What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (20 Viewers)

Kept reading that the Perseid meteor shower was gonna be fan-fuggin-tastic tonight and tomorrow night, so went out and stared at the NE portion of the sky for a while. Now have a sore neck and headache and saw not a single damn meteor, though Mr krista allegedly saw one while I went inside for a drink.

Blows.

You know what's cool? Driving the next county over at 10pm because there was a cops business card on your front door when you got home. Apparently my lady bought gas on the way home and it didn't go through so the cops thought she stole it.
Wait...her card didn't go through?
Apparently yeah. It let her pump $50 worth of gas into the truck though. Cops came to my house and I had to drive out to the gas station to pay since their phones were down or some poop
That's weird.
Yeah not very cool. Got a nice buzz out of it though.
And a handy and some Bruce. Good little night, it seems. :thumbup:
No handy yet. Was hoping Limp would show up.
Seems like he was already there

HEY-O

Kept reading that the Perseid meteor shower was gonna be fan-fuggin-tastic tonight and tomorrow night, so went out and stared at the NE portion of the sky for a while. Now have a sore neck and headache and saw not a single damn meteor, though Mr krista allegedly saw one while I went inside for a drink.

Blows.
PV saw 6 or 7 last night. I saw my rousing game of CIV 5.

ETA: Ghengis Khan talked #### and couldn't back it up. Hegone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fat Drunk and Stupid said:
Notorious T.R.E. said:
krista4 said:

Blows.
PV saw 6 or 7 last night. I saw my rousing game of CIV 5.ETA: Ghengis Khan talked #### and couldn't back it up. Hegone.
:lmao:
:HAWK:

I started using my home office today. realized the only desk chair I own is one that goodwill rejected two years ago because it had a small rip in the fabric, so it's been sitting in my garage collecting dust ever since.

I'd like a new chair. :kicksrock:

And a lamp. My office is dark.
When did Goodwill get so goddddamn choosey? They sat and scrutinized a Lazy-Boy I wanted to give them for several minutes before reluctantly agreeing to take it by saying "We'll take it THIS time". I thought they were like Santa's Elves, taking things in, repairing them and then putting them up for sale. Bastards are pickier than Tanner at a high end French restaurant.

krista4 said:

Blows.
I would imagine your Eastern sky has a fair amount of light pollution. ALso, the storms are strongest in the pre-dawn hours.

Best Perseid display I ever saw was out on a boat on the water. Saw one every few seconds, sometimes multiples and a few monster fireballs.

Last edited by a moderator:
shuke said:
Just had a sloppy joe with pepper jack cheese (brought in from home). Might go eat another one. Damn, that was good.
You brought it from home to where?
HEY JACKASSS........................ANNOUNCE!!!!

I WORK ON TUESDAYS. ALSO MONDAYS AND OTHER DAYS OF THE WEEK NOT NAMED SATURDAY OR SUNDAY. SO WHEN I BRING SOMETHING FROM HOME TO EAT ON A WEEKDAY, ASSUME I'M EATING IT AT WORK LIKE I DO ALMOST EVERY DAY OF MY STUPID LIFE.

krista4 said:

Blows.
I would imagine your Eastern sky has a fair amount of light pollution. ALso, the storms are strongest in the pre-dawn hours.

Best Perseid display I ever saw was out on a boat on the water. Saw one every few seconds, sometimes multiples and a few monster fireballs.
Get a load of Carl Sagan here.

Vacation prospects have invigorated our GBGM.

Speaking of which, I have rebooked my Vegas airfare for Wild Card weekend and the NCAA championship the following Monday. If anybody wants to party on Fremont Street kevzilla-style, let me know.

:crickets:

:oldunsure:

I started using my home office today. realized the only desk chair I own is one that goodwill rejected two years ago because it had a small rip in the fabric, so it's been sitting in my garage collecting dust ever since.

When did Goodwill get so goddddamn choosey? They sat and scrutinized a Lazy-Boy I wanted to give them for several minutes before reluctantly agreeing to take it by saying "We'll take it THIS time". I thought they were like Santa's Elves, taking things in, repairing them and then putting them up for sale. Bastards are pickier than Tanner at a high end French restaurant.
I had Salvation Army reject a bunch of stuff once. Pissed me off because it seems like their goal is to make money rather than help less fortunate. I vowed never to go again but it's probably the most convenient so I still do. May be karmic payback for the time the wife and I were dropping off some stuff and someone had left a really nice coffee table that we decided to take for ourselves

Anyway that time I called a more local place and they basically said they'll take anything...if it can't be used they'd make the decision to throw it out

shuke said:
Just had a sloppy joe with pepper jack cheese (brought in from home). Might go eat another one. Damn, that was good.

I WORK ON TUESDAYS. ALSO MONDAYS AND OTHER DAYS OF THE WEEK NOT NAMED SATURDAY OR SUNDAY. SO WHEN I BRING SOMETHING FROM HOME TO EAT ON A WEEKDAY, ASSUME I'M EATING IT AT WORK LIKE I DO ALMOST EVERY DAY OF MY STUPID LIFE.
What meal were you eating at 3:14 PM? Linner?

shuke said:

Oregon is not in the Eastern time zone, Copernicus.

I had Salvation Army reject a bunch of stuff once. Pissed me off because it seems like their goal is to make money rather than help less fortunate. I vowed never to go again but it's probably the most convenient so I still do. May be karmic payback for the time the wife and I were dropping off some stuff and someone had left a really nice coffee table that we decided to take for ourselves

Anyway that time I called a more local place and they basically said they'll take anything...if it can't be used they'd make the decision to throw it out
Or at the very least, give it to guys like Uni to burn under their bridges at night.

shuke said:

Oregon is not in the Eastern time zone, Copernicus.
I know...just some bad shtick I like to run

shuke said:

Hi there pal. I apologize for misunderstanding your original comment. The "might go eat another one" led me to believe that you had procured said sloppy joe sandwich from a third party, and that you had brought pepper jack cheese with you from home. Like you just carry cheese with you in the chance you would need to cover something with it. Which actually is not a bad idea. Have a good day.

shuke said:

Hi there pal. I apologize for misunderstanding your original comment. The "might go eat another one" led me to believe that you had procured said sloppy joe sandwich from a third party, and that you had brought pepper jack cheese with you from home. Like you just carry cheese with you in the chance you would need to cover something with it. Which actually is not a bad idea. Have a good day.
That's actually what I thought too.Mitch: hey, Forrest...Lynnette's making sloppy joes in the break room. You in?

GM: Am I! Be there in a minute.

(opens fannypack, sorts through various cheeses, thinks for a moment before grabbing a nice, thick slice of pepper jack)

Just ate another Sloppy Joe. At work. With pepperjack cheese. I could probably eat this every day for the rest of my life.
Do you work at a sloppy joe store?
I do not.

I do, however, have a framed print of Sloppy Joes in Key West that my wife doesn't let me hang in our living room anymore because 'we're not in college'. It's a pretty cool print, though. There's a dog scratching himself and everything.

A loose ground beef sandwich on regular sliced bread is called a made-right, and seems to be specific to Iowa.

End of my Iowa knowledge.

It seems sloppy joes were invented in Iowa. Pass.
Man, eggs and sloppy joes. Iowa seems alright.
Never been, I can only assume.
How can you have never been there? It's like, right below you.
Iowa is worse than Wyoming.
Having driven through both, this is false. Iowa is actually quite pleasant with rolling green hills and giant windfarm towers. Wyoming is a brown desolate replication of the surface of the moon.

It seems sloppy joes were invented in Iowa. Pass.
Man, eggs and sloppy joes. Iowa seems alright.
Never been, I can only assume.
How can you have never been there? It's like, right below you.
Iowa is worse than Wyoming.
Having driven through both, this is false. Iowa is actually quite pleasant with rolling green hills and giant windfarm towers. Wyoming is a brown desolate replication of the surface of the moon.
And it goes on forever and ever and ever.....

Users who are viewing this thread