Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

Accidentally saw the phrase "IDP virgin" and almost puked in the sink.

Guys I think this is the year we just cut the #### with all of the football nonsense.

I'm trying to take on Abe as a consultant for the one local auction league I still play in so, yeah, I've pretty much given up on fantasy football.

• Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

Accidentally saw the phrase "IDP virgin" and almost puked in the sink.

Guys I think this is the year we just cut the #### with all of the football nonsense.

I went into the shark pool the other day. It's pretty terrifying.

T&P, kev

On the list of "Uruk's weekends that will not end well because he's an idiot", this one is - I hope - pretty far down the list: Going to pick up a lady I worked with 20+ years ago. She's in town from FLA and is doing a whirlwind tour of her old stomping grounds (we grew up in the same area, too, so added comfort level there :rolleyes: ) and I got the middle portion of her journey. She flew into Pittsburgh to see an old friend, so I'm meeting them half-way for the (snicker) hand off. Then I'm taking her to Maryland tomorrow to drop her with some other friends. She has glorious boobs, is what I'm saying.

I'm in Greensboro and Durham the next seven days. I'd think that's close enough that you should swing down for drinks.

Damn. Wish I could swing that. It's only 3 or 4 hours away and an easy drive, but can't happen this week.

I think Idiot Boxer is in Greensboro. So is simey. IB's a Steelers fan, though. Simey is absolutely the coolest person on Earth.

Plan on lunch with simey and NC Commish Monday. Poker with IB Monday night. Lunch with Glumpy when he parks his trailer in the same spot 2 days in a row. Mid week lunch with ChemX. Possible hookup with raider fan if he ever answers my text. Several days scoping out an organic, boutique distillery in chapel hill (TOPO). Thinking of doing one of those in Austin.

What's that? I land early Tuesday morning. Let's get together Tuesday night with IB and whoever

Party at the moon tower?

That party scene wasn't filmed at the location of any of the remaining moon towers. They built a small replica section on location at Decker Lake.

I tailgate about a block from one of the six remaining towers.

Top Notch is still there, right?

Yeah. Had a burger there a couple weeks ago.

Just saw YouTube videos of "fans" "reacting" to the new "Star Wars" "trailer." That might be worst than "IDP virgin."

It's time for a Giant Meteor, we need to start over.

I don't disagree, but can we wait until I see the new Star Wars?

Just saw YouTube videos of "fans" "reacting" to the new "Star Wars" "trailer." That might be worst than "IDP virgin."

It's time for a Giant Meteor, we need to start over.

I don't disagree, but can we wait until I see the new Star Wars?

A meteorite on Dec 17 would wipe out humanity the day before Star Wars AND the start of the fantasy football playoffs. Might be ideal.

T&P, kev

On the list of "Uruk's weekends that will not end well because he's an idiot", this one is - I hope - pretty far down the list: Going to pick up a lady I worked with 20+ years ago. She's in town from FLA and is doing a whirlwind tour of her old stomping grounds (we grew up in the same area, too, so added comfort level there :rolleyes: ) and I got the middle portion of her journey. She flew into Pittsburgh to see an old friend, so I'm meeting them half-way for the (snicker) hand off. Then I'm taking her to Maryland tomorrow to drop her with some other friends. She has glorious boobs, is what I'm saying.

I'm in Greensboro and Durham the next seven days. I'd think that's close enough that you should swing down for drinks.

Damn. Wish I could swing that. It's only 3 or 4 hours away and an easy drive, but can't happen this week.

I think Idiot Boxer is in Greensboro. So is simey. IB's a Steelers fan, though. Simey is absolutely the coolest person on Earth.

Plan on lunch with simey and NC Commish Monday. Poker with IB Monday night. Lunch with Glumpy when he parks his trailer in the same spot 2 days in a row. Mid week lunch with ChemX. Possible hookup with raider fan if he ever answers my text. Several days scoping out an organic, boutique distillery in chapel hill (TOPO). Thinking of doing one of those in Austin.

What's that? I land early Tuesday morning. Let's get together Tuesday night with IB and whoever

Tuesday's going to be rough for me. Kid's got open house at school and stuff. Might be available late (post 9pm)

Wednesday is wide open, if you're still around.

Boys started school Thursday so tomorrow Cal has a late start so the teachers can have a workshop or something. It's almost like they didnt just have about 70 days free to do something like that. Tanner?

We're pretty lazy.

:lol:

Seriously, why do they do this? It also seems like they get more days off than when I was in Catholic school. Public school kids always hated us for getting the Festival of Elmer's Glue and Bishop Stinkfinger's birthday off.

Anyone who was worried about him, johnnycakes checked back in - not dead.

I was checking his local news website for any updates... no joke. including their police blog, where I found this:

STOW – At 3:06 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 5, a caller reported a man standing in front of a window in his house totally naked. She had seen him doing it before. Police spoke with the man, who didn’t think anyone could see him.

I was checking his local news website for any updates... no joke. including their police blog, where I found this:

STOW – At 3:06 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 5, a caller reported a man standing in front of a window in his house totally naked. She had seen him doing it before. Police spoke with the man, who didn’t think anyone could see him.

oops, sorry

Tomorrow starts the college dropoffs for the first of my triplets. Coastal Carolina just outside Myrtle Beach. Come right back and head to Temple in Philly. Come back again and then head to U Tampa. First and only kids. Didn't think I would be to emotional about it. We've been involved in so much of their stuff that it is just starting to hit me. Hope I keep it together. Wife is a wreck too. GM you should be a pro by the time the twins head off.

1 down 2 to go. First one wasn't too bad. He was a little down because he left the girlfriend behind. We were in Myrtle the night before check in and he was walking about 5 feet in front of me when 2 girls were going the other way and they stared at him the whole way even as he walked by. I caught up to him and asked if he saw them. He just looked at me, smiled and winked. That made me feel better for him and more importantly I think it made him feel better. His roomates all seemed like good kids too so leaving him there I felt he was in good hands. He is in the golf managment program so he will be busy playing a lot of golf.

Not looking forward to tomorrow when I drop my daughter off. This is going to be the difficult one for me. Wife has been pretty good keeping it together too.

• Like 3

Golf Management? I mean that's cool and all but talk about a narrow focus. I hope that's just a minor on a business degree.

I know one guy (from HS) who ended up playing on some minor league golf circuit for a while and then became a pro of some kind at a club or facility... something in the golf game. other than that, I'm not sure what one does as a "golf manager". other than watching caddyshack on a loop... what else do they do?

Golf Management? I mean that's cool and all but talk about a narrow focus. I hope that's just a minor on a business degree.

I know one guy (from HS) who ended up playing on some minor league golf circuit for a while and then became a pro of some kind at a club or facility... something in the golf game. other than that, I'm not sure what one does as a "golf manager". other than watching caddyshack on a loop... what else do they do?

Night putting.

Tablet for use by a 4th-5th grader. Mostly for apps, music, and amateur innerwebbing. What should I be looking at?

:blackdot:

wife got something for our kids (4 & 8)- like $60/70 that does all of that, but at a minimal level. minecraft ain't happening on this. When I get home from work later I'll try to remember to figure out what make/model it is. Not sure it's right for an older kid. of course, there's always an older ipad... like "mine" that I never get to use.

Night putting.

putting. at night.

Tablet for use by a 4th-5th grader. Mostly for apps, music, and amateur innerwebbing. What should I be looking at?

iPad

My kids are a bit younger and have a Nabi and Nabi Jr. They're OK but I'd wish I'd just shelled out the extra $100 or so for an iPad

I've been pushing back on it forever. Just seems unnecessary. But at this point all our friends' kids seem to have their own. She's really the only one who doesn't. And she's willing to save her own money for it. I can't pass up letting her earn it herself. Fire HD 6 on sale on Amazon for $69 today, but it's only the 8GB version. I assume she'd blow through that quickly. 16GB is only $89, though. Reviews make it seem less than ideal, though. Sounds like it's a little lacking in the apps department. ipad Mini 2 seems to be just over $200. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of middle ground between the 2. Or I just have no clue what those options might be.

STOW At 3:06 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 5, a caller reported a man standing in front of a window in his house totally naked. She had seen him doing it before. Police spoke with the man, who didnt think anyone could see him.

Me too.

STOW At 3:06 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 5, a caller reported a man standing in front of a window in his house totally naked. She had seen him doing it before. Police spoke with the man, who didnt think anyone could see him.

Me too.

you don't think anybody can see you?

It is a minor. Business major. He will be learning about everything from running a country club to learning how to make clubs and everything in between.

• Like 1

I've been pushing back on it forever. Just seems unnecessary. But at this point all our friends' kids seem to have their own. She's really the only one who doesn't. And she's willing to save her own money for it. I can't pass up letting her earn it herself. Fire HD 6 on sale on Amazon for $69 today, but it's only the 8GB version. I assume she'd blow through that quickly. 16GB is only $89, though. Reviews make it seem less than ideal, though. Sounds like it's a little lacking in the apps department. ipad Mini 2 seems to be just over $200. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of middle ground between the 2. Or I just have no clue what those options might be.

16GB goes pretty damn quick as well.

Me too.

you don't think anybody can see you?

Only when I'm naked, obviously.

Here is a link to the program. Much better than my explanations.

BobSac> might be in for Vegas this year. let me know where you guys are crashing and playing werewolf.

PM sent

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

I almost went to Ferris State in Michigan for this - I think it was the first of its kind. It covers what amounts to be small business management, golf course agronomy, and restaurant/resort type management - all with golf applications in mind.

I'm glad I didn't go after working as an assistant at a country club for my 5 years of college. Great time and loved the job, but unless you are at a big resort/club your options for really making money are fairly limited. AND at least a third of the people don't like what ever decision you make on ...whatever - menu, tourney rules, golf cart fees/rules.

Boys started school Thursday so tomorrow Cal has a late start so the teachers can have a workshop or something. It's almost like they didnt just have about 70 days free to do something like that. Tanner?

We're pretty lazy.

:lol:

Seriously, why do they do this? It also seems like they get more days off than when I was in Catholic school. Public school kids always hated us for getting the Festival of Elmer's Glue and Bishop Stinkfinger's birthday off.

No clue. But it's not the teachers...it's the admins.

:thumbup: has to be better than architecture. And you get to wear pastel shorts