What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (17 Viewers)

i've driven most of those roads.

tuscon to san antonio might be the worst. west texas is awful. ok, ne, east colorado, all wasteland. i remember the first time i went to denver, i was so disappointed that it was a, flat as a pancake, prairie town. i had always envisioned it as this cool mountain town that turned into a city. omaha has more rolling hills than denver

Last edited by a moderator:

tuscon to san antonio might be the worst.
Whoa. First off, wtf were you thinking. 2nd, I agree, nothing could be worse than that drive.
i was in a wedding of a good friend of mine. he sold us on the idea of a road trip from LA to houston. :mellow: he was quite the salesman. we made it as fun as we could, but the driving part......beyond awful. however, strippers in houston, in 1990, were fascinated by my really long hair. the one and only time i pulled one out of the club on the same night as being a patron. :pickle:

Whoa. First off, wtf were you thinking. 2nd, I agree, nothing could be worse than that drive.
i was in a wedding of a good friend of mine. he sold us on the idea of a road trip from LA to houston. :mellow: he was quite the salesman. we made it as fun as we could, but the driving part......beyond awful. however, strippers in houston, in 1990, were fascinated by my really long hair. the one and only time i pulled one out of the club on the same night as being a patron. :pickle:
How about we do this one Frosty style. Thanks.

:goodposting:

With a soaking?

I think I'm gonna pour a big-### time vodka lemonade and take my boys for a walk to the park.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you go to the Corn Palace? In one of the Dakotas, IIRC.

Fantastic write up, btw. We're going to ocean city, md in a couple weeks for a similar but far less interesting trip. Wild horses at Assateaque and wild crankheads at OC.
No, but we drove passed the city where it is twice (Mitchell, SD). But we were like corn reminds me too much of Iowa so #### all that.

Isn't Yellowstone in Wyoming? Seemed pretty awesome to me.
I'm sure Yellowstone and whatever else that is nice is nice. The parts I saw were both horrible and creepy. GM mentioned being in Wyoming is like being in a Stephen King novel, and that's dead on. Especially driving at night on some "highway" where you see another car maybe once every half hour. Also they should get bridges and roads that can handle a little rain.

General Malaise said:
That's true. Grand Tetons, Jackson, prairie dogs, Brokeback. Some quality stuff no other state has. But I-80 cutting left to right or right to left is teh utmost suck. Spent a night in Kemmerer, WY once. Felt like I was being live blogged in a Stephen King novel.
omg I drove through Kemmerer!

Aaron Rudnicki said:
General Malaise said:
That's true. Grand Tetons, Jackson, prairie dogs, Brokeback. Some quality stuff no other state has. But I-80 cutting left to right or right to left is teh utmost suck. Spent a night in Kemmerer, WY once. Felt like I was being live blogged in a Stephen King novel.
not sure there's a more awful, boring state to drive through than South Dakota or Nebraska.
Nebraska is pretty terrible, but I enjoyed the drive through South Dakota. Really picturesque, especially in the Black Hills.

Anybody else drankin?
I had a few beers but I have to work tomorrow

#nosummeroff
Last day of summer school tomorrow AKA movie day. I'm showing some Canadian thing about a blind kid who wants to run cross country but he keeps running into trees and ####. So he hires a re tarded kid (or maybe he's homeless or Jewish...I actually haven't seen it) to run with him so he doesn't run into trees and ####.

Gf went out to dinner with her sister so I piled the boys in the radio flyer and took them to the park while enjoying a nice large beverage.

Users who are viewing this thread