What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (6 Viewers)

I'm getting divorced.  Don't need any TPW, but it's difficult.  Final decision made yesterday (my choice).  I'm not ready to deal with IRL people on this, and I'm just posting here because...it's ####### rough and I need to let it out a little.  To make it all worse, a vacation I was supposed to take starting today got canceled due to work, so I'm just wallowing.  I shoulda gone to Vegas with fish instead.
effing fish

I'm getting divorced.  Don't need any TPW, but it's difficult.  Final decision made yesterday (my choice).  I'm not ready to deal with IRL people on this, and I'm just posting here because...it's ####### rough and I need to let it out a little.  To make it all worse, a vacation I was supposed to take starting today got canceled due to work, so I'm just wallowing.  I shoulda gone to Vegas with fish instead.
Sorry K4

So you're saying you're available?

Does this mean you’re buying another house?

That sucks K4, hope it goes quickly and as painlessly as possible for you.

:(

Could I interest you in a trip to a Bass Pro Shop? They're lovely this time of year. 

Sorry to hear that.  I wish you the best.

Blaaah.  Sorry to hear. 

I'm sure we're all wondering, so I'll go ahead and ask.....Who's getting the naan oven? Or is the oven old enough to choose?

@krista4  If you stay longer than 45 minutes in SoCal next time, drinks. Or planks.
I live, like, 10 or 15 minutes from you. Where are MY "drinks or planks"? /scarfflip

So sorry to hear my friend. Love you. :(

I have to meet my parents at a restaurant at 10 AM, so if I had any sense, I would be at home watching SNL, not at the bar working on my fifth Captain and diet. 

Narrator: he has no sense. 

Working on a Sunday afternoon blows.
Actually had the surprise benefit of getting relaxed decent 1 on 1 time with the boss, which I've needed.

I was supposed to be working under somebody during my probationary first few months- for them to test me, but also for me to learn the means, methods and specific office design idiosynchrosies, but they threw me into the deep end running two small projects right away. These I could do without problem, but doing them the "office" way has been challenging...the boss is slammed with major projects and even though mine are for important clients, they don't really rate in the grand "design" scheme of getting face time with the boss. So today was great for that. 

But yes, when I look at the projects were doing for muckety mucks around the world, I'm reminded of how scrappily poor I am...this whole working thing is for the chumps.

Eau duh toilet for furls, imo
Somethin' duh toilet, that's for certain.

But yes, when I look at the projects were doing for muckety mucks around the world, I'm reminded of how scrappily poor I am...this whole working thing is for the chumps.
Do not even get me started. 

Next month, I'm toying with the idea of asking for a 20% raise (I'm being treated as a Lead, but not being paid as one).  Even if my executive team agrees to it, I'll STILL be making next to nothing compared to what publishers plow into projects that I've worked on at this place that wind up never seeing the light of day because of some rich dude's whim.

Sorry to hear krista - good luck.

Sorry to hear.  Hope all goes well with it.  

Users who are viewing this thread