What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (7 Viewers)

So, it looks like I am, indeed, bound for the "Hellscape of Northern Nevada", as some of you so eloquently named it. :) Official offer received this morning….and it's probably too much scratch/peripherals for me to turn down(plus it should be a pretty clear step forward with the career with a company that appears to "get it").

Nervous about the move, but a little excited too on some level. This part of the country has really stagnated. Won't be missing it.
Enjoy!
That woman is large
Totally shocked it only took one hit to drop that yeti.

Wait...that's woman you say? *boggle*

So, it looks like I am, indeed, bound for the "Hellscape of Northern Nevada", as some of you so eloquently named it. :) Official offer received this morning….and it's probably too much scratch/peripherals for me to turn down(plus it should be a pretty clear step forward with the career with a company that appears to "get it").

Nervous about the move, but a little excited too on some level. This part of the country has really stagnated. Won't be missing it.
In honor of your departure

Don't get hooked on meth in Reno and good luck!
I'll not miss you most of all, Florida Man!

Semi-related: What's the mother@#$ingest, but least likely to get legal action taken against someone, thing to do to a feminine hygiene product neighbor you'll never see again? Asking for a friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got to go out on the field last night at Busch Stadium and my GB got to throw out the first pitch. (See FB) I wore Purrito because it was such a special event. I was on the Jumbotron (do they even even use that term anymore?) and there were lots of the Card's staff on the field laughing and taking pics. Not to mention people in the stands.... :mellow: :bag:

I got to go out on the field last night at Busch Stadium and my GB got to throw out the first pitch. (See FB) I wore Purrito because it was such a special event. I was on the Jumbotron (do they even even use that term anymore?) and there were lots of the Card's staff on the field laughing and taking pics. Not to mention people in the stands.... :mellow: :bag:
Rules

Rules
This was my first out of the office event with new job and I was with a female coworker. I'm fairly certain she thinks I'm completely out of my mind insane.

Rules
This was my first out of the office event with new job and I was with a female coworker. I'm fairly certain she thinks I'm completely out of my mind insane.
So she has gotten to know you pretty well already...

Rules
She's probably thinking you're crazy so you must be good in the sack.

Anyone have a jeep grand Cherokee? I'm leaning that direction for my next vehicle after driving a ford escape for the last few years.

Notorious T.R.E. said:
bostonfred said:
Anyone have a jeep grand Cherokee? I'm leaning that direction for my next vehicle after driving a ford escape for the last few years.
My moms got one last year.
So, if someone tells you "That's not what your mom said last night!!" which one do you imagine they're talking about?
I hope you get eaten by a rattlesnake.

Multimedia Artist/Animator: 1.5%

I won't invite R2 to suck anything(no idea where he's been), but he IS welcome to cram it with walnuts.

(Of course, it just occurred to me that the 1.5% thing just means a cyborg won't take my job. Doesn't say anything about the Chinese....now I'm depressed).

5-ish Finkle said:
RedmondLonghorn said:
5-ish Finkle said:
So, it looks like I am, indeed, bound for the "Hellscape of Northern Nevada", as some of you so eloquently named it. :) Official offer received this morning.and it's probably too much scratch/peripherals for me to turn down(plus it should be a pretty clear step forward with the career with a company that appears to "get it").

In honor of your departure

Don't get hooked on meth in Reno and good luck!
I'll not miss you most of all, Florida Man!

Semi-related: What's the mother@#$ingest, but least likely to get legal action taken against someone, thing to do to a feminine hygiene product neighbor you'll never see again? Asking for a friend.
If the neighbor is the prize he sounds like, selling your house to a black family should work.

bostonfred said:
I've been looking at edges. You like the gc better?

Officer Pete Malloy said:
I'm doing summer school this year. There are kids from 3rd through 7th grade. Because there are younger kids the powers that be usually insist there is theme for summer school. We've done an Olympic theme before where each class is assigned an Olympic country. We've also done one where each class is given the name of a university mascot (I think I was Gators).

It's pretty lame.

This year it is women's World Cup soccer. We were given a list of participating nations to choose from at a meeting today.

I chose Ivory Coast.

But I'm going to insist we be called Côte d'Ivoire. And I will correct anybody who says "Ivory Coast". I will do this as often as possible.
Plorfu said:
Officer Pete Malloy said:
I'm doing summer school this year. There are kids from 3rd through 7th grade. Because there are younger kids the powers that be usually insist there is theme for summer school. We've done an Olympic theme before where each class is assigned an Olympic country. We've also done one where each class is given the name of a university mascot (I think I was Gators).

It's pretty lame.

This year it is women's World Cup soccer. We were given a list of participating nations to choose from at a meeting today.

I chose Ivory Coast.

But I'm going to insist we be called Côte d'Ivoire. And I will correct anybody who says "Ivory Coast". I will do this as often as possible.
Use Ireland's flag for everything and see if anyone notices.
:lmao:

Guster said:
Abraham said:
Not challenging your man hood, just your taste in cars. ;)

Wife is good. Oldest graduated from Pre K today. It goes too fast.
The Mini was a matter of necessity.... I totalled my A4 and needed a car within 7 days. It was the right price/right time

Tell the wife I said hi, congrats on the oldest getting into Kindergarten. My kid is done with 3rd grade on Thursday.... FML
:lmao:

for anyone with direct tv. this is a must. it was impossibly easy. total time on the phone, less than 30 minutes. they called me back in less than 24 hours. the standard monthly discount is $43

Read the script below.

Call 1-800-531-5000
Get to retentions department
Confirm you are in retentions department
Don't bother with their offers and simply request a cancellation 2 weeks out
Confirm cancellation date
Wait to receive "We want you back", "Let us make it right", "blah blah" call or email with special 877-250-4624 number and NEWDEAL1 or NEWDEAL2 code
If you receive that email, great. Go ahead and call in as soon as you receive it.
If you DO NOT receive the email in a few days, call the 877-250-4624 number anyway and tell them you received the email
You may get turned down for "not being in their system" yet
If that is the case, ask if they can get you added to the system
No matter what they say, call back in 48 hours or so and try again
You may still have to haggle with them a bit to get everything listed in this thread ($200 GC, 12 month discounts on package, free 2015 Sunday Ticket Max, 3 months of premium movie channels, all requiring a 12 month commitment (24 months if you elect to receive new equipment)), but they also may just lay it all out there for you from the start
If all else fails, you can always call the 1-800-531-5000 number back before the date you set and have the cancellation removed and try the whole process again later

for anyone with direct tv. this is a must. it was impossibly easy. total time on the phone, less than 30 minutes. they called me back in less than 24 hours. the standard monthly discount is $43

Read the script below.

Call 1-800-531-5000

Wait to receive "We want you back", "Let us make it right", "blah blah" call or email with special 877-250-4624 number and NEWDEAL1 or NEWDEAL2 code

If you receive that email, great. Go ahead and call in as soon as you receive it.

If you DO NOT receive the email in a few days, call the 877-250-4624 number anyway and tell them you received the email

You may still have to haggle with them a bit to get everything listed in this thread ($200 GC, 12 month discounts on package, free 2015 Sunday Ticket Max, 3 months of premium movie channels, all requiring a 12 month commitment (24 months if you elect to receive new equipment)), but they also may just lay it all out there for you from the start

If all else fails, you can always call the 1-800-531-5000 number back before the date you set and have the cancellation removed and try the whole process again later
My contract is up in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to make this call.

Just to be clear, my interest was mostly piqued by the lack of a phone number.
I also like the one that said:

You're having: There is absolutely no way of telling.

Read the script below.

Call 1-800-531-5000

Special ends today, supposedly. My contract is up in July. Lots of people claiming to get it despite longer contracts than ours remaining. They don't charge you the cancellation fee until after the cancel date, if you let it lapse. I'm trying to sneak it in under the wire. We'll see if it works. I'll try calling them later this afternoon.

The woman I talked to initially claimed to be named Destiney. I took it as a sign to attempt to advance our relationship quickly. She was unwilling to immediately give me what I wanted, however.

Read the script below.

Call 1-800-531-5000

Special ends today, supposedly. My contract is up in July. Lots of people claiming to get it despite longer contracts than ours remaining. They don't charge you the cancellation fee until after the cancel date, if you let it lapse. I'm trying to sneak it in under the wire. We'll see if it works. I'll try calling them later this afternoon.

The woman I talked to initially claimed to be named Destiney. I took it as a sign to attempt to advance our relationship quickly. She was unwilling to immediately give me what I wanted, however.
I had Alexandria. No one can take that phone call away from us. :wub:

Edit: Well they did record it so I guess they can

Users who are viewing this thread