Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Officer Pete Malloy

    5008

  • General Malaise

    4491

  • El Floppo

    4251

  • kevzilla

    3114

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

2 hours ago, belljr said:

I need some perspective here and this seems like a good thread.  My wife isn't the only one that does this but obviously the most exposure.  I totally understand needing to plan for things but the amount of over thinking and scenarios, and what abouts for smaller stuff frustrates me.  I'm just wondering if I'm in the minority. I know this is just a difference in personality, I'm just curious

Example, family is coming at the end of May for my son's wedding. The Saturday of that weekend my daughter may or may not have practice for the playoffs.  There are no wedding activities Saturday.  So the question was raised why don't we do X Saturday.  I say if we don't have practice sure or maybe after practice.  Then I get how about Y or Z. Or if no practice we do ABC but if she has practice you go to Y and then we do Z.   

So basically I said why don't we just wait until we find out if they have it.  If she has practice it will be from 9-11 like the others.   We won't know until that week.

This is just the lastest example.   I'm all for needing to have a plan but it feels like wasted time and energy coming up with a bunch of scenarios for something we don't know yet.   This happens a lot.

I kind of always take a wait and see approach before deciding vs these are all our potential options, which is more common for you?

This sounds like me and my wife.  She needs backup plans for the backup plans whereas I like to see if the original plan is going to work before worrying about anything else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our society could greatly benefit if everyone put more focus and attention on just living in the present. Easier said than done I know, but still something to strive for.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, belljr said:

I need some perspective here and this seems like a good thread.  My wife isn't the only one that does this but obviously the most exposure.  I totally understand needing to plan for things but the amount of over thinking and scenarios, and what abouts for smaller stuff frustrates me.  I'm just wondering if I'm in the minority. I know this is just a difference in personality, I'm just curious

Example, family is coming at the end of May for my son's wedding. The Saturday of that weekend my daughter may or may not have practice for the playoffs.  There are no wedding activities Saturday.  So the question was raised why don't we do X Saturday.  I say if we don't have practice sure or maybe after practice.  Then I get how about Y or Z. Or if no practice we do ABC but if she has practice you go to Y and then we do Z.   

So basically I said why don't we just wait until we find out if they have it.  If she has practice it will be from 9-11 like the others.   We won't know until that week.

This is just the lastest example.   I'm all for needing to have a plan but it feels like wasted time and energy coming up with a bunch of scenarios for something we don't know yet.   This happens a lot.

I kind of always take a wait and see approach before deciding vs these are all our potential options, which is more common for you?

LMNOP

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mr. furley said:

yeah, i'm in this boat.

i've said to my wife in the past "if i make plans, then you tell me i'm controlling you. if i don't make plans, then you get upset that i'm not making plans because i know you can't." and her response is "yeah  :shrug: "

Perhaps you could keep something like this handy?

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I’ll eat these Ritz crackers in there and that’s it - then throw one over my neighbors house

 https://imgur.com/gallery/gXvjbnG

 

OOOOOHHHH.....LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!  i have nearly the entire line of ryobi cordless tools!!  same battery #####es!!

envious actually.  i only have a few.  would love them all.

also:  i will be in GA this weekend.  care to share some of those ritz?  i'll be driving from atlanta to rome, on saturday.  i sent you t-shirts and beer.  :notastalker:  that's why i know where you're at.  :oldunsure:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, urbanhack said:

LOOK AT ME I HAVE A CLEAN, WHITE GARAGE WHERE I CAN PROBABLY EAT OFF THE FLOOR

I mean, shuke can, too. It's just not clean. Or white.

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, urbanhack said:

GO WITH YOUR FIRST INSTINCT...IT'S USUALLY RIGHT

I think it's too late for him to not get married in the first place.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:

OOOOOHHHH.....LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!  i have nearly the entire line of ryobi cordless tools!!  same battery #####es!!

envious actually.  i only have a few.  would love them all.

also:  i will be in GA this weekend.  care to share some of those ritz?  i'll be driving from atlanta to rome, on saturday.  i sent you t-shirts and beer.  :notastalker:  that's why i know where you're at.  :oldunsure:

 

I would absolutely be down for grabbing some beer and crackers but I’m camping Thursday-Saturday.  PM if you could swing a Sunday cornhole.

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:

OOOOOHHHH.....LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!  i have nearly the entire line of ryobi cordless tools!!  same battery #####es!!

envious actually.  i only have a few.  would love them all.

also:  i will be in GA this weekend.  care to share some of those ritz?  i'll be driving from atlanta to rome, on saturday.  i sent you t-shirts and beer.  :notastalker:  that's why i know where you're at.  :oldunsure:

 

Oh, and I’ll lose my man card for this but the majority of those tools are my wife’s and my 19 year old sons.  He built that table in the pick and my wife does custom crafts.  I drink beer and watch and pay for supplies.

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I would absolutely be down for grabbing some beer and crackers but I’m camping Thursday-Saturday.  PM if you could swing a Sunday cornhole.

quite possible.  i fly out, in the evening, on sunday.  the wife will love it. :lmao: 

Edited by DA RAIDERS
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

quite possible.  i fly out, in the evening, on sunday.  the wife will love it. :lmao: 

What's the deal with flying into LA now?   I see a whole bunch of conflicting information about non-vaccinated people having to quarantine or have a negative test.   Roverkid is supposed to be looking at some colleges this week/weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -fish- said:

What's the deal with flying into LA now?   I see a whole bunch of conflicting information about non-vaccinated people having to quarantine or have a negative test.   Roverkid is supposed to be looking at some colleges this week/weekend.

Haven’t heard anyth8ng.  We last flew out of LAX in late Jan. No issues. I fly out of John Wayne, whenever possible.  I don’t think any testing requirements are in place. 

Eta:  kid is flying in and out of Long Beach. No requirements for her return. 

Eta more:  read the CA covid.gov site.  wishy washy as always.  for the unvaccinated, they are advising and recommmending people to test and or quarantine .  they are not requiring anything.  so dumb.  either make it mandatory.  or just stop with the CYA bs.  https://covid19.ca.gov/travel/

Edited by DA RAIDERS
Link to post
Share on other sites

Once upon a time, over ten years ago, this thread helped me through a lot is difficulties when my son was born. Now he is a completely happy and healthy kid. 
 

I know I’m not around anymore, but I’m coming back because my father in law is in the hospital with Covid and it is not good. He has been sick for two weeks, been in the hospital twice, and ever time it seems like he takes a step forward he takes two steps back. 
 

he was able to FaceTime us this morning, but we just learned he is now being intubated and placed on a ventilator. They had him call his wife to tell her he loved her because he is now basically in a coma with tubes doing everything. He is 50/50 to live or die. At best. 

if you were here for Bennett or not, throw some of those good vibes out. 

  • Love 13
  • Sad 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

Once upon a time, over ten years ago, this thread helped me through a lot is difficulties when my son was born. Now he is a completely happy and healthy kid. 
 

I know I’m not around anymore, but I’m coming back because my father in law is in the hospital with Covid and it is not good. He has been sick for two weeks, been in the hospital twice, and ever time it seems like he takes a step forward he takes two steps back. 
 

he was able to FaceTime us this morning, but we just learned he is now being intubated and placed on a ventilator. They had him call his wife to tell her he loved her because he is now basically in a coma with tubes doing everything. He is 50/50 to live or die. At best. 

if you were here for Bennett or not, throw some of those good vibes out. 

I usually leave everything to the regulars here, but best wishes sent your way from me. I was glad to see you had posted and came in to read your usual humor, but this is tough news. I am very sorry to hear it. I hope your father-in-law pulls through, Frostillicus. Best to you and your family. I'll ask for a watchful eye. Peace.

Edited by rockaction
Link to post
Share on other sites

So good to see Frosty.

So sad to hear Frosty-news. 

All the love to you, your family and especially your FIL (and wife). Profound wishes of health and recovery to you guys

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

Once upon a time, over ten years ago, this thread helped me through a lot is difficulties when my son was born. Now he is a completely happy and healthy kid. 
 

I know I’m not around anymore, but I’m coming back because my father in law is in the hospital with Covid and it is not good. He has been sick for two weeks, been in the hospital twice, and ever time it seems like he takes a step forward he takes two steps back. 
 

he was able to FaceTime us this morning, but we just learned he is now being intubated and placed on a ventilator. They had him call his wife to tell her he loved her because he is now basically in a coma with tubes doing everything. He is 50/50 to live or die. At best. 

if you were here for Bennett or not, throw some of those good vibes out. 

Not a lot of prayers people in here but I'm one of them and i said one for him and I'm sure others did too. Love to you and the family. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

Once upon a time, over ten years ago, this thread helped me through a lot is difficulties when my son was born. Now he is a completely happy and healthy kid. 
 

I know I’m not around anymore, but I’m coming back because my father in law is in the hospital with Covid and it is not good. He has been sick for two weeks, been in the hospital twice, and ever time it seems like he takes a step forward he takes two steps back. 
 

he was able to FaceTime us this morning, but we just learned he is now being intubated and placed on a ventilator. They had him call his wife to tell her he loved her because he is now basically in a coma with tubes doing everything. He is 50/50 to live or die. At best. 

if you were here for Bennett or not, throw some of those good vibes out. 

🙏

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bostonfred said:
9 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

Once upon a time, over ten years ago, this thread helped me through a lot is difficulties when my son was born. Now he is a completely happy and healthy kid. 
 

I know I’m not around anymore, but I’m coming back because my father in law is in the hospital with Covid and it is not good. He has been sick for two weeks, been in the hospital twice, and ever time it seems like he takes a step forward he takes two steps back. 
 

he was able to FaceTime us this morning, but we just learned he is now being intubated and placed on a ventilator. They had him call his wife to tell her he loved her because he is now basically in a coma with tubes doing everything. He is 50/50 to live or die. At best. 

if you were here for Bennett or not, throw some of those good vibes out. 

Expand  

Not a lot of prayers people in here but I'm one of them and i said one for him and I'm sure others did too. Love to you and the family. 

Same

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Frosty is an OG thread member. Had a few cornholes with him and we pushed an Asian lady's car out of a ditch (she may have been overserved). Regardless, he's good #### and his family doesn't deserve this type of pain. Good vibes coming from Katie, myself and the kids. I'm a phone call or text away if you need it, GB. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sure she wanted it out of the ditch?

Thoprawishes to FrostiFam. Pull through this, pops. Miss your presence here, gb.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

Once upon a time, over ten years ago, this thread helped me through a lot is difficulties when my son was born. Now he is a completely happy and healthy kid. 
 

I know I’m not around anymore, but I’m coming back because my father in law is in the hospital with Covid and it is not good. He has been sick for two weeks, been in the hospital twice, and ever time it seems like he takes a step forward he takes two steps back. 
 

he was able to FaceTime us this morning, but we just learned he is now being intubated and placed on a ventilator. They had him call his wife to tell her he loved her because he is now basically in a coma with tubes doing everything. He is 50/50 to live or die. At best. 

if you were here for Bennett or not, throw some of those good vibes out. 

Really sorry to hear Frosty. All the positive thoprawishes heading your way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Roverkid is in LA looking at colleges.  One of her best friends died of an overdose of Percocet yesterday.   He was a great kid and was at my house 3-4 days a week.  I don’t even know where to begin.  I’ve been crying about once an hour all day.  I can’t even imagine how she feels.
 

I don’t know his parents, but I don’t know how you deal with something like this.  

Edited by -fish-
  • Sad 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, -fish- said:

Roverkid is in LA looking at colleges.  One of her best friends died of an overdose of Percocet yesterday.   He was a great kid and was at my house 3-4 days a week.  I don’t even know where to begin.  I’ve been crying about once an hour all day.  I can’t even imagine how she feels.
 

I don’t know his parents, but I don’t know how you deal with something like this.  

Feels like a few years ago when we had nothing but bad news from all denizens of the thread for like 6 months straight. So sorry to hear this fish. I can't offer any words other than condolences and again, an ear or a shoulder if needed

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks all. I will keep you updated. Right now he is in a medical induced coma to allow his body to heal. The doctors have said at this point this will likely be a long term thing. He will likely require physical therapy due to loss of muscle and may be in a wheelchair for a while. This assumes he survives, which is far from a sure thing. My wife is out in Utah with her family now, which brings me no small measure of comfort. 

It is my daughter's 13th birthday tomorrow, so I am her with her and a couple of her friends sleeping over (parents are vaxxed and cautious type). This is less comfortable. They are loud and I have been kicked out of my living room. 

  • Love 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, strykerpks said:

Feels like a few years ago when we had nothing but bad news from all denizens of the thread for like 6 months straight. So sorry to hear this fish. I can't offer any words other than condolences and again, an ear or a shoulder if needed

I have been digging into things.  Roverkid no longer has a car.  I’m about to take her  phone.  I have clear evidence that she has been lying to me about where she’s been and she’s been doing.  Her mom does not believe me and roverkid blocked my phone.  She’s gonna be in for a surprise when she wakes up and figured out 

Edited by -fish-
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -fish- said:

I have been digging into things.  Roverkid no longer has a car.  I’m about to take her  phone.  I have clear evidence that she has been lying to me about where she’s been and she’s been doing.  Her mom does not believe me and roverkid blocked my phone.  She’s gonna be in for a surprise when she wakes up and figured out 

Oh man that sucks. Sounds like this is going to get really messy and difficult. Prayers for your family fish. I hope your daughter comes out of this thankful for your tough love and wisdom.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

Thanks all. I will keep you updated. Right now he is in a medical induced coma to allow his body to heal. The doctors have said at this point this will likely be a long term thing. He will likely require physical therapy due to loss of muscle and may be in a wheelchair for a while. This assumes he survives, which is far from a sure thing. My wife is out in Utah with her family now, which brings me no small measure of comfort. 

It is my daughter's 13th birthday tomorrow, so I am her with her and a couple of her friends sleeping over (parents are vaxxed and cautious type). This is less comfortable. They are loud and I have been kicked out of my living room. 

That’s extra rough. Gotta be tough on both your wife and daughter for your wife to need to be away on your daughter’s birthday like that. I’m sure your wife feels torn even though she’s obviously where she is more needed. Prayers for your family too Frosty.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -fish- said:

I have been digging into things.  Roverkid no longer has a car.  I’m about to take her  phone.  I have clear evidence that she has been lying to me about where she’s been and she’s been doing.  Her mom does not believe me and roverkid blocked my phone.  She’s gonna be in for a surprise when she wakes up and figured out 

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I went through this with my daughter in ninth grade.  
 

I can tell you are upset with her as she has betrayed your trust, but the most immediate concern is your daughters mental health and potential copycat behavior. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -fish- said:

I have been digging into things.  Roverkid no longer has a car.  I’m about to take her  phone.  I have clear evidence that she has been lying to me about where she’s been and she’s been doing.  Her mom does not believe me and roverkid blocked my phone.  She’s gonna be in for a surprise when she wakes up and figured out 

Hang in there. My only thought is just don't underestimate how valuable not breaking relationship is.

No matter how angry or upset people are or how volatile the situation becomes, if they can know you love them and you're for them, that keeps the lines open for communication.

Hang in there.

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, -fish- said:

I have been digging into things.  Roverkid no longer has a car.  I’m about to take her  phone.  I have clear evidence that she has been lying to me about where she’s been and she’s been doing.  Her mom does not believe me and roverkid blocked my phone.  She’s gonna be in for a surprise when she wakes up and figured out 

Part of being a successful grown up is learning to lie.

Part of being a good adult is learning the consequences of lying, especially to people who matter to you. 

This is a really difficult time to teach lessons but they are lessons that need to the taught because they are literally life and death and that is the thing that makes this so important just make sure she understands how much you are affected by this and how much you want to  are sure it never happens to her and how much you and her mom both love her and that you aren't mad you're scared. 

Edited by bostonfred
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Part of being a successful grown up is learning to lie.

Part of being a good adult is learning the consequences of lying, especially to people who matter to you. 

This is a really difficult time to teach lessons but they are lessons that need to the taught because they are literally life and death and that is the thing that makes this so important just make sure she understands how much you are affected by this and how much you want to  are sure it never happens to her and how much you and her mom both love her and that you aren't mad you're scared. 

So you want him to lie

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had come to Jesus meeting.  Kid isn’t happy but acknowledges changes must be made.  If this doesn’t work she will spend senior year in Hawaii with my brother.   

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, -fish- said:

Honestly, if this was me in high school I would have chosen Hawaii

Best of luck dude. And if you’re willing to share, I’d like to hear what happened. Text or call if you want. I want to learn as much as possible, as my daughter approaches that same age. 

Not tonight :D  just flew home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Best of luck dude. And if you’re willing to share, I’d like to hear what happened. Text or call if you want. I want to learn as much as possible, as my daughter approaches that same age. 

Not tonight :D  just flew home. 

This is me too.

I was feeling for you, Fish, ever since the first post. I'm sure you kept things purposely vague, so it was impossible for me to understand or get what happened. Was she lying about stuff involving her friend that ODd or was that terrible news unrelated to the lying?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, El Floppo said:

This is me too.

I was feeling for you, Fish, ever since the first post. I'm sure you kept things purposely vague, so it was impossible for me to understand or get what happened. Was she lying about stuff involving her friend that ODd or was that terrible news unrelated to the lying?

She was lying about lots of things, but some involving her friend groups’ use of drugs and alcohol.  

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s really hard fish.  Hang in there  

My daughter’s friends are really difficult to deal with. They are all in such a hurry to grow up.  constantly Acting the fool.  Pretending and real whoring it up. Social media is the f’ing WORST. 

My daughter is in Maui as we speak with her cousins. Her cousin’s best friend, just got in huge trouble for sneaking out and having sex. She’s 14 or 15. That friend has been grounded and cut off from everyone by her parents. It’s been really hard on my niece.  So my kid is acting as a distraction/therapy for her cousin. 

Both my daughter and my niece are on the more immature end.  Not naive, just happy to still be a kid. They’re not into the whore photo shoots for tik tok.  Not boy crazy. Etc. gonna keep it like that for as long as possible. 

You need anything, call. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

It’s really hard fish.  Hang in there  

My daughter’s friends are really difficult to deal with. They are all in such a hurry to grow up.  constantly Acting the fool.  Pretending and real whoring it up. Social media is the f’ing WORST. 

My daughter is in Maui as we speak with her cousins. Her cousin’s best friend, just got in huge trouble for sneaking out and having sex. She’s 14 or 15. That friend has been grounded and cut off from everyone by her parents. It’s been really hard on my niece.  So my kid is acting as a distraction/therapy for her cousin. 

Both my daughter and my niece are on the more immature end.  Not naive, just happy to still be a kid. They’re not into the whore photo shoots for tik tok.  Not boy crazy. Etc. gonna keep it like that for as long as possible. 

You need anything, call. 

Teenagers suck.   Plus my ex wife is an enabler who won't actually parent.  I lay the law down and she undermines me.  every. damn.  time.

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bostonfred said:

I don't get this?

I would imagine he's pretty mad. If my daughter were consistently lying to me, I'd be pissed. A little scared, too? In this situation, probably. But plenty mad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Woof, came in here to ##### about my obnoxious neighbor, but seems like a dream compared to some of the last page.

Hang in there, y'all.

(Also, "Oh, hai. Still not COVID'ed, still around, but haven't been feeling very social these past months.")

Edited by 5-ish Finkle
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...