What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

A thousand pardons, GM. Despite what NF's website says, it's not available through NF on my Roku box. However, it is available through Amazon, Hulu, Vudu, and Google, so depending on how you access streaming services, maybe you have access to one of those and can get it there.
Well that was very nice of you. We bought a new TV this summer with Roku built in. I see Hulu on there, so maybe I'll try to look there tonight. I'm not sure why Netflix needs to have different branches of service
Netflix has what now?
I have no idea that I'm saying.

I thought Netflix gave you access to movies. It does and it doesn't. Apparently the movie I want to watch is on Hulu. I don't know what that is...assume some arm of Netflix, I dunno and I don't really ####### care. I pay for Netflix, I was hoping it would have movies I want to watch. That's not the case really. If I have to pay Hulu to watch a movie, I probably just won't. I liked it better when I could just go to the store and rent something in person.
All of the services don't offer ALL movies. There's a lot of overlap I'm sure, but also some degree of exclusivity, especially with newer movies.

ETA - one nice thing with the Roku software is that it has a search feature that will tell you all of the different providers that have a movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
A thousand pardons, GM. Despite what NF's website says, it's not available through NF on my Roku box. However, it is available through Amazon, Hulu, Vudu, and Google, so depending on how you access streaming services, maybe you have access to one of those and can get it there.
Well that was very nice of you. We bought a new TV this summer with Roku built in. I see Hulu on there, so maybe I'll try to look there tonight. I'm not sure why Netflix needs to have different branches of service
Netflix has what now?

I thought Netflix gave you access to movies. It does and it doesn't. Apparently the movie I want to watch is on Hulu. I don't know what that is...assume some arm of Netflix, I dunno and I don't really ####### care. I pay for Netflix, I was hoping it would have movies I want to watch. That's not the case really. If I have to pay Hulu to watch a movie, I probably just won't. I liked it better when I could just go to the store and rent something in person.
You are like a really old person when it comes to technology.

http://kill10minutes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Screen-shot-2013-07-03-at-7.45.56-AM.jpg

Netflix has what now?

Netflix & Amazon Prime (& maybe Hulu too, though I don't use them) have rotating inventories of movies based, if I understand correctly, on contracts with the owners of the films. So, one month Netflix may have Wolf Of Wall St and the next Prime may have it. There are articles every month on a lot of the pop culture web sites on the order of "What's new on Netflix this month?" And "What's leaving Netflix in February".

Netflix has what now?

All of the services don't offer ALL movies. There's a lot of overlap I'm sure, but also some degree of exclusivity, especially with newer movies.

ETA - one nice thing with the Roku software is that it has a search feature that will tell you all of the different providers that have a movie.
GM:

Netflix has an "all you can eat" business model. Flat fee, watch whatever they have. But they don't have everything and what they do have rotates often.

Amazon has a mix of that (Amazon Prime titles) and rental/purchase options.

Not sure about Hulu.

So this Netflix thing you dorks were all making fun of me over....turned it on tonight and searched for the movie Wolf of Wallstreet as I heard it was decent and recall it being available on Netflix. Guess what they don't have?

Neat invention.
Don't watch Wolf of Wallstreet unless you are prepared to be horny, jealous, horny, angry, jealous, horny, angry.
I have worked on Wallstreet (sort of) since 1999. My whole life is horny, jealous, horny, angry, jealous, horny, angry.
You sure it's not horny, horny, horny, horny, horny, horny?
Bob gets angrier about guys ripping off the system than most people here. Always has. I'm way on the other end of that spectrum and when I watch it I'm laughing horny laughing horny nervous horny laughing upset then at the end I'm like whoa is that really what those guys get away with? But during the movie I just enjoyed it like he was the hero, kind of like Blow.
The "anger" is more "exreme jealously", really.

So this Netflix thing you dorks were all making fun of me over....turned it on tonight and searched for the movie Wolf of Wallstreet as I heard it was decent and recall it being available on Netflix. Guess what they don't have?

Neat invention.
Don't watch Wolf of Wallstreet unless you are prepared to be horny, jealous, horny, angry, jealous, horny, angry.
I have worked on Wallstreet (sort of) since 1999. My whole life is horny, jealous, horny, angry, jealous, horny, angry.
You sure it's not horny, horny, horny, horny, horny, horny?
After the twins, I have less interest in sex than Janet Yellin.
I don't know whether this means that you have less interest in sex than Janet Yellin does, or you have less interest in sex than you have interest in Janet Yellin.
I am in no physical condition to be judgy, but I just assumed this woman had as much interest in sexual intercourse as I do, which is to say, none at all. She has that "life has beaten me down to the point where I just don't even look in a mirror anymore" countenance about her.
Not an O face?

we have an old, repeat client that needs the bath in their NYC Park Ave Master Bath replaced with a shower. We did the original apartment 10 years ago (before I started working for the company). very high end.

this is a tough project- waaaaaaaay too small to typically get good contractors in, but way too high-end to screw around with a typical handyman/small outfit; it will be very easy to screw up, and pretty tough to make money on. we were fortunate to get two bids from part of our usual high end stable of contractors.

replace bath with shower (including waterproofing, new stone shower surround, shower glass and shower plumbing fixtures)...first bid just cam in- guess how much .

These fish don't seem nearly as interested in fresh shrimp as I was last night.

Three hours and I haven't even lost a bait

we have an old, repeat client that needs the bath in their NYC Park Ave Master Bath replaced with a shower. We did the original apartment 10 years ago (before I started working for the company). very high end.

this is a tough project- waaaaaaaay too small to typically get good contractors in, but way too high-end to screw around with a typical handyman/small outfit; it will be very easy to screw up, and pretty tough to make money on. we were fortunate to get two bids from part of our usual high end stable of contractors.

replace bath with shower (including waterproofing, new stone shower surround, shower glass and shower plumbing fixtures)...first bid just cam in- guess how much .
2 scarfs and 1 month of private cello lessons.
wrong.

El Floppo said:

$30K?

General Malaise said:
Mr. Pickles said:
General Malaise said:
Aerial Assault said:
Netflix has what now?

Hulu is awful. And unaffiliated, to my knowledge, with either Amazon or Netflix.

General Malaise said:
Dan Lambskin said:
Good news...my #### is fine
Excellent. And I'm pleased to report just mild to moderate diarehahaah today. Better than Mon/Tue and certainly not what one would expect from week old shrimp food poisoning.
I think this update would be better if you spelled it diorrhea.

El Floppo said:

$30K?
Jesus. Otis could get six trees planted for that.

El Floppo said:

25 racks

El Floppo said:

I converted a half bath to a 3/4 by adding a shower. Nice oversized enclosed, stone, with thick glass door it required teeing off the plumbing on the other side of the wall where the washer dryer was, moving them four feet replacing a couple walls, jackhammering about four of concrete foundation,replacing the 220 for the dryer with gas, probably about $13000.

Fat Drunk and Stupid said:
El Floppo said:
Fat Drunk and Stupid said:
El Floppo said:

2 scarfs and 1 month of private cello lessons.
wrong.
You sure?
no :(

You can get a reasonably nice total bathroom remodel for 20k.

What kind of stone, fixtures etc? ####### Antartic shale sourced from below a glacier inlaid with virgin pubes?

General Malaise said:
Mr. Pickles said:
General Malaise said:
Aerial Assault said:
Netflix has what now?

No . . . your Roku box (or Roku installed in your TV) gives you access to various streaming services, of which Netflix is one. Hulu is another. They're competitors. Think of Roku as a gateway to streaming, with Netflix only one potential option. When I checked my Roku (which is brand new - having a blast with it) this morning for Wolf, the search function showed it as available on several services - just not Netflix. However, Hulu, I think, is free, and as many here mentioned, if you ever buy anything from your Pacific Northwest buddies up at Amazon, Amazon Prime is an excellent deal and will give you access to Wolf and many other movies for free.

Short answer, you can watch this movie. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

cosjobs said:
My understanding is hulu free is a bunch of old tv shows you wouldn't want to watch and hulu plus plays network shows the next day, as well as previous episodes. If you don't have on demand or a dvr,I guess it could be useful

El Floppo said:

$30K?

PSA: The new Girl Scout cookies called "Toffee-tastic" are, indeed, something-tastic.

Users who are viewing this thread