What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

I decided that I wasn't quite ready to listen to Chris Collingsworth just yet. So I went to the Yellow Rose to watch the game. Look that one up, Tanner.
The 10oz Texas Ribeye @ $18.95 sounds suspect. But it does come with a baked potato and a side of titays.ETA: urbanspoon's menu doesn't look like it matches the official site's menu.

I would probably go with the Hippie (sic) Chicken Burger
If you want to eat, you should just go to THreadgill's next door

Might be a stupid question but are Austin strip clubs just topless or full frontal lewdity (as my step grandma would say)?
Full nude can't sell booze. Those places are usually quite skanky.

Of course, I'm covered with Eau de Skank right now, so what do I know?

I am remarkably glitter-free, though. I don't think that's a thing any more.
Same in Calif...I think. We have 3 strip clubs in town and I've only been to one of them. They are all full nude with no booze.

The only one Ive been to is a Deja Vu. Probably haven't been ther in 15 years. I think if I went to one of them these days there would be a chance I might run into a former student.
That would be awkward for both of you. :lmao:

Might be a stupid question but are Austin strip clubs just topless or full frontal lewdity (as my step grandma would say)?

Same in Calif...I think. We have 3 strip clubs in town and I've only been to one of them. They are all full nude with no booze.

The only one Ive been to is a Deja Vu. Probably haven't been ther in 15 years. I think if I went to one of them these days there would be a chance I might run into a former student.
That would be awkward for both of you. :lmao:
I would leave ASAP.

Pure stupidity but I am in awe of this guy's dedication to his craft.

Guy on reddit replies to a variety of threads:

In a spoiler to save space

Reddit! What are some simple things you find hard doing?

[–]rogersimon10 306 points 2 months ago

I'm not good with hugs, really. Unless someone's moving away I usually find it a bit over dramatic and awkward, especially when someone's hugging several people on their way out. My cousin did this the other night and there were about a dozen people in the room, so everyone basically had to form a little hug line as she was leaving. I just gave her a quick handshake instead. After everyone left, my dad asked me why I didn't give my cousin a hug, and then he beat the #### out of me with a set of jumper cables. I guess I should have hugged her, but I really think it's a bit too much for simply leaving a dinner party.

Parents of Reddit, what's something that your kid has done that you pretended to be angry about but secretly impressed or amused you?

[–]rogersimon10 5565 points 7 hours ago

I live with my dad and my 9 year old daughter. I sometimes go to the gym at night and tell my daughter to brush her teeth while I'm gone. When I get back she shows me a video on our tablet of her brushing her teeth as proof. A few days ago I realized that her hairstyle was slightly different in the video, and I figured out that she had simply prerecorded herself brushing her teeth in several different outfits. While I was fairly impressed at this, I kept a straight face and explained to her that when I was a kid, grandpa would beat me savagely with a set of jumper cables whenever I didn't brush my teeth. Since then she's been brushing several times a day on her own.

What cant you stop eating once you start? by

[–]rogersimon10 550 points 2 months ago

This. I came here looking for pistachio nuts and sure enough I see it as the top comment. Oh man, my dad beat the #### out of me once with a set of jumper cables because I went though a 32oz bag of pistachio nuts in one sitting. They're so addictive!

Men of Reddit, when and why did you last cry?

[–]rogersimon10 57 points 3 months ago

When I was 16 we went camping at Big Bear Lake: me, my dad, my brother, and my dog Oscar. Oscar was a great little dog. We had to stop off at a sporting goods store to buy bait, and my dad and brother went in while I stayed outside to watch Oscar. While they were inside an old man with a beard walked over to me and started talking about how great a dog Oscar was. He started petting him a lot and then took Oscar's leash off and picked him up, hugging him and laughing while Oscar licked his face. Suddenly he turned around and carried Oscar to his truck, then tossed him inside and drove off. I was stunned in disbelief, and I deeply regret not confronting him. When my dad came back outside the first thing he said was "where's Oscar?" and I told him about the old guy. We drove around for the next 4 hours looking for the truck and talking to various park rangers but we never found him. When we got back to the campgrounds my dad lost his temper and beat me mercilessly with a set of jumper cables. The car ride back was completely silent until my dad uttered "I bet that old man ate Oscar. Lotta homeless around these parts." My dad didn't see it, but I shed a few tears.

What's something that hasn't changed in design much since it was first invented?

[–]rogersimon10 131 points 3 months ago

Jumper cables. My dad used to beat me with them as far back as the late 80s, and although I've never owned a set I can see that they're pretty much exactly the same in design. Still hurt like hell too.

What is your best "..and so we never did that again" story?

[–]rogersimon10 3831 points 5 months ago

We had a pool in the back yard growing up so I often had friends over swimming. I kept asking my friends if they thought I could jump into the pool from the roof, it seemed clearly doable. One day I climbed up there and did it. I landed dead center in the deep end, and when I got out all my friends were blown away. Then my dad came rushing out with a set of jumper cables and beat the living #### out of me in front of all my friends. And then he told all my friends to get off his property.
It looks like he's made about 45 of these.

From like six months ago.

:lmao:

Sorry, I just pictured me as the guy throwing nickels at her...

The all nude ones here are BYOB. When I was in college we would get a group together and show up at the Show Palace around 7pm with a keg. That always ended up well.

Spending less than $200 at a script club is really quite good. You should be proud of yourself. And bat#### crazy girl is always the way to go.

Sup, fellas. I'm entering the 30 hour or so of some bull #### flu. No stomach problems but aches and chills from hell. Got out of bedths AM at 4 literally shivering. Lasted for about 20 minutes. Now on the pound me in the ### so I don't wake up the wife.

FML
That sucks GB.I'm finally getting over a cold/bronchitis/pneumonia. Been about 3 weeks.

Was now told I have a mass on my right lung. I guess it's probably benign, but I have to have a biopsy.

Not telling my wife or daughter though, they would freak.
TPW Mr Pack

Aaron Rudnicki said:
krista4 said:
What's the place to keep photos online these days? We have them strewn across at least five sites, and I'd like to consolidate all into one place.
I use Flickr
Amazon's free Prime photo storage. App on the phone transfers and it's unlimited storage.

The eye doctor fella said I need to massage my eyelid with warm water to open the yada yada yada and now my eyelid is burnt.

Limp Ditka said:
First think that went through my head this morning was 'Oh! So that's what it's like to wake up sober'
Same thing here. Although it didn't seem appreciably better than the way I usually wake up. Seems overrated.

I had Cal in the car yesterday bumming around (that's what my Dad always called it) and coincidentally the topic of the radio show we were listening too were was ADHD. The host said he was on a website where 90% of the people said ADHD wasn't real, it was just a product of bad parenting. I look at Cal, probably like this :mellow: and say what do you think about that? He looks at me, shakes his head, and replies "those poor misguided people".

7 am meeting to work on the company strategic plan and then interviews all afternoon for a couple openings I have in my department. I think another glass or two of vodka is needed.

Long day. Told my boss then went to a coffee shop and had two beers. Back to work for an hour then to the bar for more beer. Played golf, nap, dinner with margaritas.

Thinking I'll leave my job more often.

Next week, vacation. God, I need this.

Course, it's vacation with 5 kids, a wife I can't sleep with, her sister's family (including two MORE kids), my MIL (who has lived with us for over a month) and my FIL. Crowded House ain't just an underrated 80s band, folks.

But, it's a vacation and I could use some time away from home remodeling, hospitals, landscaping, furniture shopping and a stock market that is damned determined to kill me. 4 days in Sunriver (Tanner - hey). I brought up buying a small keg last night and it was actually well received, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

ETA: Will FBG ever fix the wonky issue of paragraph breaks not showing up after you hit "post", even though they are clearly there when you're typing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Abraham said:
Have fun. no chance the mini keg lasts the whole vacation. None.
53 beers divided by 3 beer drinkers = 17ish beers per person. Figure 3 days of drinking, that's....6 beers per day. Hmmmmmmmmm, that's like Mr. Roboto territory.

Hate to say it and I don't think I ever have before but.....ABE MIGHT BE RIGHT! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread