What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (23 Viewers)

Oreos*

Cream cheese

Semi sweet bakers chocolate

Bakers wax

Destroy the Oreos. Like put them in a bag and take a 4 iron to them for like 10 minutes until they're just crumbs. Mix with cream cheese and roll into balls, slightly smaller than a golf ball. Put on wax paper in a tray in the freezer for like a half hour

Melt bakers chocolate and wax. Coat Oreo balls with chocolate. Freeze overnight. WA-LA, easy truffles. 1 package each of Oreos and cream cheese should yield a few dozen.

*Shark move is to do a batch with mint Oreos and another with peanut butter
Civilized people have food processors for stuff like this
Well, you're making them golf-ball size, so may as well have the 4-iron around anyway.

How can I winterize a door that is nailed shut from the inside. It's on the 2nd floor and there isn't a deck built yet. Don't have a ladder tall enough to reach the entire door from the outside. Last year i used seal&peel caulk but like I said my ladder only gets me to a foot or so under the door knob. Need to do something from the inside.
They used to have these kits that you tape a sheet of plastic around the door/window frame and then heat the plastic with a hair dryer to shrink it taut.
I use this gel type stuff in a caulk gun on my old windows and doors. It just peels right off in the spring. Pretty sure we had this discussion already too.
I did the gel stuff outside but the smell is too much right now. Unless I can find a really good warm day to air the place outWe had some high winds last night and that's the only spot letting in air. Thought I had it solved last year when I sealed it from the outside. skunds like the seal n peel is my best option
Is the door trimmed out on the inside? Even if it is, take the trim down (band name) and get yo'self a roll/batt of insulation. Cut it into strips and jam as much of it as you can between the door jamb and the nearest stud/header. Then put the trim back up.
The door isn't putting enough pressure on the weather stripping to stop the flow. Thinking of taking this wooden block try used to nail it shut off and applying new stripping. Lazy route is the seek n peal

Oreos*

Cream cheese

Bakers wax

Destroy the Oreos. Like put them in a bag and take a 4 iron to them for like 10 minutes until they're just crumbs. Mix with cream cheese and roll into balls, slightly smaller than a golf ball. Put on wax paper in a tray in the freezer for like a half hour

Melt bakers chocolate and wax. Coat Oreo balls with chocolate. Freeze overnight. WA-LA, easy truffles. 1 package each of Oreos and cream cheese should yield a few dozen.

Added.
Can you put your recipe index in your sig?

Please?
Anything for you, GB.

Oreos*

Cream cheese

Bakers wax

Added.

Please?
Anything for you, GB.
Excellent. I am going to try my best to get to Reiser's soon. :thumbup:

Oreos*

Cream cheese

Bakers wax

Added.

Please?
Anything for you, GB.
Excellent. I am going to try my best to get to Reiser's soon. :thumbup:
Take your time, you seem busy for some reason.

And let me know if you use it for anything other than you can't find your meatball sub recipe on your own.

you know those cake pops they sell at Starbucks? my kids love 'em, especially the peppermint ones they do around Christmas. So last year at Christmas I watched a video and read a recipe online on how to make these stupid cake pops, thinking i'm gonna impress the kids. Basically you bake a cake, add some frosting too it so it'll clump together then shove a stick in it and dip it in hot frosting and let it cool. Pretty simple right? No. In fact i bet rocket science is easier than getting that #### just right. First off, if you add to much frosting to the cake, it tastes like straight up sugar, not cake, actually it tastes like butter with ####loads of sugar poured in it. Then, if you heat the frosting too much and stir it, it hardens like rubber and you can't un-harden it, its just becomes a solid. So then you have to to the damn store and buy more frosting. Then, when you sprinkle the broken up pieces of candy cane on the outside, its basically shards of glass waiting to cut your ####### kids lips and tongue. So here you serve these allegedly easy bake Starbucks cake pops and instead they get little balls of death that taste like #### and cut your ####### mouth up. Merry Christmas kids! #### this I'm going out by myself. Later

you know those cake pops they sell at Starbucks? my kids love 'em, especially the peppermint ones they do around Christmas. So last year at Christmas I watched a video and read a recipe online on how to make these stupid cake pops, thinking i'm gonna impress the kids. Basically you bake a cake, add some frosting too it so it'll clump together then shove a stick in it and dip it in hot frosting and let it cool. Pretty simple right? No. In fact i bet rocket science is easier than getting that #### just right. First off, if you add to much frosting to the cake, it tastes like straight up sugar, not cake, actually it tastes like butter with ####loads of sugar poured in it. Then, if you heat the frosting too much and stir it, it hardens like rubber and you can't un-harden it, its just becomes a solid. So then you have to to the damn store and buy more frosting. Then, when you sprinkle the broken up pieces of candy cane on the outside, its basically shards of glass waiting to cut your ####### kids lips and tongue. So here you serve these allegedly easy bake Starbucks cake pops and instead they get little balls of death that taste like #### and cut your ####### mouth up. Merry Christmas kids! #### this I'm going out by myself. Later
My wife makes these.

Are you using frosting or icing?

I have to tend to my buddy's dog this weekend, making numerous trips to feed and let out a staggeringly dumb spaniel. Still much, much better than going to the Renfair with him.

My wife makes these.
Some kind of pyramid scheme no doubt.

My wife makes these.
No, this isn't like the essential oils or 31 bags. This is more like the knitting or crocheting.

My wife makes these.
We make those - under bake the cake a bit and go easier on the frosting. Dip in those melted choc discs (all colors avail). Decorate. Awesome.

Can anyone recommend really good Italian in the general vicinity of Time Square...?
Take broadway down to Houston, then head back north a few blocks and head a ways east and you should be getting close to little Italy, i think. Used to go to lanzas, just south of soho. Never shook the feeling that someone there was about to get whacked. And the red gravy was magnificent.

For those that don't venture much into the Vasectomy in the AM thread....

So............I dropped off my 'specimen' today. I *THOUGHT* I would just waltz in, knock three times on a secret door, hand off my deposit, and vacate like a guy robbing a bank. That's not what happened at all.

You have 60 minutes to load the cup and get it to the lab. From the moment I dribbled my venom into the plastic jar it felt like one of those movies where I was racing against a bomb timer and every possible obstacle that could stand in my way appeared out of no-where. Knocks on the bathroom door interrupting my solo dance? Check. My daughter wanting me to color with her before leaving the house? Check. Bad traffic? Check.

With 30 minutes to spare, I waltzed into the clinic, asked the front desk where I could drop off my 'sample' and was told to check in with the lab and have a seat. A seat??? Nobody told me about a seat. Certainly not a seat in a crowded waiting room where all eyes seemed to focus in on the clear ziplock bag containing a see-thru cup that wasn't holding much of anything except a small glob of splooge. I think I saw some woman clutch her daughter closer to her as if I was going to start throwing it around like Miggs from Silence of the Lambs.

What made matters worse was this high-strung bald dude who made a scene because he was waiting for TWENTY WHOLE MINUTES to get his blood drawn. Up and down he paced, yelling at the front desk, demanding to speak to - and I'm not making this up - an ombudsman. :lmao: I thought for years that was just some made up term by Mr. Pickles, but no no, this man repeated his request to speak to an ombudsman who could help advocate on his behalf. He made this commotion right in front of me, so whatever eyes were averted from my cup of goo were now squarely on the agitated man and the poor sonuvabeech behind him holding his jism.

Finally, a large lady emerged from the lab and in a voice that cut through fog said "FORREST!" I stood up, lowered my voice and said "hi, here's my sample", hoping she would pick up on the verbal cue to lower her voice. Oh no, Betty Humpter then blurted out for everybody to hear "WHEN DID YOU DO THE EJACULATION?" Ugh. I whispered out 7:45am and then hauled assssssss out of there. I contemplated kicking over a rope stand and throwing pennies, but I just got in my car and cried a little.
Easier to just have more kids IMO.
He's got a basketball lineup, what's next? Go for a baseball or football lineup?
I think if you have enough of them, they just all take care of themselves. Like a self sustaining something-or-other.
My dad was #7 of 11 kids. They were spread out over like 25 years though, so by the time my dad was born my oldest aunts were already out of the house with kids of their own. If you double up like GM, then you might be able to achieve the self sustaining household.I have a friend with 6 boys under 10 years old I think.
You think you have a friend?

You want more awkward? We've had sex exactly twice since the twins were born. I'm so mother freaking terrified of impregnating my wife even after the snip job that I lost an erection once and had to fake the big O the other time because it just wasn't coming, no pun intended. I mean, I'm a lousy lover ordinarily, but now I'm just a mental mess to boot. Hoping the sample is negative so I can at least just return to normal bad sex with an ending vs bad sex that's like an episode of Lost.
If I were in your place I'd wear a condom, put my wife on the Pill, and still pull out.
Wtf? Did you just conjecturely screw gms wife?

maybe this will cheer you up

Easyish dessert for 90

Slice a couple flats of strawberries and soak in a sweetish champagne/prosecco/semillon dessert wine.

Make whipped cream with same wine added

Fold together, put in martini or other fancy glasses

Serve with chosen wine

Optional - You can add a lady finger or madeleine to the glass of strawberries or crumble some almond cake or similar on top.

Get a few bags of ginger snaps, a pineapple, a bunch of cream cheese, habenjero jelly and pickled jalepenos

Smash pineapple and mix with cream cheese. Spread on top of each ginger snap. Top with a little jelly and a jalepeno slice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too K4. I'd be interested/maybe encourage in/by a conversation about survivors, stories of heroism, updates about the actual story. Instead it turns into liberal/conservative #####fest. So exhausting. TPW for France, and for innocents everywhere. Lots of people suck.

maybe this will cheer you up

Easyish dessert for 90

Slice a couple flats of strawberries and soak in a sweetish champagne/prosecco/semillon dessert wine.

Make whipped cream with same wine added

Fold together, put in martini or other fancy glasses

Serve with chosen wine

Optional - You can add a lady finger or madeleine to the glass of strawberries or crumble some almond cake or similar on top.

Get a few bags of ginger snaps, a pineapple, a bunch of cream cheese, habenjero jelly and pickled jalepenos

Smash pineapple and mix with cream cheese. Spread on top of each ginger snap. Top with a little jelly and a jalepeno slice.
I love the jelly and jalapeno slice part.

After all this, I got lazy and/or depressed and just bought a dozen pies. We will be making homemade whipped cream. But #### it, pies.

Users who are viewing this thread