Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

Pineda and Bauer got shelled ruining my fantasy week before 8PM on Monday

Electricity's been out for 2+ hours and comed has estimated 6PM for when it will be back up.

About the only thing that could cheer me up now is MOP asking me how I'm able to post if I have no electricity.

You in south burbs?
  • Replies 87k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Posted Images

Electricity's been out for 2+ hours and comed has estimated 6PM for when it will be back up.

About the only thing that could cheer me up now is MOP asking me how I'm able to post if I have no electricity.

You in south burbs?

Yep. If lightning didn't hit the house tonight, it was really damn close. Adding insult to injury, everyone across the street has lights and all I can do is look out my window and envy them almost as much as I envy -fish-

This night shift is kicking my butt. It has my internal clock totally messed up. Basically I'm just always tired. Getting a ton of experience in a short amount of time and a decent paycheck though. But a I feel like all I do is eat, sleep and work. Barely see my family right now.

I've endured 2 overnight stints in my life. Last one was for 6 years. It's a rough life.

You in south burbs?

Yep. If lightning didn't hit the house tonight, it was really damn close. Adding insult to injury, everyone across the street has lights and all I can do is look out my window and envy them almost as much as I envy -fish-

Scary. There was a tornado tonight that crossed 55.

Saw that. Remember when that happened around '89 and driving past where it went through around rte 59. Whole grass median was shredded down to the dirt for about 1/2 a mile.

Friend's sister died when that one hit St Mary Immaculate in Plainfield

Hi happy people!

There's no happy people here. Just people having their nuts stolen, people drowning in children, people stuck coaching Tball, people with gout and Tanner. All the happy people fled.

ahem

Yeah, I get a few pictures of perfectly skinned, bi-curious hot girls who want your gills and you start getting some mentions by me in this knock-off GMTAN thread.

pretty sure I lost your number. pm it to me.

Had a bit of a break through with my taciturn daughter the other day and, as a result, ended up having a very pleasant weekend and Father's Day. That's the good news.

The bad news is the true scope of just how much my ex-wife is ####### up my kids is becoming clearer every day. When she isn't intentionally undermining things over here, she is passing on her victim mentality to them as an all-purpose coping mechanism.

Neat.

But things are better for the time being and now they are actually talking to us in a fairly meaningful way. I am sure the problems aren't gone for good, but I admit I am fully enjoying this respite.

Oh, and Page 2 save.

sick all father's day weekend, and then threw my back out. still sick and still barely mobile from the back.

but I still want to know about fish's weekend. :popcorn:

I'm only a raconteur part time. I'm also a single dad. Spent the weekend at a father/daughter camp Friday-Sunday. Horseback riding, bb guns, archery, tomahawks---it was like training her for the hunger games.

Next weekend will be kid-free. Date on Friday night with a new chick, 25 (way more age-appropriate now) year old coming down for boating Saturday, then Sunday with the one with nice skin.

sick all father's day weekend, and then threw my back out. still sick and still barely mobile from the back.

I'm only a raconteur part time. I'm also a single dad. Spent the weekend at a father/daughter camp Friday-Sunday. Horseback riding, bb guns, archery, tomahawks---it was like training her for the hunger games.

Next weekend will be kid-free. Date on Friday night with a new chick, 25 (way more age-appropriate now) year old coming down for boating Saturday, then Sunday with the one with nice skin.

Where do you find a father daughter camp? That sounds great. Is it affiliated with some lunatic outfit like the Scouts or god?

Had a bit of a break through with my taciturn daughter the other day and, as a result, ended up having a very pleasant weekend and Father's Day. That's the good news.

The bad news is the true scope of just how much my ex-wife is ####### up my kids is becoming clearer every day. When she isn't intentionally undermining things over here, she is passing on her victim mentality to them as an all-purpose coping mechanism.

Neat.

But things are better for the time being and now they are actually talking to us in a fairly meaningful way. I am sure the problems aren't gone for good, but I admit I am fully enjoying this respite.

Oh, and Page 2 save.

Victim? Didn't she do more to ruin your marriage? What a dope. Happy you've moved on because your current lass seems pretty awesome.

Neat.

Oh, and Page 2 save.

Victim? Didn't she do more to ruin your marriage? What a dope. Happy you've moved on because your current lass seems pretty awesome.

Nothing is ever her fault. Ever.

And yeah, I hit the jackpot the second time around. Just following in your footsteps, I guess (except that I got a vasectomy).

Where do you find a father daughter camp? That sounds great. Is it affiliated with some lunatic outfit like the Scouts or god?

I would love to do a father/son camp with my ne'erdowell kid.

That Vegas trip I was planning for September 17-22? Yeah, not so much. Just learned I'm part of a "blackout" that stretches from 9/7 to 10/31. But hey, I'm welcome to stay late tonight to work on a project!

:mellow:

Wow. My blackouts never last that long.

• Like 4

Rode my bike to work today which is not really accurate as I ride the bike to a train that takes me most of the way to my office and I'll bike the whole way home this afternoon. But this train...this train is full of Portland weirdness.

There are a few areas for bikes on this train and usually only a handful of bikers on the 7:58am train, so I never have a problem getting a spot for my ride. I usually hook it in, grab a seat, open my novel and enjoy the morning commute with my fellow passengers. From time to time I'll glance up from my book and check out the fine folks as there is never a shortage of comedic material.

This morning, as the train was moments from departing, another biker raced into the train. He was wearing a neon green vest, had laced gloves, had more lights than a Christmas Tree in Time Square and rode in on one of those fold up bikes. If you haven't seen one, think Inspector Gadget pulling a bike out of his coat. They look goofy, but it fit this goofyassss mofo to a T.

He settles in as the train pulls away and decides to stand up next to his bike rather than take a seat. He is staring at my bike, which is nothing fancy. Staring at it like Homer would jailbait run-away in cutoffs and a tank top. Dude pulls out a pad of paper and begins drawing my bike, glaring from paper to bike and scribbling like Picasso on crack. At the second stop, he puts the pad away, unfolds his bike like a NASCAR pit crew and rides off into the morning air.

Is that weird? I think that's weird.

• Like 1

Hi happy people!

There's no happy people here. Just people having their nuts stolen, people drowning in children, people stuck coaching Tball, people with gout and Tanner. All the happy people fled.

ahem
Yeah, I get a few pictures of perfectly skinned, bi-curious hot girls who want your gills and you start getting some mentions by me in this knock-off GMTAN thread.
PM me your #

methodists, I think. pretty light on the preachy part though. they say grace before meals, and there was a 15 minute talk on Sunday morning by the camp director.

Anyone here know anything about the Gold Coast hotel in Vegas? I think I might be staying there next month

Don't know anything really but it is off-strip. Be prepared for a lot of cab rides.

I actually need to be near the Rio.

Trying to decide between the Gold Coast and the Palms.

hmm...do you prefer being around really old people or hot chicks?

and d0oshbags, don't forget them,

Oof. Less douchebags, please.

Whoa. I thought that word was filtered by the Tennessee Taliban.

Anyone here know anything about the Gold Coast hotel in Vegas? I think I might be staying there next month

Gold Coast is a 5 minute walk, mostly through a parking structure, to Rio. The Palms is another 5 minutes in the July sun, plus you have to cross the 12 lanes of Flamingo Road. Choose wisely.

Bonus: GC has some of the best Chinese food in the city at Ping Pang Pong. Actual actual name.

• Like 1

Gold Coast is a 5 minute walk, mostly through a parking structure, to Rio. The Palms is another 5 minutes in the July sun, plus you have to cross the 12 lanes of Flamingo Road. Choose wisely.

Bonus: GC has some of the best Chinese food in the city at Ping Pang Pong. Actual actual name.

Sold!