What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (22 Viewers)

Client is saying I’ll be wfh full time until until at least 6/1 and 80% wfh after that for an undetermined amount of time. If I don’t win another 5 years on the contract, I’m good through August and then it’s adios. 

Wife has been with her employer for 19 years, working for an artist/non-businessperson.  Lots of frustrations.  Way under-paid, but enjoyed the job for the most part despite the frustrations of a terrible owner making bad business decisions but still loving her personally (hope that makes sense).  Last June she gave a 1 year notice.  Yes, 1 year.  My wife essentially manages the business and was finally like "I've had enough, I want to spend time at home, my husband makes enough dollars, I want to be done."  They took her notice with gratitude and promises of working on replacing her.

Flash forward to the pandemic.  One of the two gals (***2***) who was supposed to replace my wife moved away, and the other is pregnant and due early July.  In the last month my wife got a 10% raise.  Last night she got a very friendly email inviting her to extend her going-away for as long as she'd like, as many hours/week as she'd like, with a 25% raise.  Which would put her just above what I figure she should have been making the last few years.  Tomorrow she will accept their offer at full hours.

Long story short, at least she'll be paid well and that is good for us.  Also she won't be bored at home, which is VERY good for me.  :banned:  

Client is saying I’ll be wfh full time until until at least 6/1 and 80% wfh after that for an undetermined amount of time. If I don’t win another 5 years on the contract, I’m good through August and then it’s adios. 
best of luck, friend

Im still trying to find the right emoji answer for this.

This?

Osaurus said:
:shrug:

I think maybe some folks got the wrong idea. I’m not losing my job. The likelihood of me winning another 5 years with the current client is pretty high since I’ve done more for them in 1.5 years than the previous consultant did in 3.5 years (they did arguably next to nothing and billed a boatload). Even if I don’t win the contract, my company has plenty of other contracts with similar public entities (state) across the state that I’ll be plugged into. In addition, there’s another contract I can work on (if my company wins it) for the client if they wish it. I was actually splitting my time between contracts before this COVID crap.

Basically if the client is dumb enough to let me walk away, they’re gonna be screwed for a while and my life gets easier.  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
facook said:
Wife has been with her employer for 19 years, working for an artist/non-businessperson.  Lots of frustrations.  Way under-paid, but enjoyed the job for the most part despite the frustrations of a terrible owner making bad business decisions but still loving her personally (hope that makes sense).  Last June she gave a 1 year notice.  Yes, 1 year.  My wife essentially manages the business and was finally like "I've had enough, I want to spend time at home, my husband makes enough dollars, I want to be done."  They took her notice with gratitude and promises of working on replacing her.

Flash forward to the pandemic.  One of the two gals (***2***) who was supposed to replace my wife moved away, and the other is pregnant and due early July.  In the last month my wife got a 10% raise.  Last night she got a very friendly email inviting her to extend her going-away for as long as she'd like, as many hours/week as she'd like, with a 25% raise.  Which would put her just above what I figure she should have been making the last few years.  Tomorrow she will accept their offer at full hours.

Long story short, at least she'll be paid well and that is good for us.  Also she won't be bored at home, which is VERY good for me.  :banned:  
You should have twins!

My oldest son is taking his physics AP test in our conference room at work because taking a test at our house would be like trying to take a test on the set of a wacky Japanese game show where everybody screams, there's lots of strange crying and pies get thrown at random intervals.  

Kinda nice having him here.  Happy Take your 17 year old Son to Work Day, everybody!  Also, happy birthday, K4!

Gwenyth Paltrow said in an interview that we should take this time to learn a new language or write a book.  I just shook cookie crumbles off my t-shirt and I don’t know what day it is.  I’m pretty sure I won’t be doing either of those things.
Huh. How many minutes a day are you making sure you have your jade egg shoved up your naughty place and are you making sure you trim your wick when you’re done burning your candle that smells like Paltrow’s hoo-ha?

Sorry about the pets.   I have a love/hate relationship with Murdercat, but it will break my heart when she passes.   Then again, I cut my foot the other day and in the middle of the night she smelled the blood and literally tried to eat my foot.   She'll probably outlive me.  

Just won $350 on the 9th race at Santa Anita.  

I remember having a pop up book when I was a kid.  Barely remember the movie.  How’s it hold up?  Wouldn’t mind showing the kids that one 
The strings are obvious at times. I so wanted the lunchbox when I was a kid. Maximilian scared the #### out of me. Not bad for 1979 imo. 

Do you guys know if there's a reasonably priced reusable face mask that makes a Darth Vader sound when I breath?

Users who are viewing this thread