Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

Old GMTAN: A Couple of years ago I mentioned my cousin's wife who, at 40 years old and otherwise the healthiest person I knew, was battling a particularly aggressive and awful cancer. She went through some horrible treatments but came out the other side.

Cancer has returned and is everywhere. Hospice called. Plz send a few TPW to Jody, who is as lovely a person as I've known, and to my cousin Bryan.

Will do. I'll take a drink for both. Sorry Krista.

• Like 1

Old GMTAN: A Couple of years ago I mentioned my cousin's wife who, at 40 years old and otherwise the healthiest person I knew, was battling a particularly aggressive and awful cancer. She went through some horrible treatments but came out the other side.

Cancer has returned and is everywhere. Hospice called. Plz send a few TPW to Jody, who is as lovely a person as I've known, and to my cousin Bryan.

Dammmit

GD it. TPW for Jody and Bryan and krista.

So sorry to hear K4. Every time I hear of something like this, it reminds me of how much I take time for granted. It's the most precious resource we have and using it wisely is the most important thing we do.

So true. It's always hindsight/regret.

I finished reading the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo book series yesterday, and while I enjoyed it on the whole, some writers really need to learn that too much detail can really big a story down. You'd have to be autistic to enjoy reading a 5 page section detailing a character's shopping trip to Ikea down go exact descriptions of every piece of furniture, the Ikea design family it's in and exactly how much each piece cost in kroners. It was insane how anytime any character bought something, the author insisted on telling the reader exactly how much that item cost.

I enjoy the Dixie Chicks music. Not all songs, but they scratch me where I itch. Musical acts say political statements all the time...I don't see a giant boycott over U2 who mixed politics with music for decades. The Dixie Chicks were ####### right, too. GW's war was a horrendous mistake. It helped fuel ISIS. Nothing good came out of it.

My wife is beyond excited about this Dixie Chicks thing. I don't know how much I'm going to pay for tickets, but I'm sure it will be the most expensive thing we can find.
Mine as well. I reminded her, that she hates concerts. It had no effect.
Just guessing, but I'd bet you can find better and cheaper seats to a Dixie Chicks concert in orange county than bentley can in Austin.
pretty sure their are plenty of country music fans in SoCal I'm sure it will more than it should be.

my wife went that stupid stagecoach deal last year. Hated it. Didn't even go to day 3. Her friend already bought her tickets for next year. :mellow: so stupid

Was referring more to the liberal leaning than the country

Sorry to hear K4. TPW for Jody, Brian and your family. #### cancer.

ok... dunno what got me thinking about him, I think saw the word schizophrenia somewhere this morning... but I decided to look up an old HS acquaintance (was the lead guitarist in my HS band) who had reached out to me via FB years ago with some sad/strange requests to break him out of an unnamed institution where he was being held against his will and without cause (according to him). google turned up this. if not for the previous exchange, and my history with him- extremely smart, sweet, thoughtful, motivated (and decent guitar player)- I'd be giggling. eta: now I'm just bummed out.

Edited by El Floppo

ok... dunno what got me thinking about him, I think saw the word schizophrenia somewhere this morning... but I decided to look up an old HS acquaintance (was the lead guitarist in my HS band) who had reached out to me via FB years ago with some sad/strange requests to break him out of an unnamed institution where he was being held against his will and without cause (according to him). google turned up this. if not for the previous exchange, and my history with him- extremely smart, sweet, thoughtful, motivated (and decent guitar player)- I'd be giggling. eta: now I'm just bummed out.

UrbanphotoZ PRO 3y

And I thought "tin foil hats" was a euphemism. :oldunsure:

Sorry GB. :(

Thoughts and prayers their way Krista.

So sorry...... #### cancer

I just learned that Jody died a couple of hours ago. This all happened unbelievably quickly. Thanks for keeping these folks in your TPW. #### cancer, indeed.

sorry for your loss, Krista.

semi-related: I was just reading about Doug Flutie. This morning his father, who had been hospitalized for a heart condition, passed away. An hour later his mother died of a heart attack.

:thanks posty:

I just learned that Jody died a couple of hours ago. This all happened unbelievably quickly. Thanks for keeping these folks in your TPW. #### cancer, indeed.

semi-related: I was just reading about Doug Flutie. This morning his father, who had been hospitalized for a heart condition, passed away. An hour later his mother died of a heart attack.

Man. :( So sorry for your loss K4. :(

Yeah, me too.

Yeah, me too.

:(

sorry to hear the news K4