What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (10 Viewers)

This is normally about the time I arrive at the bar, but tonight I'm four Captain and diets deep already. I'm sure this will be fine, and I won't wind up at a strip club or anything.  :oldunsure:

Am I a tool for thinking the woman at the end already looks pregnant?

related
This reminds me of the show my wife watched on TLC about 10 years ago where women would go to the restroom thinking they had to take the dump of the century and oops, a baby gets baptized. 

Doctor says I need to exercise more, so I bought an electric bike after trying one out.   Anyone else have one of these?  

electric bike?   exercise?
Yeah.  You still pedal, but the motor assists on hills and stuff so you can choose how much effort you want to put in at any given time.   I live at the top of a long, steep hill and it's discouraged me from riding my bike since I don't generally want to ride a mile and a half uphill at the end of each trip.    This would make me more likely to ride my bike around town, for trips to the store, things like that.

Yeah.  You still pedal, but the motor assists on hills and stuff so you can choose how much effort you want to put in at any given time.   I live at the top of a long, steep hill and it's discouraged me from riding my bike since I don't generally want to ride a mile and a half uphill at the end of each trip.    This would make me more likely to ride my bike around town, for trips to the store, things like that.
I see...makes sense

"pedal assist" ... Yeah...great for hills, and if you're really out of shape, a good way to work your way back in.
That's me.  I just tore cartilage in my ribs playing 36 holes of golf in two days.   

I first saw this bike skiing...there was some guy riding it around in the snow and it looked really fun.   Rented one for a day and decided I wanted it.  Took me a year to finally pull the trigger.

Got this delivered today.  Now I have to assemble it.  @proninja want to help me out? 

Last edited by a moderator:
That's me.  I just tore cartilage in my ribs playing 36 holes of golf in two days.   

I first saw this bike skiing...there was some guy riding it around in the snow and it looked really fun.   Rented one for a day and decided I wanted it.  Took me a year to finally pull the trigger.

Got this delivered today.  Now I have to assemble it.  @proninja want to help me out? 
all the cool kids in the neighborhood are rolling around on those fat wheels.

that thing looks fun af.

Need a second opinion on whether this was funny.  Local facebook group.  Someone posted "Who hires 16 year olds?"

My answer:  "Pedophiles."
:lmao:  But I'm a sick mf'er. All jokes are ultimately dependent on the audience. I don't know jack squat about Facebook groups, but something tells me this joke wouldn't fly there.

as the parent of young kids, I'll say this-  of course it's funny.

:pickle:

that's fantastic news!

how have you been doing? panic-attack related stuff normalizing?
Yeah, my blood pressure was really elevated.  They said the anxiety was driven by my blood pressure.

On beta blockers now and trying to exercise more and drink less.   Meds are working and I'm back down to close to normal levels.  Probably need to drop 15-20 lbs and ride that new bike a few times a week.   Having roverkid home will help a lot, and my partner talked one of our clients into continuing a trial so that I won't stroke out.   

I also fired two of my most aggravating clients.

OrtonToOlsen said:
Hey, here’s a first...

After 24 years in education I had a kid threaten my life yesterday.  

Shocking I know.
I'd normally laugh this off... but these days- ####. 

what were the circumstances? you deserved it, right?

-fish- said:
Need a second opinion on whether this was funny.  Local facebook group.  Someone posted "Who hires 16 year olds?"

My answer:  "Pedophiles."
not really.  sort of.  a little.  yes.

understanding that it's my fault for watching the morning news.. this whole scare tactics as news reporting business needs to take a long walk in the outback without water.

there's a big community event in town this weekend, the Bucks are in the NBA conference finals, the farmer's market (a big deal here) opens next week, there are new business developments in town, etc. plenty of local news to talk about.

but my morning news is 50% weather (the reason i tune in) and 50% "news now of a plane crash in the UAE this morning.  early reports are a crop duster went down near a farm outside Muzayrah. the pilot was killed..."

"in Mississippi today, a domestic violence incident left one man in jail and his wife in the hospital..."

"today in upstate Washington a man shot his family to death..."

THOSE ARE GREAT LOCAL NEWS STORIES FOR THOSE LOCAL NEWS STATIONS. BUT I DON"T GIVE A SINGLE FLYING ####.

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread