Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

**ALERT**

I just ate my first Wendy's.

Sitting on the can at the local outlet mall as I type 

What did you get? Spicy chicken sandwich used to be the best in the business but it's gone downhill. Burgers and fries both pretty decent. Baked potatoes aren't perfect but where else can you get a fast food baked potato?  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Officer Pete Malloy

    5008

  • General Malaise

    4491

  • El Floppo

    4251

  • kevzilla

    3113

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

**ALERT**

I just ate my first Wendy's.

Sitting on the can at the local outlet mall as I type 

An IM would have sufficed 

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bostonfred said:

What did you get? Spicy chicken sandwich used to be the best in the business but it's gone downhill. Burgers and fries both pretty decent. Baked potatoes aren't perfect but where else can you get a fast food baked potato?  

There’s a chain called McAlister’s (which is kind of like Panera) that has baked potatoes. Their locations are scattered across the US. They are pretty good. 

Edited by Osaurus
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bostonfred said:

What did you get? Spicy chicken sandwich used to be the best in the business but it's gone downhill. Burgers and fries both pretty decent. Baked potatoes aren't perfect but where else can you get a fast food baked potato?  

1-Potato-2 down?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bostonfred said:

What did you get? Spicy chicken sandwich used to be the best in the business but it's gone downhill. Burgers and fries both pretty decent. Baked potatoes aren't perfect but where else can you get a fast food baked potato?  

Some kind of new spicy chicken sandwich.

It wasn't bad, tbh. If in a tight spot near plumbing, I would get again.

The fries...looked right, tasted more like potatoes than McD, but just weren't very good. My wife loved her apple something salad. Would get again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Some kind of new spicy chicken sandwich.

It wasn't bad, tbh. If in a tight spot near plumbing, I would get again.

The fries...looked right, tasted more like potatoes than McD, but just weren't very good. My wife loved her apple something salad. Would get again.

I'm literally eating McDonald's fries right now. (My kid earns a reward once a week if he's good in school etc and he picked McDonald's.)  Ate some of his fries and they're as addictive as ever but they're never as good as i remember. Will probably try again in 6 months or so and be equally disappointed. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bostonfred said:

I'm literally eating McDonald's fries right now. (My kid earns a reward once a week if he's good in school etc and he picked McDonald's.)  Ate some of his fries and they're as addictive as ever but they're never as good as i remember. Will probably try again in 6 months or so and be equally disappointed. 

McDs...burgers, fries, chic nuggets- none of them taste like their namesakes, but they taste good regardless of title. So I never crave fries and then think of McD- it's more, hmmm, I'd like one those McD potato style things...or hamburger style sandwiches. But those potato things are pretty ####img good in a heavily salted msg addictive sprinkles kind of way. Also loved back when burger king challenged mcd to a french fries taste off...and lost badly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bostonfred said:

What did you get? Spicy chicken sandwich used to be the best in the business but it's gone downhill. Burgers and fries both pretty decent. Baked potatoes aren't perfect but where else can you get a fast food baked potato?  

Their Classic chicken sandwich they have now is as good as any fast food chicken sandwich imo

eta: I used to get a broccoli cheese baked potato there everytime instead of fries, they don’t have it anymore :(

Edited by Cowboysfan8
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, El Floppo said:

Also loved back when burger king challenged mcd to a french fries taste off...and lost badly.

In BK's defense, they also offer mediocre onion rings.

And Popeye's wins because their red beans and rice is better than any fries.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

In BK's defense, they also offer mediocre onion rings.

And Popeye's wins because their red beans and rice is better than any fries.

Are their biscuits made with dark matter or lead? The only time I’ve ever had one, it was beyond dense. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, El Floppo said:

**ALERT**

I just ate my first Wendy's.

Sitting on the can at the local outlet mall as I type 

Small frosty. With fries. Excellent. Only thing I’ll eat from Wendy’s 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Osaurus said:

Are their biscuits made with dark matter or lead? The only time I’ve ever had one, it was beyond dense. 

I think you might have caught them on a bad day. :lmao:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bostonfred said:

I'm literally eating McDonald's fries right now. (My kid earns a reward once a week if he's good in school etc and he picked McDonald's.)  Ate some of his fries and they're as addictive as ever but they're never as good as i remember. Will probably try again in 6 months or so and be equally disappointed. 

No more beef lard in the oil. 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

New Mexico’s Expert Wizard Amendment

“The expert wizard amendment was a proposed amendment by New Mexico state senator Duncan Scott, which would require psychologists and psychiatrists to dress up as wizards when they were in court proceedings providing expert testimony regarding a defendant's competency.[1] The amendment, proposed in 1995, passed New Mexico's Senate unanimously.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got told to screw myself by a 60 year old woman.  It brought me back to when I was 10 and I asked my grandma why her house smelled funny.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

New Mexico’s Expert Wizard Amendment

“The expert wizard amendment was a proposed amendment by New Mexico state senator Duncan Scott, which would require psychologists and psychiatrists to dress up as wizards when they were in court proceedings providing expert testimony regarding a defendant's competency.[1] The amendment, proposed in 1995, passed New Mexico's Senate unanimously.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury you shall not pass judgment on this innocent man because the defense will show that he could not have performed this crime if someone performed a petrificus totalus on them and then just wingardium leviosoed out of there. This is an open sesame and shut sesame case and these fabricated charges are a Shazam.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got hit with a fact finding letter last week and only to notice that my PUA claim was reversed. WTF. 

I gave them my last paystub, letter of dismissal and next job accepting email.  (I got sick, my boss reduced my hours before letting me go. )

I now owe the gov : 💰💰💰,  jfc what a country. 

Edited by wazoo11
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RC94 said:

I just got told to screw myself by a 60 year old woman.  It brought me back to when I was 10 and I asked my grandma why her house smelled funny.

so what made her say that to you?  :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

so what made her say that to you?  :D

I asked her to put on a mask while in the restaurant (takeout only so no eat-in).

Link to post
Share on other sites

My insurance lets me do free doctor visits by phone or video.   Got a refill of a prescription today in 2 minutes.  This is awesome. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Moderna #1 at 10:15 tomorrow morning. So close to invincibility. 

Got mine this morning too.   I keep thinking my shoulder is a little sore, but then I realize I got the shot in the other arm.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -fish- said:

My insurance lets me do free doctor visits by phone or video.   Got a refill of a prescription today in 2 minutes.  This is awesome. 

Free to you, I suspect the practice is getting a little from the insurance company, which still saves money compared to in-person visits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevzilla said:

Free to you, I suspect the practice is getting a little from the insurance company, which still saves money compared to in-person visits.

Well yeah, but no copay or anything, and if I go see my regular doc I always have to wait 45 minutes past the time of my appointment to get into a room, the another 15 waiting for him to show up.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

HFS the Tampa airport is packed this morning. So glad everything’s back to normal. @kevzilla, have you been to Cornish Pasty in the Arts District? We were thinking it would be a good place for dinner tonight. I’ll text you when we land. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Osaurus said:

HFS the Tampa airport is packed this morning. So glad everything’s back to normal. @kevzilla, have you been to Cornish Pasty in the Arts District? We were thinking it would be a good place for dinner tonight. I’ll text you when we land. 

feels like a dozen or so people i know (and their families) are either in Florida right now, just got back or are on their way in the very near future.

it's the wild west

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

feels like a dozen or so people i know (and their families) are either in Florida right now, just got back or are on their way in the very near future.

it's the wild west

That’s why I left. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been up for 25 hours, which is a strong effort for an old fart on his first night in Vegas. I'm down hundreds of dollars, of course,  but I'm having a ball and I've earned my faceplant. 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, kevzilla said:

By now, you know Vegas is not a substantial improvement. :loco:

Wait. We're saying people were too careless with masks in Florida so you went to Las Vegas?

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Wait. We're saying people were too careless with masks in Florida so you went to Las Vegas?

Well yeah, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. So if you get Covid in Vegas you just leave and, PRESTO!, no more Covid.

Also, everyone SCATTER! Joe is here!

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Joe Bryant said:

Wait. We're saying people were too careless with masks in Florida so you went to Las Vegas?

I was fully vaccinated in January. I'm basically The Hulk now. 

Five hours of sleep and I'm ready for the Strip. :bowtie:

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

I was fully vaccinated in January. I'm basically The Hulk now. 

Five hours of sleep and I'm ready for the Strip. :bowtie:

Enjoyed your twitter parade last night Kev.  Thoughts on Circa?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

Wait. We're saying people were too careless with masks in Florida so you went to Las Vegas?

kev and vegas have a relationship.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kevzilla said:

I've been up for 25 hours, which is a strong effort for an old fart on his first night in Vegas. I'm down hundreds of dollars, of course,  but I'm having a ball and I've earned my faceplant. 

Dinner was solid though, right?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, facook said:

Enjoyed your twitter parade last night Kev.  Thoughts on Circa?

It's a 5/8th scale Strip property. The prices are full Strip prices. Will wind up there later anyway. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kevzilla said:

A man's gotta know his limitations, so I left the ironing board for housekeeping to fold up :bag:

Update: the housekeeping that didn't show up yesterday didn't show up today, either. That ironing board is getting mauled now. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevzilla said:

So very, very drinks in the fancy club on the roof of the casino. Almost wish I belonged here. Lol.

It's a five minute walk from my house to the pub, but it's a 35 minute walk from the pub to my house.  The difference is staggering.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...