Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, El Floppo said:

There are a gazillion cops out on my corner tonight. 

It's in the 60s, gorgeous night. People are out in huge numbers....eating and drinking. In our ghost town.  Hopefully the cops will keep them from puking in our doorway (looking at you @RC94). #lawandorder 

:oldunsure:

 

 

:pickle:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 87.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Officer Pete Malloy

    5008

  • General Malaise

    4491

  • El Floppo

    4230

  • kevzilla

    3101

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Thanks for all the thropwas everybody.  I'm doing alright, hanging out with family and friends, tipping back cold ones, grilling and enjoying 80 degree weather.  Despite being a little sad, I'm reliev

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

what's the deal with wanting chaos and rioting at this point?

man, I'm old but I just don't get it - pretty ####ed up

I missed this... Who wants that?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Out at breakfast at the diner across the street (outdoor/sidewalk)...gorgeous morning here in nyc after a long and celebratory day full of jubilation, honking and yelling.

We here a commotion across the street, punctuated by somebody yelling full-voice- "I GOT A BIG ###, AND I GOT BIG DREAMS"

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2020 at 3:04 PM, Binky The Doormat said:

what's the deal with wanting chaos and rioting at this point?

man, I'm old but I just don't get it - pretty ####ed up

 

On 11/8/2020 at 4:26 AM, El Floppo said:

I missed this... Who wants that?

Some people in Portland, OR at least.  Not normal or decent people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kevzilla said:

Final Four weekend. Probably the earliest I would consider a Vegas trip.

That was the other option, but Sarah (you met her) thought the pools would be too cold and she would be right. The timing also has to be around then too in order to space out my 3 trips in 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Osaurus said:

That was the other option, but Sarah (you met her) thought the pools would be too cold and she would be right. The timing also has to be around then too in order to space out my 3 trips in 2021.

Two (I think) of Circa's six pools are heated, they claim they can get them to 103. Just saying. But yeah, sitting in a hot tub and watching hockey with hundreds of people is not how I Vegas.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Two (I think) of Circa's six pools are heated, they claim they can get them to 103. Just saying. But yeah, sitting in a hot tub and watching hockey with hundreds of people is not how I Vegas.

Pretty sure next time I make it to Vegas I’m staying at Circa. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

a chick i work with has been to vegas at least 3 times during covid.  including getting married.  :shrug: 

Oh, I went in August. Lots of day trips in the rental car. Hopeful of going back to my 'regular' Apr-Oct schedule.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, 2020 has sucked but this week is kinda pushing me to my limit a bit. My mother-in-law (single mother to my only child wife and just about only family my wife has) passed away rather suddenly Monday morning after going into the hospital Sunday. Had her service yesterday morning. Was a great service and she was really at peace with dying (though my wife didn’t realize it was that much of a reality when she spent the day with her mom at the hospital Sunday). 

Was probably stupid of us Covid-wise to have my parents come out to help us out this week, but emotionally and practically they were a huge help. They are headed back home this afternoon and just called me to let me know that my mid-90s grandmother in a nursing home tested positive for Covid this morning and has had a slight fever. So yeah. She’s a tough old bird and has been on the brink of death a few times, and so far the other 11 residents that currently got it in her nursing home either have mild symptoms or no symptoms, but with how this last week has gone it just feels more ominous than it may otherwise.

  • Love 2
  • Sad 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GroveDiesel said:

Man, 2020 has sucked but this week is kinda pushing me to my limit a bit. My mother-in-law (single mother to my only child wife and just about only family my wife has) passed away rather suddenly Monday morning after going into the hospital Sunday. Had her service yesterday morning. Was a great service and she was really at peace with dying (though my wife didn’t realize it was that much of a reality when she spent the day with her mom at the hospital Sunday). 

Was probably stupid of us Covid-wise to have my parents come out to help us out this week, but emotionally and practically they were a huge help. They are headed back home this afternoon and just called me to let me know that my mid-90s grandmother in a nursing home tested positive for Covid this morning and has had a slight fever. So yeah. She’s a tough old bird and has been on the brink of death a few times, and so far the other 11 residents that currently got it in her nursing home either have mild symptoms or no symptoms, but with how this last week has gone it just feels more ominous than it may otherwise.

I'm so sorry for your loss GB 💔

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from Mexico.  I don’t understand getting through Customs anymore.  All they do is take your picture and scan your passport.  They didn’t ask me if I had anything to declare (I did), or give me an opportunity to declare anything.  Is this normal now?  I would have brought back a lot more pharmaceuticals for personal use had I known this.  

Edited by the rover
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, the rover said:

Just got back from Mexico.  I don’t understand getting through Customs anymore.  All they do is take your picture and scan your passport.  They didn’t ask me if I had anything to declare (I did), or give me an opportunity to declare anything.  Is this normal now?  I would have brought back a lot more pharmaceuticals for personal use had I known this.  

Where'd you go?

We're heading down to Cozumel for Christmas unless things change in the next month. Wondering how things are down there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Where'd you go?

We're heading down to Cozumel for Christmas unless things change in the next month. Wondering how things are down there.

Cabo.  100% mask wearing everywhere we went.  Hand sanitizer and temperature taken to enter into any store or restaurant, except the smallest shops who didn’t take temp but made you use sanitizer.   Social distancing at all restaurants.  Beaches are open but weren’t nearly as crowded as normal.  
 

Because of reduced capacity in restaurants you need to make dinner reservations if you’re going to a popular place.  
 

This was my second time flying.  Alaska Airlines this time.   This time they claimed they wouldn’t seat anyone in middle seats.  That isn’t exactly the case.  They just moved people that bought tickets together from the seats they bought to middle seats.  The flight wasn’t completely full, but they definitely sold more seats than they claimed would be available.  
 

Overall everything in Mexico felt like they were taking it way more seriously than here.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good info..thanks.

I'm most concerned about the ferry from playa del carmen to cozumel in terms of social distancing and surfaces. The open air deck on top isn't very big and might be full. We'll be flying straight out of Cozumel on the way back.

After that, concerned about the airport in texas...houston? 

We'll also see what it's like at peak time during the holidays. My vote was on sitting this one out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Good info..thanks.

I'm most concerned about the ferry from playa del carmen to cozumel in terms of social distancing and surfaces. The open air deck on top isn't very big and might be full. We'll be flying straight out of Cozumel on the way back.

After that, concerned about the airport in texas...houston? 

We'll also see what it's like at peak time during the holidays. My vote was on sitting this one out.

i just went to st john USVI, from LA.  LA-MIA flight was packed.  :oldunsure:  MIA-STT plane was empty.  we were able to distance ourselves in the airports.  we had to have a negative covid test, within 96 hours of travel.  fill out some covid paperwork and get our temp scanned, as we arrived in st thomas.  then a taxi, with other people(that's how they roll down there)  then the ferry.  sat top deck also.

on the return, we upgraded to business.  big difference.

not mexico, but travel.  they were way more serious about covid in the islands, than in CA.  take care of yourselves, and you should be fine.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Costco used to have good customer service.   Now it sucks.  Ordered a new washer/dryer for my house online.  When I bought it the site said estimated delivery 11/20, and said that someone would contact me to set up a delivery window.   Then I got a text saying that it had been shipped and that it would be delivered 11/20, and someone would contact me to set up a delivery window.   Nobody contacted me, so I called today to follow up.  

Learned that delivery on 11/20 means that it gets delivered to the warehouse on 11/20, and there is no way to know when it will be delivered to me.   Could be next week, could be next year.  Whenever the freight company decides to pick it up at the warehouse and deliver it.    They said there was no way to know since it's a separate company and they have no control over it.   

I explained that delivery of an item I purchased means that they bring it to me, and that anything else is not delivery, it's shipping.   She agreed and said that she didn't understand that when they trained her either.   So after 10 minutes on hold and another 10 minutes on the phone, all I learned is that delivery dates are meaningless when you buy a Costco appliance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, the rover said:

Costco used to have good customer service.   Now it sucks.  Ordered a new washer/dryer for my house online.  When I bought it the site said estimated delivery 11/20, and said that someone would contact me to set up a delivery window.   Then I got a text saying that it had been shipped and that it would be delivered 11/20, and someone would contact me to set up a delivery window.   Nobody contacted me, so I called today to follow up.  

Learned that delivery on 11/20 means that it gets delivered to the warehouse on 11/20, and there is no way to know when it will be delivered to me.   Could be next week, could be next year.  Whenever the freight company decides to pick it up at the warehouse and deliver it.    They said there was no way to know since it's a separate company and they have no control over it.   

I explained that delivery of an item I purchased means that they bring it to me, and that anything else is not delivery, it's shipping.   She agreed and said that she didn't understand that when they trained her either.   So after 10 minutes on hold and another 10 minutes on the phone, all I learned is that delivery dates are meaningless when you buy a Costco appliance.

Had a similar experience buying a couch at a different retailer. The crazy thing was it suddenly showed up like a week before they indicated it was even arriving for the freight company.

Pretty much all the big companies seem to do this with big box items now. There’s really 3 companies involved: the retailer, the main freight company, and the local shipper. The retailer is simply sending the order to the main freight company and neither they nor the local delivery company give a crap about you because you have zero influence on their business.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2020 at 9:29 PM, the rover said:

Cabo.  100% mask wearing everywhere we went.  Hand sanitizer and temperature taken to enter into any store or restaurant, except the smallest shops who didn’t take temp but made you use sanitizer.   Social distancing at all restaurants.  Beaches are open but weren’t nearly as crowded as normal.  
 

Because of reduced capacity in restaurants you need to make dinner reservations if you’re going to a popular place.  
 

This was my second time flying.  Alaska Airlines this time.   This time they claimed they wouldn’t seat anyone in middle seats.  That isn’t exactly the case.  They just moved people that bought tickets together from the seats they bought to middle seats.  The flight wasn’t completely full, but they definitely sold more seats than they claimed would be available.  
 

Overall everything in Mexico felt like they were taking it way more seriously than here.  

Wife was in Cancun last month and said the same about Mexico taking it more seriously 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

Had a similar experience buying a couch at a different retailer. The crazy thing was it suddenly showed up like a week before they indicated it was even arriving for the freight company.

Pretty much all the big companies seem to do this with big box items now. There’s really 3 companies involved: the retailer, the main freight company, and the local shipper. The retailer is simply sending the order to the main freight company and neither they nor the local delivery company give a crap about you because you have zero influence on their business.

That's simply not true. I get that the end customer can be frustrated with the big box store for miscommunicating but most people have no idea how logistics even works. They just expect a box to show up. In my experience, it's not usually the local delivery guys fault for missing a date.

We work with Costco on the "final mile" of a few of their products. It certainly impacts our business and we do give a crap. Because if we eff up, we hear about it from both the customer and <insert corporation here>. Ultimately we often are not given any direction until the freight arrives locally. That could cause a delay if other deliveries/routes are scheduled already. Some local delivery teams only have a few trucks/drivers depending on market size and they likely do Steinhafels, Best Buy, Costco among others so the routes fill up fast. Either way, once we have the details we pre-call the customer to let them know we have it (or when we will have it) and then schedule a delivery window.

There's much more going on with these type of deliveries than people would like to admit. The bolded is just lazy Karen-type complaining.

Edited by strykerpks
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, the rover said:

Costco used to have good customer service.   Now it sucks.  Ordered a new washer/dryer for my house online.  When I bought it the site said estimated delivery 11/20, and said that someone would contact me to set up a delivery window.   Then I got a text saying that it had been shipped and that it would be delivered 11/20, and someone would contact me to set up a delivery window.   Nobody contacted me, so I called today to follow up.  

Learned that delivery on 11/20 means that it gets delivered to the warehouse on 11/20, and there is no way to know when it will be delivered to me.   Could be next week, could be next year.  Whenever the freight company decides to pick it up at the warehouse and deliver it.    They said there was no way to know since it's a separate company and they have no control over it.   

I explained that delivery of an item I purchased means that they bring it to me, and that anything else is not delivery, it's shipping.   She agreed and said that she didn't understand that when they trained her either.   So after 10 minutes on hold and another 10 minutes on the phone, all I learned is that delivery dates are meaningless when you buy a Costco appliance.

I had the same thing happen a few months ago.   Total bs.   I cancelled the order and re ordered at best buy and picked it up without getting out of my car the next day.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, the rover said:

Costco used to have good customer service.   Now it sucks.  Ordered a new washer/dryer for my house online.  When I bought it the site said estimated delivery 11/20, and said that someone would contact me to set up a delivery window.   Then I got a text saying that it had been shipped and that it would be delivered 11/20, and someone would contact me to set up a delivery window.   Nobody contacted me, so I called today to follow up.  

Learned that delivery on 11/20 means that it gets delivered to the warehouse on 11/20, and there is no way to know when it will be delivered to me.   Could be next week, could be next year.  Whenever the freight company decides to pick it up at the warehouse and deliver it.    They said there was no way to know since it's a separate company and they have no control over it.   

I explained that delivery of an item I purchased means that they bring it to me, and that anything else is not delivery, it's shipping.   She agreed and said that she didn't understand that when they trained her either.   So after 10 minutes on hold and another 10 minutes on the phone, all I learned is that delivery dates are meaningless when you buy a Costco appliance.

Huh.  I ordered a dryer on 11/9 online and it arrived on 11/11.  Now, the guy who delivered it was supposed to install it for free, but said our venting needed to be completely replaced and he also wouldn't use our existing 3-pronged dryer cord to go on the new unit (which came with a 4 pronged dryer cord).  That cord went with our old unit, which he hauled away for free.  Could have saved me $20 buying a new 3-pronged cord at HD.  But I don't pin that on Costco; I think they contract out the delivery.  

I have to go to Costco today and I'm kind of dreading it after Gov. Shut Down Brown put new restrictions in place starting today.  Expecting mass panic buyers in addition to the people buying for Thanksgiving which really, since we can't have more than 6 people inside a building together, should probably be cancelled too.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Huh.  I ordered a dryer on 11/9 online and it arrived on 11/11.  Now, the guy who delivered it was supposed to install it for free, but said our venting needed to be completely replaced and he also wouldn't use our existing 3-pronged dryer cord to go on the new unit (which came with a 4 pronged dryer cord).  That cord went with our old unit, which he hauled away for free.  Could have saved me $20 buying a new 3-pronged cord at HD.  But I don't pin that on Costco; I think they contract out the delivery.  

I have to go to Costco today and I'm kind of dreading it after Gov. Shut Down Brown put new restrictions in place starting today.  Expecting mass panic buyers in addition to the people buying for Thanksgiving which really, since we can't have more than 6 people inside a building together, should probably be cancelled too.  

The Oregon Toilet Paper Panic had already kicked in again this last weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, facook said:

The Oregon Toilet Paper Panic had already kicked in again this last weekend.

The wife saw a line around the block at our local whole foods.

I pass two CityMD walk in clinics on the way to work...also with lines around the block, I assume waiting to get covid tested.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Huh.  I ordered a dryer on 11/9 online and it arrived on 11/11.  Now, the guy who delivered it was supposed to install it for free, but said our venting needed to be completely replaced and he also wouldn't use our existing 3-pronged dryer cord to go on the new unit (which came with a 4 pronged dryer cord).  That cord went with our old unit, which he hauled away for free.  Could have saved me $20 buying a new 3-pronged cord at HD.  But I don't pin that on Costco; I think they contract out the delivery.  

I have to go to Costco today and I'm kind of dreading it after Gov. Shut Down Brown put new restrictions in place starting today.  Expecting mass panic buyers in addition to the people buying for Thanksgiving which really, since we can't have more than 6 people inside a building together, should probably be cancelled too.  

Been seeing it here in Tampa for a couple of weeks despite the Governor deciding not to do anything COVID related. Fortunately for us, we split our Thanksgiving purchases into 2 trips over 2 weekends. All we have now to buy is the fresh stuff which seems to be like Floridian kryptonite seeing as how much Publix and other grocery stores seem to have when everything else is gone. Godspeed.

Edited by Osaurus
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:
47 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Watching a "virtual town hall" webcast from our CEO (Fortune 500 company) and his dogs are barking their heads off in the background while he's trying to talk :lmao:

Woof

Q&A session included "Tell us more about your dogs" so he did.  (2 golden retrievers aged 7 and 12 if you're wondering)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Q&A session included "Tell us more about your dogs" so he did.  (2 golden retrievers aged 7 and 12 if you're wondering)

I was, thank you.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Two years ago I displaced a rib playing golf.  It took about 6 weeks to heal.  This morning I re-injured the same rib when I sneezed while bent over the sink to spit out my toothpaste.  I can barely move and everything I do hurts.  This is the dumbest way I have ever been injured, and I do a lot of stupid stuff.

 

  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...