What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (12 Viewers)

I wanted to say "ok, Karen", but I'm back in NYC and afraid people will riot and loot. And by people, I mean my wife.

Jesus, our apartment is small. Great to be back in the city and all, but yeesh...suburban housing relative perspective was not a good thing.

@Dan Lambskin

to reseason the cast iron,  coat the pan thoroughly  in any oil. preheat the oven to 400.  put foil on bottom of oven, to catch drips. put pan in oven, upside down.  turn off oven. forget the pan is in there, until you use oven again.  voila!  seasoned.  this also works in the bbq.
Yes, this technique is perfect except for the forgetting the pan is in there part when you're reminded the next day by your wife who heats up the oven to bake cookies with the kids and doesn't realize there's a 25 pound hunk of hellish hot metal that she's got to now remove before baking said cookies.  That's only happened in our household a dozen times or more.  Know how I know?   SHE REMINDS ME OF EACH AND EVERY TIME.  :HOT:

Yes, this technique is perfect except for the forgetting the pan is in there part when you're reminded the next day by your wife who heats up the oven to bake cookies with the kids and doesn't realize there's a 25 pound hunk of hellish hot metal that she's got to now remove before baking said cookies.  That's only happened in our household a dozen times or more.  Know how I know?   SHE REMINDS ME OF EACH AND EVERY TIME.  :HOT:
Leave the oven door open. It will never get to their pre-heat temperature.  Thereby avoiding the need to remove the cast iron at all.   

:ProblemSolver:

Leave the oven door open. It will never get to their pre-heat temperature.  Thereby avoiding the need to remove the cast iron at all.   

:ProblemSolver:
the wife will take one to the shin.  or one of 9 kids will take a header over that door.  no win situation

I'm Not Like the Other Girls is the cocoon from which so many butterflies have emerged, including the Cool Mom and the Art Teacher Who Drives A VW Bug and this whole new genus of I'm Not a Karens that cropped up this year. Truly magnificent to see one in the wild.

Or, you know, I just thought I'd tell a story.  Won't do that again.  What a bunch of jackasses.
big fan of your story ...our PO just split a bunch of plastic storage containers my wife ordered because they felt compelled to jam that and a bunch of other stuff in the mailbox instead of deliver that package to our door (which they often do).  

We often get "returned due to lack of postage" on regular greeting cards with nothing stuffed in them except maybe a check.  My favorite was ...as a result of this more than regular occurance ...I went to the PO ...gave it them an important and oh so slightly oversized birthday card for them to assess and weigh.  They applied the postage.  

yes ...it was returned with the "insufficient postage" marked on it.  

It's like they exchange "customer gimp lists" with Direct TV.  

Literally :lmao:

Both of my boys got straight A's for the entire second semester. After I promised them a trip to the Dominican. Mostly before Covid. But in public school.
Is the Dominican a drug dealer or a pimp? Just trying to figure out what kind of night the boys have to look forward to.

ETA...nice work on the grades, regardless 

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t want to be seen as condoning mixing different types of coffee.
fair enough.  i smelled a handful of the beans, before i mixed them with mine.  smelled good.  most importantly, not flavored.  and, it's costco, not like i'm getting jamaican blue mountain beans, harvested by hand.

In retrospect, back in 2015 not a single person got the right answer when asked “where do you think you will be in 5 years?”

There's a food cart near my place that makes great quesadillas and tacos.  I like it kind of spicy, especially with roasted jalapenos, but they don't have it.  I bought some and roasted them - some with the seeds in and some without.  I found the without to be too mild.  I liked the seeds in, but it made my lips numb because it was pretty spicy.  I can go without seeds and use some hot sauce to make it spicier, but I think I'm going to stick with the seeds in because I have ice cream, which is amazingly effective in reducing that numbness from spicy food.

There's a food cart near my place that makes great quesadillas and tacos.  I like it kind of spicy, especially with roasted jalapenos, but they don't have it.  I bought some and roasted them - some with the seeds in and some without.  I found the without to be too mild.  I liked the seeds in, but it made my lips numb because it was pretty spicy.  I can go without seeds and use some hot sauce to make it spicier, but I think I'm going to stick with the seeds in because I have ice cream, which is amazingly effective in reducing that numbness from spicy food.
skip right to the ice cream, imo.

In my personal life, I try not to lawyer too much.   I'm pretty easy going, and when I deal with contractors and people like that I'll usually be pretty accommodating.  Until I'm not.

I've been doing a partial remodel of my house since December.   I understand that due to a freaking pandemic that some things are delayed, but I've had one portion of this job that's been a nightmare.   The first guy screwed it up and then disappeared, so I hired a second guy to fix it.   He's had an excuse for everything, and constantly says that he needs two more weeks to get it done.  I paid him half up front two and a half months ago, and so far have zero delivered.   I have an interior designer running this project for me because I don't want the headaches.  I told her that if I have to get involved it won't be pretty.   She's been trying to get in touch with this guy for a week to tell him that I'm about to be done with him, and he hasn't returned her calls or messages.   Today she contacted him and his assistant saying to get back to her today or they are fired.   He called me instead.   Mistake.  He said zero words from the time I picked up the phone and lit into him.  When I hung up, he understood that he has two options:   Get the project done by the end of next week or I sue him.   Told him that refunding my money without me suing him wasn't even an option, because I want the lawsuit to be on the record against his company.   Told him never call me or text me again and that he has to go through my designer.  

She hasn't heard from him.  

I'm going to ruin this guy.  

Users who are viewing this thread