What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (11 Viewers)

Can everyone get booze, beer and wine to go from restaurants now?  Bought a bottle of bourbon with my take-out order today.   They also offered mixed drinks to go (well, they give you the mixer in a to go cup and the booze in an airplane bottle).   Liquor laws have become very relaxed.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Can everyone get booze, beer and wine to go from restaurants now?  Bought a bottle of bourbon with my take-out order today.   They also offered mixed drinks to go (well, they give you the mixer in a to go cup and the booze in an airplane bottle).   Liquor laws have become very relaxed.  
Yes. Only caveat, you must order food. Had a guy order $220 worth of booze. And a 4 dollar order of fries. 

Yes. Only caveat, you must order food. Had a guy order $220 worth of booze. And a 4 dollar order of fries. 
Seems most all states/municipalities are letting it happen to try and help keep the restaurant business alive. Good move, imo, but I have a hard time not getting curbside at liquor stores for half the price.

Seems most all states/municipalities are letting it happen to try and help keep the restaurant business alive. Good move, imo, but I have a hard time not getting curbside at liquor stores for half the price.
Dive bar closest to me bases its prices on a liquor store down the road.  More expensive than a grocery store, but I’ll pay a little extra to not wait in line or deal with crowds.

I didn't say anything.  I'm not quite there yet with the conversations with the appliances and other things.  I'll have some things to say to my desk once I get there, that's for sure.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.

Cross post

I'm sure it has been discussed already, so for that I apologize, but what are the consequences for employees of organizations large than 500+ that don't qualify under Families First Coronavirus Response Act?

Mrs. SLB is being told she needs to go in to work or else she's fired and will be denied unemployment benefits.    Neat company.

Additional items:

1. Mrs. SLB had much needed back surgery last year.  Literally put it off for over a decade.  She used to gobble pain pills but dope fiends took that option away from her.  I think she had 6 slipped discs as well as stenosis.  I bring this up because she can't file  FMLA because she used all of her time 49 weeks ago.

2. We have been the primary caregivers for my parents.  Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer in the first week of March.  Half of her lung was removed last week.  She's on the mend but contracting COVID-19 would kill her within a day.  FWIW, neither of my parents are smokers.

3.  School is canceled for the year and we have kids in middle and HS.

My best guess is that these (I won't get banned, I won't get banned) "people" are using this as leverage to screw over employees.  Also, FWIW, she's a RN at an outpatient surgery facility.  All non-life threatening procedures but there would be doctors performing these operations that are also in area hospitals, there.   Hell, there would only be a couple of hours of work A WEEK. So they're leveraging that as "work to do but you're refusing to do it".

TIA

If anyone wants to do some bare knuckle boxing, I'm totally up for it.

Cross post

I'm sure it has been discussed already, so for that I apologize, but what are the consequences for employees of organizations large than 500+ that don't qualify under Families First Coronavirus Response Act?

Mrs. SLB is being told she needs to go in to work or else she's fired and will be denied unemployment benefits.    Neat company.

Additional items:

1. Mrs. SLB had much needed back surgery last year.  Literally put it off for over a decade.  She used to gobble pain pills but dope fiends took that option away from her.  I think she had 6 slipped discs as well as stenosis.  I bring this up because she can't file  FMLA because she used all of her time 49 weeks ago.

2. We have been the primary caregivers for my parents.  Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer in the first week of March.  Half of her lung was removed last week.  She's on the mend but contracting COVID-19 would kill her within a day.  FWIW, neither of my parents are smokers.

My best guess is that these (I won't get banned, I won't get banned) "people" are using this as leverage to screw over employees.  Also, FWIW, she's a RN at an outpatient surgery facility.  All non-life threatening procedures but there would be doctors performing these operations that are also in area hospitals, there.   Hell, there would only be a couple of hours of work A WEEK. So they're leveraging that as "work to do but you're refusing to do it".

TIA

Sorry I can't help.   I'd like to know the answer to a similar question.  One of my friends got laid off because she does interior design/staging for a new construction builder.   They're shut down on that side of the business, so they tried to transfer her to a different position, but that was something she doesn't do, had a worse commute, and didn't take into account her need to provide child care for her daughter.   They laid her off and she's been getting unemployment.   Now they're saying they'll hire her back (but for the position that doesn't work), and if she doesn't accept the position she won't get unemployment under the same theory that she's refusing work.

Sorry I can't help.   I'd like to know the answer to a similar question.  One of my friends got laid off because she does interior design/staging for a new construction builder.   They're shut down on that side of the business, so they tried to transfer her to a different position, but that was something she doesn't do, had a worse commute, and didn't take into account her need to provide child care for her daughter.   They laid her off and she's been getting unemployment.   Now they're saying they'll hire her back (but for the position that doesn't work), and if she doesn't accept the position she won't get unemployment under the same theory that she's refusing work.
there's a covid 19 provision.  don't have to look for work, or adhere to any of the normal rules regarding good faith efforts to end ones unemployment.  i'm fairly certain, she would fall into this category.

Was doing some research and can't find the damn page now but it's different depending on the state you are in.  There are 11 states that passed legislation that employer can't deny unemployment benefits because of COVID-19.  Off the top of my head, California, Oregon, Washington, NY, Michigan, NJ, Nevada, Arizona, Vermont

I did find this though looking for the dang page

Hope this helps your friend GB.

19. What can I do if I think my rights have been violated?  

If you feel your rights have been violated, you can file a complaint with the Department of Labor. Different procedures may apply for government employees. If your employer has more than 50 employees, you may also be able to file a lawsuit if your rights to emergency family leave have been violated. For more information, call our free and confidential helpline at 1-833-NEED-ABB (1-833-633-3222).

Cross post

Additional items:

TIA

My wife is going through similar. Nurse heroes my ###.

Chew them up and spit them out and treat them like a part-time daycare worker.

Go to this link,

We found some good stuff there. Also give me a call over the weekend and we can discuss and maybe help you strategize.

Good luck, bro

I’ve driven 102 miles in the last 5 weeks. Normally that’s what I drive in 1.5 commutes to bfe Florida for on-site work with client. Crazy 
I took our minivan out for a drive today, I think it has been like 5 or 6 weeks since it moved on the driveway.  With all of us at home and no where to go, there is no reason to pile everyone into the same vehicle, and when she goes to the store my wife just takes my car.  Was actually surprised it started up and had no issues.

I took our minivan out for a drive today, I think it has been like 5 or 6 weeks since it moved on the driveway.  With all of us at home and no where to go, there is no reason to pile everyone into the same vehicle, and when she goes to the store my wife just takes my car.  Was actually surprised it started up and had no issues.
Right? I kinda feel like I’m retired and checking on the car I never drive. 

Users who are viewing this thread