Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

1 hour ago, belljr said:

When did using your credit card to send money via PayPal start counting as a cash advance?

After people were using it as a workaround to hit minimum spend for bonuses or to earn points they cracked down.

• Like 2
  • Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

After people were using it as a workaround to hit minimum spend for bonuses or to earn points they cracked down.

Thanks. It happened to me just recently.

I'll need to find another way then. I don't have my bank linked.

6 hours ago, belljr said:

Venmo is PayPal wouldn't they have the same rules?

I don't want to link my bank account

yea.  venmo won't work then.  isn't your PayPal linked to a bank account?  it's been so long since i set it up, i thought that was mandatory.

here's a thought that might work.  create the venmo account, have someone you know, venmo you some money, you pay them.  you can use venmo until those funds are gone.  i think

12 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

yea.  venmo won't work then.  isn't your PayPal linked to a bank account?  it's been so long since i set it up, i thought that was mandatory.

here's a thought that might work.  create the venmo account, have someone you know, venmo you some money, you pay them.  you can use venmo until those funds are gone.  i think

No my PayPal is not linked.  My wife had issue in the past so we don't link anymore.

I only have it for people can pay me if need be. And up until about a month ago I could use my card with out issue. Now I can't.   

Thanks

So my grandfather had a bugle from I think his great grandfather or great great.... I need to double check.

Anyway the bugle is from the civil war 

BELL, HENRY F.: Bugler, Enl. on 9/15/62 in Henrico Co. Listed on various clothing receipts. Pres. on all

muster rolls.

Little detail is known of the organization and training of the Mathews Light Artillery. Its organization,

however, was unusually stable. Its officers served together, without promotions or transfers, for the entire war.

The leaders of the Mathews Light Artillery were:

Andrew D. Armistead, Captain

John F. Stoakes, 1st Lieutenant

Albert F. Diggs, 2nd Lieutenant

Nathan H. Walker, 2nd Lieutenant

Key support personnel were:

Columbus Anderton, 4th/5th Corporal

Lewis H. Ashberry, Artificer

Thomas J. Diggs, Corporal (until March 5, 1864)

J. R. Diggs, Bugler

Henry F. Bell, Bugler

Pretty cool even if he was a rebel :)

• Like 4
10 hours ago, belljr said:

No my PayPal is not linked.  My wife had issue in the past so we don't link anymore.

I only have it for people can pay me if need be. And up until about a month ago I could use my card with out issue. Now I can't.   

Thanks

If you want a couple hundred bucks balance in your PayPal account to use whenever without having to link, let me know. I can paypal it to your account and you can drop me a check or whatever works for you guys. 

Edited by Bob Sacamano
21 hours ago, belljr said:

Thanks

Like Bobby sac said above. Create the Venmo account and have people send you money. Use Venmo.   This is what I did as commissioner in my home ff game.  Venmo is easier than PayPal. 

On 4/29/2020 at 12:41 PM, DA RAIDERS said:

Like Bobby sac said above. Create the Venmo account and have people send you money. Use Venmo.   This is what I did as commissioner in my home ff game.  Venmo is easier than PayPal. 

PayPal owns venmo!!!!!!!

I'm trying to send money without any in my account!!!!!

:P

1 minute ago, belljr said:

PayPal owns venmo!!!!!!!

I'm trying to send money without any in my account!!!!!

:P

i know.  the scenario bobby sac painted above, will work with venmo as well as PayPal.  venmo is an easier platform to use.  if i send you a 1000 dollars :pickle:  it would be the same thing as funding your account from a bank.  you could use that 1000 to pay people and not have the account linked to a bank or a card.

3 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

i know.  the scenario bobby sac painted above, will work with venmo as well as PayPal.  venmo is an easier platform to use.  if i send you a 1000 dollars :pickle:  it would be the same thing as funding your account from a bank.  you could use that 1000 to pay people and not have the account linked to a bank or a card.

I know!!!!!  So send my my free 1000

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

speaking of free money...

I was let go on April 1, paid w/ benefits through April 15... 2 weeks severance essentially.

I've been checking my bank accounts daily to see if the stimulus money has shown up. today, I see a bump in the account, so I figure- cool, stimulus check. look at the details... it's a paycheck from the office.

while I'm not going to argue... I have to figure this is a mistake on their part, given that my termination letter was fairly clear about dates.

what's the play here?

at this point, I'm in a purely don't ask don't tell state of mind...  much as I was two weeks ago when I got home and realized I didn't pay for the $8 sweatpants in my much larger purchase at Walmart.

33 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

I was let go on April 1, paid w/ benefits through April 15... 2 weeks severance essentially.

I've been checking my bank accounts daily to see if the stimulus money has shown up. today, I see a bump in the account, so I figure- cool, stimulus check. look at the details... it's a paycheck from the office.

while I'm not going to argue... I have to figure this is a mistake on their part, given that my termination letter was fairly clear about dates.

what's the play here?

at this point, I'm in a purely don't ask don't tell state of mind...  much as I was two weeks ago when I got home and realized I didn't pay for the $8 sweatpants in my much larger purchase at Walmart.

Do you own a red stapler?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
46 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

what's the play here?

Any chance they got PPP money and are trying to keep their payroll intact?  That would be great because there may be more coming to you...

Either way, I wouldn't say anything...I suspect they don't have clawback abilities like a bank.  

34 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Any chance they got PPP money and are trying to keep their payroll intact?  That would be great because there may be more coming to you...

Either way, I wouldn't say anything...I suspect they don't have clawback abilities like a bank.  

I've been terminated...I asked. So if this is them trying to cheat the system somehow...I feel better playing along than them just cheating the system getting PPP after letting a bunch of us go.

Also found out my long time colleague who brought me over to the office just got furloughed yesterday.

20 hours ago, El Floppo said:

what's the play here?

i would be more worried about the sweatpants from wally world than i would about free money from a company that let you go but hey the right thing to do is hold it in trust and then if you dont hear from them for about 6 years it is all yours take that to the bank bromigo 

• Like 4
56 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Today I have lived at the same address for 22 years.

@krista4 just shuddered involuntarily. Sorry, toots.

Later in May I will have lived at the same address for 22 months.  So there.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3
  • Thinking 1
2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Later in May I will have lived at the same address for 22 months.  So there.

that's like 143 in krista/dog years.

• Laughing 1

I'm having uber eats deliver dessert tonight.   I think this may be both the best part of this whole experience and a new low point.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RC94 said:

I'm having pizza for breakfast today

Heading back up to NYC today to pick up mail, check on the apt, and get sushi for 8yo floppinha.

I'll give a wave when I get to the tunnel.

• Like 1

My daughter is in a pull out class for math and ELA due to her learning difficulties and her teacher for that has been tremendous in her online teaching. The lessons have been setup well, they have been done at an appropriate level, she frequently checks progress and has feedback on every single assignment submitted, regularly posts reminders, etc. She even has been setting up a weekly Google Meet that the kids in that class can join just to catch up with each other each week and check in with their teacher. It’s been one of the highlights of my daughter’s week the last few weeks just getting to see her friends and teacher.

My daughter does her science and social studies classes with her homeroom class and had an aide with her to help her work through the information since she processes stuff slowly. It’s worked out really well and she generally has enjoyed those classes. Obviously she doesn’t have an aide here so I have been helping her out as I can.

This morning I sat down with her to do her science work and...I’m not sure the homeroom teacher is quite as much in the ball. The lesson was basically the homeroom teacher reading through the online curriculum and she pretty obviously hadn’t gone through it ahead of time before recording the video. She made multiple incorrect references, answered some questions wrong during the lesson (she fixed them at least) and in general didn’t seem to know the material.

I know all of this is new and difficult and everyone has a lot of other crap and stress to deal with besides just their jobs, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed. 5th grade science should be basic enough to look over and run through without giving bad information or confusing the students.

• Like 1

And while I’m ranting, what the heck did they change in the graham cracker recipe that makes them impossible to break evenly now? Seems like no matter what I do they won’t break on the lines no matter which brand I buy. :angry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, RC94 said:

Had some excellent breakfast tacos earlier, but you’ve inspired me to get pizza tonight.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

And while I’m ranting, what the heck did they change in the graham cracker recipe that makes them impossible to break evenly now? Seems like no matter what I do they won’t break on the lines no matter which brand I buy. :angry:

25% less fiberglass.

30 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

did we do away with the kids with stupid names thread?

https://fox11online.com/news/entertainment/elon-musk-singer-grimes-welcome-new-baby-son

The SpaceX mastermind announced his new son's name is something a little out of the box: X Æ A-12 Musk.

pronounced "karl"

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2
49 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

did we do away with the kids with stupid names thread?

https://fox11online.com/news/entertainment/elon-musk-singer-grimes-welcome-new-baby-son

The SpaceX mastermind announced his new son's name is something a little out of the box: X Æ A-12 Musk.

The rare occasion where it's OK to use your own name as your password.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Osaurus said:
5 hours ago, RC94 said:

Had some excellent breakfast tacos earlier, but you’ve inspired me to get pizza tonight.

I have some crappy frozen taquitos and a bottle of mezcal. Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Too bad they didn’t teach those when @General Malaise was in school 

Goes for me too, as soon as I typed that one of my kids somehow pulled out the entire condiment drawer from the fridge.  Luckily the only thing that broke was a bottle of hoisin sauce and a bottle of maple syrup, those are definitely the easiest to clean up off a wood floor when you have shards of glass mixed in with them 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
1 hour ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Goes for me too, as soon as I typed that one of my kids somehow pulled out the entire condiment drawer from the fridge.  Luckily the only thing that broke was a bottle of hoisin sauce and a bottle of maple syrup, those are definitely the easiest to clean up off a wood floor when you have shards of glass mixed in with them 

this belongs in the quarantine recipe thread ...mmm sweet shards

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
6 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

https://honey-maid.pissedconsumer.com/honey-maid-graham-crackers-have-changed-recipe-20151031726834.html

• Like 1