What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (12 Viewers)

DA RAIDERS said:
cosjobs said:
cosjobs said:
T&P, kev

On the list of "Uruk's weekends that will not end well because he's an idiot", this one is - I hope - pretty far down the list: Going to pick up a lady I worked with 20+ years ago. She's in town from FLA and is doing a whirlwind tour of her old stomping grounds (we grew up in the same area, too, so added comfort level there :rolleyes: ) and I got the middle portion of her journey. She flew into Pittsburgh to see an old friend, so I'm meeting them half-way for the (snicker) hand off. Then I'm taking her to Maryland tomorrow to drop her with some other friends. She has glorious boobs, is what I'm saying.
I'm in Greensboro and Durham the next seven days. I'd think that's close enough that you should swing down for drinks.
Damn. Wish I could swing that. It's only 3 or 4 hours away and an easy drive, but can't happen this week.I think Idiot Boxer is in Greensboro. So is simey. IB's a Steelers fan, though. Simey is absolutely the coolest person on Earth.
Plan on lunch with simey and NC Commish Monday. Poker with IB Monday night. Lunch with Glumpy when he parks his trailer in the same spot 2 days in a row. Mid week lunch with ChemX. Possible hookup with raider fan if he ever answers my text. Several days scoping out an organic, boutique distillery in chapel hill (TOPO). Thinking of doing one of those in Austin.
What's that? I land early Tuesday morning. Let's get together Tuesday night with IB and whoever
Tuesday's going to be rough for me. Kid's got open house at school and stuff. Might be available late (post 9pm)

Wednesday is wide open, if you're still around.
Wednesday works for me

Yo k4! At my reunion I found out that one of my best friends from high school now lives in Seattle. Corn hole more probable now. Will advise

Found out today my 5 yr old daughter broke her arm. Well, she didnt, my 10 yr old nephew broke it testing a judo move on her when no one was looking. Im pissed but not sure how best to handle it

El Floppo said:
Bob Sacamano said:
Tablet for use by a 4th-5th grader. Mostly for apps, music, and amateur innerwebbing. What should I be looking at?
:blackdot:

wife got something for our kids (4 & 8)- like $60/70 that does all of that, but at a minimal level. minecraft ain't happening on this. When I get home from work later I'll try to remember to figure out what make/model it is. Not sure it's right for an older kid. of course, there's always an older ipad... like "mine" that I never get to use.
kindle fires are pretty cheap and can do lots of stuff :shrug:

El Floppo said:
Bob Sacamano said:
Tablet for use by a 4th-5th grader. Mostly for apps, music, and amateur innerwebbing. What should I be looking at?
:blackdot: wife got something for our kids (4 & 8)- like $60/70 that does all of that, but at a minimal level. minecraft ain't happening on this. When I get home from work later I'll try to remember to figure out what make/model it is. Not sure it's right for an older kid. of course, there's always an older ipad... like "mine" that I never get to use.
kindle fires are pretty cheap and can do lots of stuff :shrug:
We've got a Kindle fire that is used a lot for playing Minecraft and watching videos of people playing Minecraft. Seems to work pretty well for that purpose.

Found out today my 5 yr old daughter broke her arm. Well, she didnt, my 10 yr old nephew broke it testing a judo move on her when no one was looking. Im pissed but not sure how best to handle it
Sounds like the nephew needs to be her personal butler every weekend until she has healed.

I was just told we need to "take it with a grain of assualt". I asked to have that repeated and it came out the exact same way a second time; so it wasn't just a case of misspeaking the first time.

Bob Sacamano said:
Fly Jr. has an ipad mini that's nice. We keep it password protected to manage his time with it (1 hour a day, cause I'm a tech nazi).

We bought an Otter Box for them (basically an indestructible case) and it's been solid. No problems after a year of use.

Not sure what the problem is. You break the nephew's arm and call it even. :shrug:

Yesterday I had three nearly-perfectly-ripe figs on the tree. Tuesdays are when the landscapers come and lo and behold the trio is gone! #whitepeopleproblems

Man, I've been working hard and not going to a lot of lunches or happy hours for like two straight months. It sucks. I need to get this promotion so I can go back to ####### off.

I had a great weekend with the chica I wrote about earlier, but we had a bit of a difference of opinion on the best cheese to top a grilled burger. Not custom cheese, but stuff GM can buy at Rite Aid.

It's Kraft Habenero, no?

I had a great weekend with the chica I wrote about earlier, but we had a bit of a difference of opinion on the best cheese to top a grilled burger. Not custom cheese, but stuff GM can buy at Rite Aid.

It's Kraft Habenero, no?
The sharpest cheddar you can find for me, but spicy cheese is also good.

Not sure what the problem is. You break the nephew's arm and call it even. :shrug:
Have the parents owned up? Your in-laws or the wife's? Not good, I am not proud to say I could possibly hold that against the kid for the rest of his life.

It's Kraft Habenero, no?
The sharpest cheddar you can find for me, but spicy cheese is also good.
I don't think there's a bad cheese for a burger
Really one of your best posts ever Dan.

Yesterday I had three nearly-perfectly-ripe figs on the tree. Tuesdays are when the landscapers come and lo and behold the trio is gone! #whitepeopleproblems
The mother god ####### damn #### sucking landscapers stole a bushel of bananas from my yard a couple weeks ago. My daughter and I were growing them for 6 months. My daughter cried. I wished a pestilence of death upon their entire family. And all the aids, the face kind too. I was irrationally pissed over it

The mother god ####### damn #### sucking landscapers stole a bushel of bananas from my yard a couple weeks ago. My daughter and I were growing them for 6 months. My daughter cried. I wished a pestilence of death upon their entire family. And all the aids, the face kind too. I was irrationally pissed over it
Yes, you have no bananas?

Yes the face kind.

Users who are viewing this thread