Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

One of my employees (report of a report) is one of those people who repeats the last word of any sentence you say.

Example?

"I want you to go and do that thing"

before I am done saying thing is completed, he says, "thing"

"Make sure you talk to the right guys first"

"first"

"And I need you to do it by Thursday"

"Thursday"

That's really weird.

One of my employees (report of a report) is one of those people who repeats the last word of any sentence you say.

Example?

"I want you to go and do that thing"

before I am done saying thing is completed, he says, "thing"

"Make sure you talk to the right guys first"

"first"

"And I need you to do it by Thursday"

"Thursday"

That's really weird.

weird

• Like 1

I enjoy the Dixie Chicks music. Not all songs, but they scratch me where I itch. Musical acts say political statements all the time...I don't see a giant boycott over U2 who mixed politics with music for decades. The Dixie Chicks were ####### right, too. GW's war was a horrendous mistake. It helped fuel ISIS. Nothing good came out of it.

My wife is beyond excited about this Dixie Chicks thing. I don't know how much I'm going to pay for tickets, but I'm sure it will be the most expensive thing we can find.

Mine as well. I reminded her, that she hates concerts. It had no effect.

I enjoy the Dixie Chicks music. Not all songs, but they scratch me where I itch. Musical acts say political statements all the time...I don't see a giant boycott over U2 who mixed politics with music for decades. The Dixie Chicks were ####### right, too. GW's war was a horrendous mistake. It helped fuel ISIS. Nothing good came out of it.

Big difference though. U2 is an Irish band with a rather diverse group of fans. Dixie Chicks are an American country act. Country fans aren't exactly known for their liberal slant on things. The Dixie Chicks bit the hand that fed them.

And that makes me love them even harder.

Do you remember all the horrible patriotic themed country crap we were forced to endure post 911?

Big difference though. U2 is an Irish band with a rather diverse group of fans. Dixie Chicks are an American country act. Country fans aren't exactly known for their liberal slant on things. The Dixie Chicks bit the hand that fed them.

Do you remember all the horrible patriotic themed country crap we were forced to endure post 911?

JFC: I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with what "they" said. I was just pointing out that as a country act they should have known (or they did know) they were going to alienate some fans and cause a backlash. Sheesh.

Of course one of the only voices of reason in the whole mess was a man from God's Country

One exception to the list of Dixie Chicks opponents was country musician and vociferous Iraq war opponent Merle Haggard, who in the summer of 2003 released a song critical of US media coverage of the Iraq War. On July 25, 2003, the Associated Press reported him saying:

I don't even know the Dixie Chicks, but I find it an insult for all the men and women who fought and died in past wars when almost the majority of America jumped down their throats for voicing an opinion. It was like a verbal witch-hunt and lynching.[50][51]

This was my favorite

http://youtu.be/rjsW_B4eZTc

• Like 1

My wife is beyond excited about this Dixie Chicks thing. I don't know how much I'm going to pay for tickets, but I'm sure it will be the most expensive thing we can find.

Oh cool. We got "presale" tickets though some online deal. Pretty sure I'm going to have to sell two boys into slave labor to afford them.

This was my favorite

Sometime around Thanksgiving or Christmas 2001 I got yelled at by my brother-in-law's mother because I dared to talk while Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" played on the TV before a football game.

This was my favorite

Sometime around Thanksgiving or Christmas 2001 I got yelled at by my brother-in-law's mother because I dared to talk while Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA" played on the TV before a football game.

At least you know you are free

• Like 1

This was my favorite

Did you get rough with her?

• Like 1

This was my favorite

Did you get rough with her?

No. Think I should have?

This was my favorite

Came here to post this ...:lmao:

Just guessing, but I'd bet you can find better and cheaper seats to a Dixie Chicks concert in orange county than bentley can in Austin.

Just guessing, but I'd bet you can find better and cheaper seats to a Dixie Chicks concert in orange county than bentley can in Austin.

pretty sure their are plenty of country music fans in SoCal I'm sure it will more than it should be.

my wife went that stupid stagecoach deal last year. Hated it. Didn't even go to day 3. Her friend already bought her tickets for next year. :mellow: so stupid

I enjoy the Dixie Chicks music. Not all songs, but they scratch me where I itch.

Your va9ina?

Yes, Tanner. My musical taste buds are satiated in my wagina when Wide Open Spaces comes on over the airwaves.

Is that a Dixie Chicks song?

I know the girl that wrote that song and won a Grammy for it. Let's just say she doesn't have to set an alarm to go to work anymore

• Like 1

I enjoy the Dixie Chicks music. Not all songs, but they scratch me where I itch.

Your va9ina?

Yes, Tanner. My musical taste buds are satiated in my wagina when Wide Open Spaces comes on over the airwaves.

I know the girl that wrote that song and won a Grammy for it. Let's just say she doesn't have to set an alarm to go to work anymore

I don't doubt it.

Your va9ina?

Is it because she's a prostitute?

• Like 1

Of course one of the only voices of reason in the whole mess was a man from God's Country

One exception to the list of Dixie Chicks opponents was country musician and vociferous Iraq war opponent Merle Haggard, who in the summer of 2003 released a song critical of US media coverage of the Iraq War. On July 25, 2003, the Associated Press reported him saying:

I don't even know the Dixie Chicks, but I find it an insult for all the men and women who fought and died in past wars when almost the majority of America jumped down their throats for voicing an opinion. It was like a verbal witch-hunt and lynching.

Pretty interesting coming from him.

Old GMTAN: A Couple of years ago I mentioned my cousin's wife who, at 40 years old and otherwise the healthiest person I knew, was battling a particularly aggressive and awful cancer. She went through some horrible treatments but came out the other side.

Cancer has returned and is everywhere. Hospice called. Plz send a few TPW to Jody, who is as lovely a person as I've known, and to my cousin Bryan.

Edited by krista4