Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

1 minute ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Have no idea that it's still as good - but as a grown-up now, I would strongly suggest you hit the Pine Club (they better still have the onion straw dammit).  Dark, leather booths, no reservations, horseshoe bar with great martinis, and crusty rare steaks ...love it.

I believe you.  Just need my stock trading career to take off so I can afford it...

• Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

Actual email from my manager: Wait, you're off next week? That's not on my calendar.

Actual response: Pretty sure the PTO wouldn't be on my timecard already if you didn't put it there.

:mellow:

• Laughing 3
5 hours ago, BigJohn said:

Ground Round on Sundays.  Noble Romans(The OG) pizza on Friday nights.

Do you remember the Brown Derby on Far Hills?

Remember the Brown Derby but don't think I ever went there.

Loved that Ground Round on Wilmington.  Also that Godfather's down the street.

• Like 1

Scoop there it is commercial -

Grandmother - Son - Granddaughter

Mom - Son & Daughter  or Son/Wife 

Mom - Dad - Daughter 

I haven't settled on the combo but I think its husband/wife - daughter     - 

Edited by belljr
  • Thinking 1
17 hours ago, Osaurus said:
17 hours ago, shuke said:

Red Lobster was my family's "fancy" place.  Friday's was the epitome of coolness.

We didn’t have Red Lobster. It was a knockoff called Seafood Shanty

i guess i grew up on the wrong side of the tracks we didnt even have a seafood shanty and our fancy place was called daves tuneup garage and salad bar it had pretty good breadsticks and they were probably fifty bucks less than anyone else for a set of all weather radials so it was all right take that to the bank brohans 

• Like 4
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
1 hour ago, belljr said:

Mom - Dad - Daughter 

Definitely husband/wife and daughter.  Wife and then husband start getting into the "old school" moves and the daughter is :rolleyes: :bag:and leaves the room in disbelief at how :nerd: her parents are 

• Like 2
On 3/25/2021 at 11:24 AM, El Floppo said:

HJs was our "fancy" place as HS students

I used to really look forward to HJs in high school, then I realized I can do a better job myself.  Now it's a little disappointing but it's nice not to have to do the cleanup. 

On 3/16/2021 at 3:54 PM, mr. furley said:

we use Teams and i love it.  sound quality is great through the laptop. much clearer than phone.

I like it too, but it needs an IM feature. One time I logged in and there was a "walkie-talkie" button, but it did nothing and disappeared shortly after.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:33 PM, DA RAIDERS said:

got my first shot.  eagerly awaiting the change in my dna!  hoping for a tail.  maybe endless teeth, like a shark?  wings?  or maybe full on x-men style mutation?   whatever happens, can't wait!

Got mine yesterday. I have a craving for pickles and mustard. Weird

• Like 2
On 3/22/2021 at 12:40 PM, General Malaise said:

Question:  I got a new phone - a Google Pixel 4.  It's......okay.  For some reason, I can't use FBGs message boards on it.  I can sometimes log in, but I try to post or change threads and I get timed out.  

Please advice, will answer yours.

I wish FBG had an app

On 3/26/2021 at 11:01 AM, heckmanm said:

Definitely husband/wife and daughter.  Wife and then husband start getting into the "old school" moves and the daughter is :rolleyes: :bag:and leaves the room in disbelief at how :nerd: her parents are 

Huh, I always thought Mom, daughter and daughter boyfriend

24 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

Huh, I always thought Mom, daughter and daughter boyfriend

See!!!!  The mom and her husband just don't fit my eye lol

• Thanks 1
On 3/26/2021 at 10:43 AM, belljr said:

Mom - Dad - Daughter 

Mom, Daughter, Boyfriend/Husband

47 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

You people are crazy - Mom, Dad and daughter.

:hifive: ...geezus guys,

I never thought about this being a real brain teaser.  

galaxy-brain, game theory stuff going on here.  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Mr.Pack said:

I like it too, but it needs an IM feature. One time I logged in and there was a "walkie-talkie" button, but it did nothing and disappeared shortly after.

Teams has IM. that's primarily how i communicate with people at work.

4 hours ago, belljr said:

Boyfriend of the daughter or mom baking?

Either he is significantly older than daughter, or significantly younger than Mom.  I may be changing my answer to Brother/Sister.

• Laughing 1

dad and mom are part of an improv comedy troupe

they were on the Dan Patrick show a few weeks back with the dudes from Tag Team

2 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

dad and mom are part of an improv comedy troupe

they were on the Dan Patrick show a few weeks back with the dudes from Tag Team

Don't get all factual and #### in this #####.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

Teams has IM. that's primarily how i communicate with people at work.

Are you talking about the Chat feature?

38 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

Are you talking about the Chat feature?

Pretty sure the Chat feature is the only thing available in Teams.  We have Cisco Jabber for chat.  Love it.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:50 AM, belljr said:

No arthur treachers fish n chips?

OMG, that place was the dreckiest of the dreck.  Recall the one in my hometown was squeezed in between a run down old body shop and, like, a padlock parts distributor.

2 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

There’s a difference between chat and IM?

Not really, unless your one of THOSE people...

Also, I'd like to invite Teams to go die in a fire.  Several fires, in fact. 

9 hours ago, BigJohn said:

Pretty sure the Chat feature is the only thing available in Teams.  We have Cisco Jabber for chat.  Love it.

You can share desktops and video call also

Edited by belljr
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, BigJohn said:

I’m really confused by this discussion about Teams - we use Teams and it has chat, audio and video calls.  

• Like 2
10 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

There’s a difference between chat and IM?

IM is sometimes called chat, just like a phone call or even a web conference can be called chat. 

But chat to me means a standing group chat that you might enter and leave and come back to. It's usually informal and often, but not always, unrecorded, so it's not good for assigning tasks and following up.  It is good for one to many conversations, like if i need help with something and don't know who is available or who would know the answer, i can post a message in chat and wait for one of the people monitoring the chat to respond. Similar to an email alias but without spamming people's inboxes unnecessarily. 

A war room chat is used for a specific problem solving or high risk event like if we are rolling out a new product or upgrading our software this weekend. People with problems pop in and people with answers are staffed to monitor the chat.  War room chats can be accompanied by a war room web conference or you might choose one or the other. 

Web conferences are when people share audio and video, and sometimes screen sharing. Usually people connect over the web but sometimes on the phone. Web conferences are great especially for people who like meetings and hate typing but I strongly prefer chat when everyone isn't going to be online at the same time. If you have a web conference and explain everything and have a big discussion about it then everyone there hears it... but anyone who's offline at the time is going to need to be updated later. If you do this stuff over chat, it's a hassle to do all that typing but anyone who checks in later can catch up on the discussion quickly and join in. 

The web conference is much better for things that need immediate attention and either don't need to be recorded or can be listened to later.  Usually someone gets stuck scribing the web conference or giving a detailed status later for people who didn't attend. 

If you say shoot me a text or ping me later I hate you. I hate myself sometimes because I've heard them so much it just slips out.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, belljr said:

You can share desktops and video call also

1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

I’m really confused by this discussion about Teams - we use Teams and it has chat, audio and video calls.  

Yes.  I'm familiar with all aspects of Teams.  I was only referring to IM/Chat features.

2 hours ago, bostonfred said:

IM is sometimes called chat, just like a phone call or even a web conference can be called chat. 

But chat to me means a standing group chat that you might enter and leave and come back to. It's usually informal and often, but not always, unrecorded, so it's not good for assigning tasks and following up.  It is good for one to many conversations, like if i need help with something and don't know who is available or who would know the answer, i can post a message in chat and wait for one of the people monitoring the chat to respond. Similar to an email alias but without spamming people's inboxes unnecessarily. 

A war room chat is used for a specific problem solving or high risk event like if we are rolling out a new product or upgrading our software this weekend. People with problems pop in and people with answers are staffed to monitor the chat.  War room chats can be accompanied by a war room web conference or you might choose one or the other. 

Web conferences are when people share audio and video, and sometimes screen sharing. Usually people connect over the web but sometimes on the phone. Web conferences are great especially for people who like meetings and hate typing but I strongly prefer chat when everyone isn't going to be online at the same time. If you have a web conference and explain everything and have a big discussion about it then everyone there hears it... but anyone who's offline at the time is going to need to be updated later. If you do this stuff over chat, it's a hassle to do all that typing but anyone who checks in later can catch up on the discussion quickly and join in. 

The web conference is much better for things that need immediate attention and either don't need to be recorded or can be listened to later.  Usually someone gets stuck scribing the web conference or giving a detailed status later for people who didn't attend. 

If you say shoot me a text or ping me later I hate you. I hate myself sometimes because I've heard them so much it just slips out.  

That’s a lot of words to say “no”.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, belljr said:

How so?

IM's pop up instantly, chat just flashes at the bottom like a missed call. If I'm working I want a message to pop up right away, same as if I'm sending a message I want answered asap