What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (20 Viewers)

Took the wife and kid to a double feature at the drive-in theater. Fun time. $28 for 2 adults and a kid for 2 movies was an excellent deal. $17 for 3 drinks, a funnel cake and a churro, not so much.

Have to say that Inside Out was pretty good. Much deeper story than even most Pixar movies.
The key to drive-ins:

- bring your own beer/wine/liquor/etc.

- dollar store candy variety

- pop your own popcorn and put it in a big bag

- ignore the inviting intermission hot dog bun spreading wide open for the dancing wiener and begging him to hop in and don't go to the concession stand*

*though I have a warm spot for the drive-in cheeseburgers in the foil bag (same bags as A&W Root Beer stand burgers)

Took the wife and kid to a double feature at the drive-in theater. Fun time. $28 for 2 adults and a kid for 2 movies was an excellent deal. $17 for 3 drinks, a funnel cake and a churro, not so much.

Have to say that Inside Out was pretty good. Much deeper story than even most Pixar movies.
The key to drive-ins:

- ignore the inviting intermission hot dog bun spreading wide open for the dancing wiener and begging him to hop in and don't go to the concession stand*

*though I have a warm spot for the drive-in cheeseburgers in the foil bag (same bags as A&W Root Beer stand burgers)
This drive-in actually searches your car for outside food on your way in. Only way they can stay in business is through their concession stand.

The key to drive-ins:

This drive-in actually searches your car for outside food on your way in. Only way they can stay in business is through their concession stand.
Wow! maybe just candy and hard liquor in your wife's large purse ...or maybe a bladder inside your windshield wiper fluid reservoir?

How strong are your kids stomachs? And how is the place on cavity searches?

The key to drive-ins:

There's a local ice arena that puts on a drive in in the summer. Good value...they don't care about outside food, but it's no booze. I probably could get away with something inconspicuous but don't really like getting liquored up and driving the kids around

The biggest drawback is the movie usually doesn't start until 9:30 so the kids have a hard time staying up for it and can pretty much forget about the 2nd feature

The key to drive-ins:

There's a local ice arena that puts on a drive in in the summer. Good value...they don't care about outside food, but it's no booze. I probably could get away with something inconspicuous but don't really like getting liquored up and driving the kids around

The biggest drawback is the movie usually doesn't start until 9:30 so the kids have a hard time staying up for it and can pretty much forget about the 2nd feature
Put them in PJs - bring sleeping bags and pillows. Its a GD camp out!!! They love it!!

I have a real weekend off this weekend for the first time in a long time. Cut the grass, cleaned the house, and just sat around a bit. Poured a big glass of Buffalo trace and decided to watch some of the dozens of hours of schlock I've been neglecting on my DVR.

Turned on DVR and heard a pop.

DVR is dead.

:(

I have a real weekend off this weekend for the first time in a long time. Cut the grass, cleaned the house, and just sat around a bit. Poured a big glass of Buffalo trace and decided to watch some of the dozens of hours of schlock I've been neglecting on my DVR.

Turned on DVR and heard a pop.

DVR is dead.

:(
wah wah

So I watched 10-15 mins of that Netflix daredevil show. Just awful.
My wife wanted to watch some new Netflix series with Jane Fonda married to Martin Sheen and Lily Tomlin who is married to Sam Waterston, the couples have been best friends for 20 years.. First episode has Martin Sheen and Waterston coming out as gay lovers.

Horrible

My wife wanted to watch some new Netflix series with Jane Fonda married to Martin Sheen and Lily Tomlin who is married to Sam Waterston, the couples have been best friends for 20 years.. First episode has Martin Sheen and Waterston coming out as gay lovers.Horrible
That one is a huge hit with my gay friends and women friends. Haven't brought myself to watching it yet.

My wife wanted to watch some new Netflix series with Jane Fonda married to Martin Sheen and Lily Tomlin who is married to Sam Waterston, the couples have been best friends for 20 years.. First episode has Martin Sheen and Waterston coming out as gay lovers.Horrible
That one is a huge hit with my gay friends and women friends. Haven't brought myself to watching it yet.
I haven't seen this and have no desire to do so, but I imagine it would be a lot better if they were playing jack McCoy and Jed Bartlett. I might watch it then.

Went for a 7 mile run this morning at Town Lake (so much bottom) and just killed off a bottle of champagne with mimosas. Nice little Fathers Day.

GL Abe.

Went for a 7 mile run this morning at Town Lake (so much bottom) and just killed off a bottle of champagne with mimosas. Nice little Fathers Day.

GL Abe.
Thanks. We are out now. In fact I am at Wal mart buying steaks and stuff to grill later. Oh wait, it's still raining here because of course it is . ####

Last edited by a moderator:

GL Abe.
Thanks. We are out now. In fact I am at Wal mart buying steaks and stuff to grill later. Oh wait, it's still raining here because of course it is . ####
:thumbup:

Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Also, I think we are ready to make a bigger play on the business side soon. I will be in touch.

Watching Jurassic Park with the boys. They've never seen it. It's kinda funny how much of this stuff blew my mind at 19 that doesn't even register with them at 6 and 4 because it's so common.

Slept in, had bacon waiting for me when I got up. Ribeye for lunch. Kids swimming in our little pool. Their first tee ball game of the year later, then dinner at a mexican joint with my dad. I like Father's Day.
Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10127] You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I woke up at 7:30 to let dog out but went back to bed because wife wasn't up to wait on me

Woke up around 9 and had coffee and muffins then wife made me homemade eggs Benedict

Started drinking around 1...dad and bro coming by soon gonna grill some burgers and drink more

P.s. We have pretzel buns

bentley said:
Abraham said:
bentley said:

GL Abe.
:thumbup: Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Also, I think we are ready to make a bigger play on the business side soon. I will be in touch.
Thanks. I actually don't handle your account anymore since January. I need to intro you to the guy who does. He's a good egg. Also I may not be there much longer.

Kid is asleep on my chest and I'm watching the U.S. Open. It could be worse. :)

bentley said:
Abraham said:
bentley said:

GL Abe.
:thumbup: Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Thanks. I actually don't handle your account anymore since January. I need to intro you to the guy who does. He's a good egg. Also I may not be there much longer.

Kid is asleep on my chest and I'm watching the U.S. Open. It could be worse. :)
Damn, hang in there GB. :(

It rained 6 straight days in a row then stopped yesterday. Don't worry, it's raining again. Oh and it's supposed rain Tuesday through Saturday. I don't know how people can put up with constant rain. Makes me stabby.

Question about "need for speed." I really like this movie but don't understand, if it was so awesome that Toby made it across the country to the Bay Area going 140mph then how were the two guys in the fuel truck only an hour behind him? Doesn't seem realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread