What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (20 Viewers)

How do you bring a sloppy joe into work? Already assembled? A Tupperware of meat, a bag of buns (at least two apparently) and a Baggie of cheese (enough to make at least two sandwiches)?

Do you have your own shelf in the fridge? What's the microwave look like after this?

Tomorrow starts the college dropoffs for the first of my triplets. Coastal Carolina just outside Myrtle Beach. Come right back and head to Temple in Philly. Come back again and then head to U Tampa. First and only kids. Didn't think I would be to emotional about it. We've been involved in so much of their stuff that it is just starting to hit me. Hope I keep it together. Wife is a wreck too. GM you should be a pro by the time the twins head off.

How do you bring a sloppy joe into work? Already assembled? A Tupperware of meat, a bag of buns (at least two apparently) and a Baggie of cheese (enough to make at least two sandwiches)?

Do you have your own shelf in the fridge? What's the microwave look like after this?
can't you just bring a Manwich?

because I'm pretty sure a Manwich is a meal.

Tomorrow starts the college dropoffs for the first of my triplets. Coastal Carolina just outside Myrtle Beach. Come right back and head to Temple in Philly. Come back again and then head to U Tampa. First and only kids. Didn't think I would be to emotional about it. We've been involved in so much of their stuff that it is just starting to hit me. Hope I keep it together. Wife is a wreck too. GM you should be a pro by the time the twins head off.
Triplets, you say? Gender?

Having recently spent a Thursday evening in Ybor city, if they are female, poor you and if they are male, lucky him.

These are very good questions.

My MIL made Sloppy Joes on Friday, which is about the only thing she ever makes for dinner (her husband does most of the cooking). She made so much Sloppy Joe that by Tuesday morning, there was a lot left in a tupperware container in the back of the fridge. I wasn't going to let that go to waste, so I took the tupperware to work with a sack of potato buns and some pre-sliced pepperjack cheese. There's only 4 of us in the office and one guy is in NYC this week. I have enough room in the fridge to deficate and read the funnies. So, I've been assembling these for lunch the past two days and have enough for one more tomorrow. I don't think I've ever really been this happy before.

No way my 5 kids are all going to college. We're going to have to make choices (though some of the kids are making the choices easy).

No way my 5 kids are all going to college. We're going to have to make choices (though some of the kids are making the choices easy).
learning a good trade seems like a fine career choice

It seems sloppy joes were invented in Iowa. Pass.
Man, eggs and sloppy joes. Iowa seems alright.
Never been, I can only assume.
How can you have never been there? It's like, right below you.
Iowa is worse than Wyoming.
Having driven through both, this is false. Iowa is actually quite pleasant with rolling green hills and giant windfarm towers. Wyoming is a brown desolate replication of the surface of the moon.
Iowa smells like poopies.

Having recently spent a Thursday evening in Ybor city, if they are female, poor you and if they are male, lucky him.
2 boys 1 girl. One of the boys is going to Tampa. He should do alright for himself too. :proudfatherpuffsoutchest:

Not to change the topic on this very lively discussion, but is anybody else checking in on that suicide thread? Is Johnnycakes alright?
didn't he already have an attempt recently? haven't checked in lately, but guessing he may not be alright.
I don't know him at all, but am familiar with his battles. Sounds like he's crying out, but again, I don't know his patterns of behavior.

I actually told one of the boys to become a plumber and the other an electrician. They wanted no part of it.

Not to change the topic on this very lively discussion, but is anybody else checking in on that suicide thread? Is Johnnycakes alright?
didn't he already have an attempt recently? haven't checked in lately, but guessing he may not be alright.
I think the story was he tried to shoot himself and either the gun didn't fire properly or his wife intervened.
correct. he has many demons

I think the story was he tried to shoot himself and either the gun didn't fire properly or his wife intervened.
Man that sucks....his ex is all sort of messed up too right?

Educational triage has already begun at our house as well.

I have one of the boys pegged for trade school already. I am hopeful that my daughter doesn't end up going to beautician school (or worse), but it could happen.

I sent him a PM expressing concern and offering any kind of help I could give when he posted about the last one and he more or less told me to screw off.

I sent him a PM expressing concern and offering any kind of help I could give when he posted about the last one and he more or less told me to screw off.
My notebook tells me he has Aspergers so his ability to socially deal with others in a way that considers their emotions and reactions is affected.

My notebook tells me he has Aspergers so his ability to socially deal with others in a way that considers their emotions and reactions is affected.
No doubt. My notebook corroborates that. As does my personal experience.

I hope he is doing okay...

"Hazel, you have a choice of Cornell or Yale, Leo.....mechanic or dishwasher, what'll it be?"
not to joke but last year a guy retired from the Coast Guard and in his speech he talked about how he was the oldest of 2 kids and his dad straight up told him that they could pay for college for either him or his sister but not both. The guy knew he stood no chance in school so he declined and joined the service, his sister went to college and ended up being a doctor.

Man that sucks....his ex is all sort of messed up too right?
He's not selling the pro-Chinese wife thing well either.

Sent Today, 01:41 PM

I'm driving around with a rope at the end of which I have tied a hangman's knot with 11 turns.

I'm going to pick up my kids from "space camp" at huntsville, Alabama, on Friday, then return home...

what happens after that... who knows
I sent johnnycakes a message asking if he was okay and if I could do anything for him and got the above as a reply.

2 boys 1 girl. One of the boys is going to Tampa. He should do alright for himself too. :proudfatherpuffsoutchest:
For your sake, I hope it's the girl whose headed to Temple.

I'm driving around with a rope at the end of which I have tied a hangman's knot with 11 turns.

I'm going to pick up my kids from "space camp" at huntsville, Alabama, on Friday, then return home...

I sent johnnycakes a message asking if he was okay and if I could do anything for him and got the above as a reply.
I'm not an expert in anything let alone suicide but the fact that he is willing to say this to a stranger is reason for optimism. The people I know who died of suicide gave no warning at all (sadly, that applies to Shiny too). Depressing stuff. :(

The school Bill Cosby went to and hangs out at all the time? You want her to stop at Patrick Kane's lakehouse too? Have lunch with Darren Sharper?

That's really not good.

The school Bill Cosby went to and hangs out at all the time? You want her to stop at Patrick Kane's lakehouse too? Have lunch with Darren Sharper?
"Double date" with Ben Roethlisberger and Mark Chmura down?

I'm not an expert in anything let alone suicide but the fact that he is willing to say this to a stranger is reason for optimism. The people I know who died of suicide gave no warning at all (sadly, that applies to Shiny too). Depressing stuff. :(
My buddy I played lacrosse with was the same way. Just did it without anything resembling a cry for help.

But that doesn't mean cries for help aren't serious.

Fantastic news today!!

We got the results of my wife's testing for her genetic markers for beast and ovarian cancer, plus 12 other markers that are related to cancer.

All. Came back normal!! No mutations or inconsistencies found!! Her mom died at 41 from beast cancer, so it's a big worry for my wife. It also means that my daughter is in the clear from mutated genes as well!!!

Happy day!!

Cliffs: my wife's fabulous knockers are awesome.
Awesome!

Fantastic news today!!

We got the results of my wife's testing for her genetic markers for beast and ovarian cancer, plus 12 other markers that are related to cancer.

All. Came back normal!! No mutations or inconsistencies found!! Her mom died at 41 from beast cancer, so it's a big worry for my wife. It also means that my daughter is in the clear from mutated genes as well!!!

Happy day!!

Awesome!
fabulous!

She is. Never thought she would be going to a big city but she visited and fell in love with it.

Howdy boys!!!!!

It's BENIGN!!!!! Some kind of hermertoner (SP)

But it's bening and ALL CLEAR! Just have to keep an eye on it in the future if it grows it may have to come out someday. I guess it stems from me having tuberculosis when I was a kid, but for now it's all good.

Thank you all for the well wishes!!!

Love all you guys!

Fantastic news today!!

Happy day!!

#### YEA!!!!

#### CANCER!!!!!

Just talked to AngryWife about how she was going to have to get a job if the boys were going to college and her response is that they were probably trade school material.

Users who are viewing this thread