What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (10 Viewers)

I need to get a colonoscopy.  It's scheduled for April 21st.  This is the first time for me.  I'm really not looking forward to the prep on the day before.  Do you guys recommend I take that day off from work?  I work from home so at least I don't need to be in an office.

Just WFH.  If you have to be on calls for 8 hours, then take the day off.

Glad to hear it's not as bad as I'm thinking it's going to be.  I'm definitely taking the day of off.  I already scheduled that.  I'd rather work the day before if I can because it will take my mind off of the cleansing process.

Yes. You'll be good. It's not bad. You just do have to be near a bathroom. 

At least working from home I'm near a bathroom and my system could use a cleaning anyway.  Thanks for everyone's advice.  It sounds like it won't be as bad as I was thinking.

At least working from home I'm near a bathroom and my system could use a cleaning anyway.  Thanks for everyone's advice.  It sounds like it won't be as bad as I was thinking.
and no need to push.   :lmao:   just let gravity do the work   :lmao:   pat, don't wipe.  baby wipes are your friend.  

pro tip:  when you think you're done, just chill out for a few minutes.  little candy crush, a good book.  whatever.  you will be right back where you're sitting in 15 minutes or less.  

and no need to push.   :lmao:   just let gravity do the work   :lmao:   pat, don't wipe.  baby wipes are your friend.  

pro tip:  when you think you're done, just chill out for a few minutes.  little candy crush, a good book.  whatever.  you will be right back where you're sitting in 15 minutes or less.  
last time I went through this, I just camped out on the can for a while during rush hour. I had been getting up and then rushing right back in... figured I'd just settle in and ride it out.

I need to get a colonoscopy.  It's scheduled for April 21st.  This is the first time for me.  I'm really not looking forward to the prep on the day before.  Do you guys recommend I take that day off from work?  I work from home so at least I don't need to be in an office.

IIRC, the prep usually starts later in the day in terms of the fountains of versailles. I got most of a full day in last time I did this....need to schedule one soon.

Nah, not the day before. The day OF, I wouldn't plan anything. 

I think I had my last one scheduled for 8 a.m. The um, "cleansing" didn't kick into high gear until about 7 or 8 hours before IIRC (maybe 5 or 6 hours after I started dosing). It's honestly not that bad. 

yeah... it's not bad at all. just about handling the fasting and then the purging.

It’s not too bad. 

Yes. You'll be good. It's not bad. You just do have to be near a bathroom. 

Apparently, if you're THIN, it's no big deal.   If you have...ummm....bigger "cheeks"....get some aloe wipes.  The chafing is not that fun.

White Castle breakfast sliders are underrated hangover food. I will die on that hill.

Or on the toilet. Could go either way. 
I usually go the preemptive route and get the 2 AM cheeseburgers but their breakfast is solid, especially the Hash Brown Nibblers

Also don’t sleep on the clam strips (not for breakfast though)

Gradma in the hospital for the second time in 2 weeks.....

First time was dehydration 

second time she fainted and low blood pressure

I mean she is almost 97 years old so not surprising but still tough.   She is super stubborn but very forgetful now.   She was in "great health" a couple years ago, pretty sharp and with it.   The last year its night and day. 

:(

Apparently I've been away from here so long that GM could have had another kid by now. 

Sorry about your dad, SWC. I'll write thoprawishes on a note and pass them to a teller for you

congrats to roverkid scorsese. At least parking is easier in NYC

Very sorry to hear about Lambskin dog. 

Am I the only one still hoping for pics of chewbacca and the floppos?

glllll to grandma bell

Am I the only one still hoping for pics of chewbacca and the floppos?

this is the only thing I've seen so far that has both of us (and chewbakka).

but it's a weird, muted video only linked through the Daily Mail... one of my least favorite sites. I can't even link the video directly... so you have to go the site, scroll down and click on the video... we're at 5:33. floppinha is the blonde with both arms. I'm the doof behind her for a split second.

eta: **ALERT***ALERT*** we're at 5:36.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stay safe, New Yorkers.   Roverkid's there right now, but she's in El Floppo's neck of the woods.   
I'm sure you've got friends for her here just in case... but with that guy still at large and now mobile in a truck- you have my number and we're close to NYU.

if she needs a spot to bunker down, PLEASE DON'T HESITATE to reach out.

I noticed the storm blew some shingles off a house while I was walking the dog.  The guy was grateful.  I wish I would have told him before the last storm though but kind of forgot. I didn't mention that to him.

this is the only thing I've seen so far that has both of us (and chewbakka).

but it's a weird, muted video only linked through the Daily Mail... one of my least favorite sites. I can't even link the video directly... so you have to go the site, scroll down and click on the video... we're at 5:33. floppinha is the blonde with both arms. I'm the doof behind her for a split second.

eta: **ALERT***ALERT*** we're at 5:36.

:lmao: at one of the picture captions

Guests on the Halcyon can interact with Han Solo's hairy sidekick Chewbacca (pictured second from the left) and meet new characters

Well, we got activity from a Bob…

I'll try to check in more often.

Let's see...

Cal graduates from HS in about 6 weeks which is crazy.   He'll have north of a 3.8 cumulative GPA which would have been over 4.0 with the college course he took but the nightmare that was freshman year hurt him.  He isn't ready to leave home, which is fine with us, so will be attending CC free of charge his first year.

Dylan just turned 15 and wrapping up his first year of HS.  These days I don't wish any time away but happy it's almost done.  He's had a hard time growing into himself but has been seeing a counselor for 4 months now which has helped.   It's not easy being funny, smart, strong, good looking almost 6'5 and the cherry on top is he has my gorgeous long blond hair. God I wish I was him with all of those attributes. Lucky jerk. :lmao:

Mrs. SLB is also returning to college to get her CNOR certification.  She currently has 3 jobs and starting another in a few weeks.   Covid has stressed out all of the hospitals in the area so they are paying RNs a crazy amount of money which is cool.

Happy Easter all!

Today is Sutab day.  It's 10am and I'm already hungry.  Knowing I can't eat any food today is making me only think of food.  It's going to be a long day.  Chicken broth, Sprite Zero, tea, lemonade, and water is what I have for today.

Today is Sutab day.  It's 10am and I'm already hungry.  Knowing I can't eat any food today is making me only think of food.  It's going to be a long day.  Chicken broth, Sprite Zero, tea, lemonade, and water is what I have for today.

I was trying to think if Sutab was some kind of Orthodox Easter or Lent or something... forgot about the whole "butt" thing.

Users who are viewing this thread