Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

She'll be 15 in June. No idea how far along she is. And it sounds terrible but this isn't really a surprise. From what I understand this girl's mother is a piece of work.

Is it odd that, 1/2 way through the school year, you haven't met the mother yet?

• Replies 87k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Posted Images

We're halfway through a school year, and I just met my kid's teacher for the first time at P-T conference. Of course, I'm also a piece of work, so...

Assumed they (P-T) were closer to the midpoint of each semester.

She'll be 15 in June. No idea how far along she is. And it sounds terrible but this isn't really a surprise. From what I understand this girl's mother is a piece of work.

Is it odd that, 1/2 way through the school year, you haven't met the mother yet?

I don't think she's a real helicopter parent.

I have never been to a parent-teacher conference. Roverkid is in middle school. Is that bad?

Should you at least go to see if teacher is a HPOA?

She's not. Her fourth grade teacher was, but I would run into her at happy hour from time to time, so I figured that was good enough. I live in a pretty small town.

I have never been to a parent-teacher conference. Roverkid is in middle school. Is that bad?

Does the ex go? Is it even needed? I don't see why anyone should waste their time when its a honor role student with no discipline issues.

If your kid is doing well and not a pain in the ### then it is not bad.

We do PT conferences at the end of Sept which is about 6 weeks into the school year. Every parent is given an appointment time to show up (M-F 1:30-3:30). I'd guess that about 70% of the parents show up.

Of those people probably 80% are parents that I don't really need to see "Well, Kannon has a 98% in my class and is very well behaved....".

Another 10% are parents of kids that are doing OK but need to improve in some area(s).

The other 10% are people that I really need to talk to "Mickenzee has a 12% because she hasn't turned in anything and has failed both tests..."

Not a surprise at all.

I do know that a few months ago the mom drove the daughter to Taco Bell so she could fight another girl over some social media beef.

I do know that a few months ago the mom drove the daughter to Taco Bell so she could fight another girl over some social media beef.

Probably the closest beef has actually come to that chain.

• Like 5

We do PT conferences at the end of Sept which is about 6 weeks into the school year. Every parent is given an appointment time to show up (M-F 1:30-3:30). I'd guess that about 70% of the parents show up.

Of those people probably 80% are parents that I don't really need to see "Well, Kannon has a 98% in my class and is very well behaved....".

Another 10% are parents of kids that are doing OK but need to improve in some area(s).

The other 10% are people that I really need to talk to "Mickenzee has a 12% because she hasn't turned in anything and has failed both tests..."

Not a surprise at all.

This is my thought. Seems like a waste of a teacher's time for me to schedule a 15 minute appointment to have them say, "Your kid gets straight A's and is pretty quiet."

I run into them from time to time when I pick her up, and they email pretty frequently. I figured that was good.

When her mom was getting remarried and again when she thought she might have ovarian cancer I let her teacher at the time know so they could keep an eye on her to see if she was acting out of character.

Pulled some data for our Supernintendo. He wants to put together some sort of Promise Program to pay for a couple years of college for students that stay in our district from grades 1 through 12. There's already a program that will do that for a couple of area districts (ours included) if students are free/reduced lunch. He wants this to hit kids who are over-income for that.

Anyway, so far our current high school classes look to have about 30-35% who have been with us all the way from grade1. Conversely, about 10% of each class has never completed a year of school with us. These numbers make me sad because I think probably 75% of my first grade home room graduated with me or a year later if they repeated a grade.

Maybe these numbers aren't out of line with the national average, but it certainly highlights the transient nature of our current enrollment.

She may have a slight gambling issue. She loves the track, and the kid is a wizard at picking horses. Last week she asked me when opening day was.

Let's do another get-together there! It was fun.

(And I too was a straight-As, quiet kid with parents who didn't attend the conferences. Didn't have a gambling problem, though.)

I go to every parent teacher conference.

I know my kids are good kids- I go because it's important to me to make sure I know the teachers "get" my kids- as people and students. So far so good, but I've heard enough stories of this not being the case so I figure a few minutes of my time to scope out where my kids spend most of their time is a no-brainer. but I guess that makes me uncool.

• Like 1

She may have a slight gambling issue. She loves the track, and the kid is a wizard at picking horses. Last week she asked me when opening day was.

(And I too was a straight-As, quiet kid with parents who didn't attend the conferences. Didn't have a gambling problem, though.)

opening day is April 9. If we plan this for the next three months we can drive Tanner nuts and maybe get half a dozen people on board.

I go to every parent teacher conference.

I know my kids are good kids- I go because it's important to me to make sure I know the teachers "get" my kids- as people and students. So far so good, but I've heard enough stories of this not being the case so I figure a few minutes of my time to scope out where my kids spend most of their time is a no-brainer. but I guess that makes me uncool.

We only have 1/yr, right around the new year. My wife knows everybody at that school, so I'm comfortable being the ####ty parent.

omg! my kid loves the track and likely has a budding gambling problem too.

Now if he just didn't warrant me or his mom attending parent teacher conferences.

Edited by Limp Ditka

opening day is April 9. If we plan this for the next three months we can drive Tanner nuts and maybe get half a dozen people on board.

:confused:

Anyway, we should do it. April 9 or another time shortly thereafter.

Maybe April 9th is when Tanner has P-Ts scheduled

Not a surprise at all.

This is my thought. Seems like a waste of a teacher's time for me to schedule a 15 minute appointment to have them say, "Your kid gets straight A's and is pretty quiet."

I run into them from time to time when I pick her up, and they email pretty frequently. I figured that was good.

When her mom was getting remarried and again when she thought she might have ovarian cancer I let her teacher at the time know so they could keep an eye on her to see if she was acting out of character.

:thumbup:

Maybe April 9th is when Tanner has P-Ts scheduled

What the #### are you cockjockeys talking about?

A couple weeks back, my wife bought a Kerrygold "gift set" at the liquor store with a bottle of Irish Cream and a box of chocolates. Last night my daughter saw both in the kitchen and asked if the chocolates had alcohol in them, too.

Her brother, with perfect timing: "Oh, just because they're IRISH!"

eta - :lmao:

Edited by heckmanm

Fun. Got an email from my daughter's school that they have a confirmed case of whooping cough. Thanks Jenny McCarthy!

So, if your kids are immunized, what's the problem?

It's not likely, but it's still possible to get pertussis despite being immunized. Especially if a kid has problems with their immune system.

Dear Dr's Office

When you leave a voicemail to tell me that you have an earlier appointment for my son available, how about telling me what time that appointment is on that voicemail? It would save all of us, especially me, the customer, a lot of time.

Instead

I need to call you back and wait on hold for 10 minutes.

Now that you've answered, you need to look up my son's file again

Now that you've looked up my son's file again, you need to look up the available times again

Now that I have the available times, I need to call my wife and see if there are any conflicts at that time

Now that I know my son can't make it tomorrow, I'm not going to bother calling you back because I've already wasted about 15 minutes of my time. I'm not about to turn it into 20-25

• Like 1

Everyone's busy debating pizza and ####ty Oscar movies and The Best Rap Lyrics (you'll love that one)

She licked my #### up and down like it was corn on the cob?

My knowledge of rap is pretty much limited to the 70s and early 80s, so I stayed out of that thread.

Any Blowfly lyrics make it?

Dear Dr's Office

When you leave a voicemail to tell me that you have an earlier appointment for my son available, how about telling me what time that appointment is on that voicemail? It would save all of us, especially me, the customer, a lot of time.

Instead

Now that you've looked up my son's file again, you need to look up the available times again

Now that I have the available times, I need to call my wife and see if there are any conflicts at that time

Now that I know my son can't make it tomorrow, I'm not going to bother calling you back because I've already wasted about 15 minutes of my time. I'm not about to turn it into 20-25

Sounds like a you

Dear Dr's Office

Instead

That sounds like a super big problem. And super big problems need us. The super readers.