Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

Water pressure disappeared at lunch today. Came back later, but just before 5PM we got an email explaining that the plumbers would be back tomorrow with a needed piece and we would have hot water then. Getting really tired of The Favelas on Cahill.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

Car got hit in a restaurant parking lot last night while i was having dinner.  No note.   Restaurant has a camera but they never set it up.

Should be uninsured motorist with no fault to me and no rate hike, only the person opening the claim is telling me it's collision.  I explained Washington law on insurance bad faith, and now I'm waiting to talk to a supervisor.   Fun.

• Sad 2

cousin of mine is moving to the Washington wilderness

the ag industry

what a time to be alive 

Edited by mr. furley
4 hours ago, mr. furley said:

the ag industry

what a time to be alive 

Whereabouts is this wilderness?

3 hours ago, the rover said:
8 hours ago, mr. furley said:

the ag industry

what a time to be alive 

Whereabouts is this wilderness?

I'm going with Foggy Bottom.

We ordered Thai Food takeout last night.  Only place open at 9:30pm was this joint we'd never tried, so we threw caution to the wind and ordered.  

I went with pineapple fried rice with chicken.  Got home and to my great delight, there were raisins in this dish.  WHAT A TREAT!  I felt like a Prussian King.  

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 4
17 hours ago, mr. furley said:

a lake somewhere named after an animal

Ag side of Washington is typically Eastern Washington and a more hellish landscape with a dearth of civilization I have never encountered.  If this is Moses Lake, god help him.  There's a bizarre cult that doesn't use automobiles and for some reason it's also the training ground for Asian airline pilots, so you have large airliners hovering overhead.  

And that's probably the best the aggie east side has to offer.  Unless he's going to Walla Walla to open a winery, in which case, have him holler.   

• Thanks 1

hey brohans i just wanted to check in here say hi to you all and let you know that my water pressure has been pretty fantastic up here in brewaukee take that to the bank brochachos 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 1
On 3/10/2021 at 3:22 PM, SWC said:

hey brohans i just wanted to check in here say hi to you all and let you know that my water pressure has been pretty fantastic up here in brewaukee take that to the bank brochachos 

If someone hadn't gotten a certain alias banned I'd have posted

I'm getting wet just thinking about it

• Sad 1
On 3/9/2021 at 5:22 PM, mr. furley said:

a lake somewhere named after an animal

I know of a place called deer lake.  There is also apparently a Buffalo lake, but it’s somewhere I’ve never heard of.

19 minutes ago, the rover said:

I know of a place called deer lake.  There is also apparently a Buffalo lake, but it’s somewhere I’ve never heard of.

was wrong about the animal part. it's a biblical lake.

2 hours ago, kevzilla said:

Now in Sun City, about to sit down for jambalaya and cornbread for the first time in 364 days. 

Why are you in Arizona?

26 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Why are you in Arizona?

Well, not the original Sun City. But it's lovely, and the convenience store in the middle of it has quite the wine selection.

Edited by kevzilla
Don't judge me
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Speaking of....I'm sitting on my sofa eating cheetos.

Also my birthday.

Happy Birthday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

guys, i'm starting to think that the people of Bakersfield may not be our best & brightest

#1 Fan of Ken Jennings notwithstanding of course

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
6 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

guys, i'm starting to think that the people of Bakersfield may not be our best & brightest

starting?

• Like 2

Didn't feel like bumping the thread with sad news last week - HeckMom passed away last Saturday at age 94.  She had gone into home hospice earlier in the week and all of us kids were at the house visiting when she died.

Funeral was over the weekend.  Sad for me & siblings/grandkids/etc, but happy for her, as she's been ready almost ever since Dad died last March.

• Sad 12
1 hour ago, El Floppo said:

starting?

i don't know how new you are around here, but you might have already recognized that i am no mental gymnast myself.

• Like 1
Just now, mr. furley said:

i don't know how new you are around here, but you might have already recognized that i am no mental gymnast myself.

I'm just guessing you've never actually been to bakersfield. Those kinds of visits leave a mark.

• Laughing 1
14 hours ago, mr. furley said:

I read that Bakersfield has recently moved up to 299 on the list of 300 most livable cities.  Take that, East St. Louis!

• Like 2

Switching to Teams has sucked big time.

People just call instead of IM or email and I don't have a headset, so we're talking through my ####ty laptop that I keep telling them doesn't work, but the same 3 dummies keep calling. They spend more time trying to understand what is being said that I just send an email anyway.... Or call the gosh darn phone number listed in my info.....

/Work rant 

19 hours ago, heckmanm said:

Didn't feel like bumping the thread with sad news last week - HeckMom passed away last Saturday at age 94.  She had gone into home hospice earlier in the week and all of us kids were at the house visiting when she died.

Funeral was over the weekend.  Sad for me & siblings/grandkids/etc, but happy for her, as she's been ready almost ever since Dad died last March.

I'm sorry GB. I totally get the sad for you but happy for her thing. I'm glad you were able to be with her at the end like that. Rock on, Mrs heckman Mom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, belljr said:

Switching to Teams has sucked big time.

People just call instead of IM or email and I don't have a headset, so we're talking through my ####ty laptop that I keep telling them doesn't work, but the same 3 dummies keep calling. They spend more time trying to understand what is being said that I just send an email anyway.... Or call the gosh darn phone number listed in my info.....

/Work rant 

just use the Cortana email to book focus time all day and it will be on DND.

53 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

just use the Cortana email to book focus time all day and it will be on DND.

whats this now we still use outlook

Just now, belljr said:

whats this now we still use outlook

I get a daily email through outlook that suggests scheduling certain "focus time" as well as other things through some algo of Cortana snooping outlook.  When you schedule the "focus time" through the email, it blocks the time off on your outlook calendar and turns you Teams on Do Not Disturb.  So all calls and chats are silenced.  Lowers distractions.  Then you can just respond with a chat at your leisure later and avoid people always trying to video call when it is not necessary.

Biggest pet peeve of WFH is all the video calls/meetings that would otherwise just be an email or regular call or conference call.  Like, if it wouldn't otherwise have been in person, I don't need it to be video.  

• Like 2