What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (19 Viewers)

Reading restaurant reviews online is frustrating. No matter how highly a place is rated, it still seems like at least a third of the reviews complain about poor service and/or bad food.
People who have a good experience leave fewer reviews, in percentage terms, than people who have a bad experience. If the overall rating is good, you have to just go with it.

Reading restaurant reviews online is frustrating. No matter how highly a place is rated, it still seems like at least a third of the reviews complain about poor service and/or bad food.
Red's back Porch

They must provide an above average base pay for their servers, because they are certainly not working for tips.

Drinks were so strong, I am awarding you 1 star. Kudos.

Great location. Looking forward to the day I see "under new management".

Cheap drinks lose their appeal when you spend most of the night trying to figure out where the hell your server is.

Don't order the Frito pie, it's the biggest joke in town!! And when you speak to the manager, Jarrett, he doesn't care

The fried pickles were mealy and soft.

I only ate half a taco and still ended up getting sick that evening. I will never go there again. I can't believe I payed thirty dollars to visit my toilet at the end of the night.

I would like to note that the server was kind.

Our group would have ordered more drinks but our server was either too overwhelmed or just forgot about us, so we just had one round. She was apologetic so we decided to just finish everything and leave.

Sup, fellas. I'm entering the 30 hour or so of some bull #### flu. No stomach problems but aches and chills from hell. Got out of bedths AM at 4 literally shivering. Lasted for about 20 minutes. Now on the pound me in the ### so I don't wake up the wife.

FML
You're now on the what now?

Thanks for the invite but working to get the house ready for a showing at 1. The "coming soon" sign went up Wednesday and this is the second time this family has come to look. Won't be officially on the market or in the MLS until next Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go Abe. Showings are such a pain with little kids. Hopefully it will move quickly.

Do free passes to the water park your neighbor built in their yard come with the house?

Go Abe. Showings are such a pain with little kids. Hopefully it will move quickly.

Do free passes to the water park your neighbor built in their yard come with the house?
That is the only Neighbor that hasn't walked over to do the whole "oh we are so sorry you are moving! We are going to miss you!" Frankly, I appreciate their more honest ignoring or us.

Sup, fellas. I'm entering the 30 hour or so of some bull #### flu. No stomach problems but aches and chills from hell. Got out of bedths AM at 4 literally shivering. Lasted for about 20 minutes. Now on the pound me in the ### so I don't wake up the wife.

FML
That sucks GB.

I'm finally getting over a cold/bronchitis/pneumonia. Been about 3 weeks.

Was now told I have a mass on my right lung. I guess it's probably benign, but I have to have a biopsy.

Not telling my wife or daughter though, they would freak.

taking 3 11-year old girls to see Taylor Swift this evening, then they're having a sleepover at my house.

pretty sure my ears are going to be bleeding by tomorrow.

FML
That sucks GB.I'm finally getting over a cold/bronchitis/pneumonia. Been about 3 weeks.

Was now told I have a mass on my right lung. I guess it's probably benign, but I have to have a biopsy.

Damn. Don't I feel like a whiny, little b itch now.

FML
That sucks GB.

FML
That sucks GB.

Jesus, Pack. Best wishes on the results. Been there, so you wanna chat - hit me up, sir

Sorry Pack. TPW.

We are watching my nephews this weekend. We just moved in and got suckered into babysitting. They are 5 and 3. The 5yo is ok. The 3yo is ####### crazy/ADHD/incapable of behaving/stupid idiot face. Drinking already.

Sorry Pack. TPW.

We are watching my nephews this weekend. We just moved in and got suckered into babysitting. They are 5 and 3. The 5yo is ok. The 3yo is ####### crazy/ADHD/incapable of behaving/stupid idiot face. Drinking already.
The three year old, or you, or both? That may be your solution.

Sorry Pack. TPW.

The three year old, or you, or both? That may be your solution.
Good point. He wouldn't notice a little coconut rum in his orange juice right?

Thanks guys

FML
That sucks GB.I'm finally getting over a cold/bronchitis/pneumonia. Been about 3 weeks.

Damn. Don't I feel like a whiny, little b itch now.
Nah, that #### aint fun either

FML
That sucks GB.

Jesus, Pack. Best wishes on the results. Been there, so you wanna chat - hit me up, sir
Thanks GB. Neat bored

Sorry Pack. TPW.

Thanks

Pack, I don't know your family dynamic but........I would strongly suggest you telling them sooner rather than later. At least, your daughter, wife, siblings, and parents (whichever applies). I kept my #### secret as long as I could - I'M A MAN, DAMMIT - and thought I could handle it myself. If, God forbid, that mass ain't benign you will need plenty of help (you may not think so, but you will).

Apparently I'm getting an offer tonight on my house that isn't officially for sale yet. Which is great expect my new house doesn't close until November 2. Sure do wish one of our patriarchs owned an Austin area home with 11 extra bedrooms. :mellow:

Pack, I don't know your family dynamic but........I would strongly suggest you telling them sooner rather than later. At least, your daughter, wife, siblings, and parents (whichever applies). I kept my #### secret as long as I could - I'M A MAN, DAMMIT - and thought I could handle it myself. If, God forbid, that mass ain't benign you will need plenty of help (you may not think so, but you will).
Thanks GB.

I know you're right, but right now I can't say anything. My daughter has enough stress as it is living in a new place with no close friends, she needs to concentrate on her career. It's just too early. I want to wait to see what comes of it, and then decide how and when to tell anyone. Right now I definitely feel like I can handle it by myself, but I know that's not true.

If need be, you bet I'll reach out to you, but I'm hoping this turns out to be nothing.

Thank you to everyone for the well wishes. Means a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread