Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

Yesterday my power was knocked out for 12 hours by a snowstorm.

This morning the internet is out.

Our sump pump went out this morning and we cannot use our toilets, sink or showers

Found out yesterday I was exposed to covid last Saturday

Going to get tested today

I'm beginning to have my doubts about 2021

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Love 4
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2021 at 11:40 PM, kevzilla said:

Crosby defeated Liberty Hill 62-61 in OT. LH went for two after scoring in overtime and fumbled.

Next week, who will have more New covid cases, Liberty Hill or Crosby?

Edited by cosjobs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Yesterday my power was knocked out for 12 hours by a snowstorm.

This morning the internet is out.

Our sump pump went out this morning and we cannot use our toilets, sink or showers

Found out yesterday I was exposed to covid last Saturday

Going to get tested today

I'm beginning to have my doubts about 2021

 

 

 

 

 

 

well ####. Just got a call from Memory Care unit at Elmcroft and my mom tested positive for COVID. Evidently almost all of the residents have tested positive. Most everyone, including my mom is asymptomatic. This is kind of freaking me out. There really are not many if any hospital beds available in Austin now and they aren't keen to give them to 92 year olds. I guess the good thing is that she is already on hospice, so if she starts having bad effects, they are liberal with the morphine, so her suffering should be minimized. Tough day when that's the good news.

I hope things do a 180 before Joyce and I get results in a day or two.

 

Edited by cosjobs
  • Love 4
  • Sad 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cosjobs said:

well ####. Just got a call from Memory Care unit at Elmcroft and my mom tested positive for COVID. Evidently almost all of the residents have tested positive. Most everyone, including my mom is asymptomatic. This is kind of freaking me out. There really are not many if any hospital beds available in Austin now and they are keen to giving the to 92 year olds. I guess the good thing is that she is already on hospice, so if she starts having bad effects, they are liberal with the morphine, so her suffering should be minimized. Tough day when that's the good news.

I hope things do a 180 before Joyce and I get results in a day or two.

 

Blaaah. Sorry to hear, man.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

well ####. Just got a call from Memory Care unit at Elmcroft and my mom tested positive for COVID. Evidently almost all of the residents have tested positive. Most everyone, including my mom is asymptomatic. This is kind of freaking me out. There really are not many if any hospital beds available in Austin now and they are keen to giving the to 92 year olds. I guess the good thing is that she is already on hospice, so if she starts having bad effects, they are liberal with the morphine, so her suffering should be minimized. Tough day when that's the good news.

I hope things do a 180 before Joyce and I get results in a day or two.

 

That sucks GB. Hope she stays asymptomatic and recovers quickly.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

well ####. Just got a call from Memory Care unit at Elmcroft and my mom tested positive for COVID. Evidently almost all of the residents have tested positive. Most everyone, including my mom is asymptomatic. This is kind of freaking me out. There really are not many if any hospital beds available in Austin now and they are keen to giving the to 92 year olds. I guess the good thing is that she is already on hospice, so if she starts having bad effects, they are liberal with the morphine, so her suffering should be minimized. Tough day when that's the good news.

I hope things do a 180 before Joyce and I get results in a day or two.

 

 

####..good luck Cos.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cosjobs said:

well ####. Just got a call from Memory Care unit at Elmcroft and my mom tested positive for COVID. Evidently almost all of the residents have tested positive. Most everyone, including my mom is asymptomatic. This is kind of freaking me out. There really are not many if any hospital beds available in Austin now and they are keen to giving the to 92 year olds. I guess the good thing is that she is already on hospice, so if she starts having bad effects, they are liberal with the morphine, so her suffering should be minimized. Tough day when that's the good news.

I hope things do a 180 before Joyce and I get results in a day or two.

 

Maaaaann, that’s a lot of crap all at once. Sorry to hear that cos, that sucks. Prayers up for you and your fam.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stupid health insurer cancelled me for non-payment, while at the same time issuing me refund for overpayment in exactly the amount they said I didn't pay.

Their website is down, of course.   

6 hours of phone calls between yesterday and today between the state healthfinder and the insurance company and all that I've managed to accomplish is being "escalated."

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, the rover said:

Stupid health insurer cancelled me for non-payment, while at the same time issuing me refund for overpayment in exactly the amount they said I didn't pay.

Their website is down, of course.   

6 hours of phone calls between yesterday and today between the state healthfinder and the insurance company and all that I've managed to accomplish is being "escalated."

Yeah, sounds about right.

We got a notice that our health insurance was changing back in November (on my wife’s insurance she had through teaching). They proceeded to never actually send us anything explaining what was changing. Wife then spent 5 hours on hold before talking to someone and getting some of the details. Changes went into effect January 1 and the old insurance was no longer valid. As of yesterday, we still had my received our new insurance cards so my wife spent another 3 hours on hold to talk to someone who told us the cards were on their way. Turns out they were right because they showed up yesterday afternoon.

But I don’t understand the thought process of not sending them out sooner so that we didn’t have a 2 week gap where we couldn’t make any doctor appointments and crossed our fingers that nobody got sick/hurt because we had no way of submitting our insurance info. Well, that’s not true, I do understand the thought process, it’s: screw you we can save money by not paying for anything for a couple of weeks because we don’t give a crap about you and there’s nothing you can do about it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Yeah, sounds about right.

We got a notice that our health insurance was changing back in November (on my wife’s insurance she had through teaching). They proceeded to never actually send us anything explaining what was changing. Wife then spent 5 hours on hold before talking to someone and getting some of the details. Changes went into effect January 1 and the old insurance was no longer valid. As of yesterday, we still had my received our new insurance cards so my wife spent another 3 hours on hold to talk to someone who told us the cards were on their way. Turns out they were right because they showed up yesterday afternoon.

But I don’t understand the thought process of not sending them out sooner so that we didn’t have a 2 week gap where we couldn’t make any doctor appointments and crossed our fingers that nobody got sick/hurt because we had no way of submitting our insurance info. Well, that’s not true, I do understand the thought process, it’s: screw you we can save money by not paying for anything for a couple of weeks because we don’t give a crap about you and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Its probably baked in to their procedures and delaying the cards two weeks to everyone probably saves them millions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

Yeah, sounds about right.

We got a notice that our health insurance was changing back in November (on my wife’s insurance she had through teaching). They proceeded to never actually send us anything explaining what was changing. Wife then spent 5 hours on hold before talking to someone and getting some of the details. Changes went into effect January 1 and the old insurance was no longer valid. As of yesterday, we still had my received our new insurance cards so my wife spent another 3 hours on hold to talk to someone who told us the cards were on their way. Turns out they were right because they showed up yesterday afternoon.

But I don’t understand the thought process of not sending them out sooner so that we didn’t have a 2 week gap where we couldn’t make any doctor appointments and crossed our fingers that nobody got sick/hurt because we had no way of submitting our insurance info. Well, that’s not true, I do understand the thought process, it’s: screw you we can save money by not paying for anything for a couple of weeks because we don’t give a crap about you and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Well you may not have your card but you were certainly covered. Insurance doesn't begin once you have the card. And honestly I am shocked that you couldn't access it electronically. Hell my insurance doesn't even send out cards anymore, you just use the app and can email, fax, or show it to your provider.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, the rover said:

Crazy storm here tonight.  Lost power 4 or 5 times.  Wind gusts up to 60 mph.  Something big hit my house or roof, but couldn’t find it with a flashlight.  Probably in my backyard somewhere.

on a related note, squirrels have been using my roof as a launching pad lately. couldn't figure it out for a while. sounds like branches scraping the roof, but we don't have a tree hanging over the roof.

i'd hear a bunch of scratching and scraping. but randomly.

then it snowed and i thought may be it was just snow/ice sliding off the roof?

turns out it's squirrels scrambling and launching themselves off the roof to a tree nearby. or just in to my yard. could be the same squirrel over and over. hard to tell as i haven't seen one carrying beer and a cigarette yet.

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hawks64 said:

Well you may not have your card but you were certainly covered. Insurance doesn't begin once you have the card. And honestly I am shocked that you couldn't access it electronically. Hell my insurance doesn't even send out cards anymore, you just use the app and can email, fax, or show it to your provider.

Well, since it was moved to a different division or something under the same company umbrella, that stuff changed too. Maybe we could have called and got login info, but that also would have required a 5 hour phone call.

And yeah, I realize that we would have been covered ultimately, but doctors didn’t really want to schedule appointments for us without our new insurance info. Perhaps we could have forced the issue, but again, the entire thing could have been avoided if they just sent the new cards weeks earlier.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Dreading the refills I have to get with my two new cards. BTW, I'm the one everyone comes to with questions about healthcare.

My neck is always stiff. When driving its hard to turn around when backing up or merge into traffic. What should I do. I'll hang up and listen

Edited by cosjobs
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

My neck is always stiff. When driving its hard to turn around when backing up or merge into traffic. What should I do. I'll hang up and listen

Just keep going straight ahead forward.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

My neck is always stiff. When driving its hard to turn around when backing up or merge into traffic. What should I do. I'll hang up and listen

How tf would I know? The way the northern end of Pond Springs merges into the 183 access road, I have to grab the steering wheel and wrench my ### around in the seat :bag:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cosjobs said:

My neck is always stiff. When driving its hard to turn around when backing up or merge into traffic. What should I do. I'll hang up and listen

Try a new pillow that supports your head/neck more.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...