What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (9 Viewers)

Wait, Rite Aid is just a Walgreen's type store? Now literally a Walgreen's? This is GM's bastion of shopping?

On October 27, 2015, Walgreens announced that it would acquire Rite Aid in a deal valued at $9.4 billion ($9 per share), pending regulatory and shareholder approval. The deal will result in a merger of two of the United States' three largest pharmacy chains. Walgreens plans to keep the Rite Aid name on existing locations once the deal goes through.
Best beer prices in the city, brohemian.
How is the overall shopper health and fitness? I've seen some bad stuff at Walgreen's.

I have no real qualms with IKEA, but someone on Twitter pointed out that all thier products sound like rejected Pokemon names

Also last time I went there I spent 3 hours picking out an entertainment center and almost murdered my wife, but the horse meatballs are tasty so it balanced out

Wait, Rite Aid is just a Walgreen's type store? Now literally a Walgreen's? This is GM's bastion of shopping?

On October 27, 2015, Walgreens announced that it would acquire Rite Aid in a deal valued at $9.4 billion ($9 per share), pending regulatory and shareholder approval. The deal will result in a merger of two of the United States' three largest pharmacy chains. Walgreens plans to keep the Rite Aid name on existing locations once the deal goes through.
Best beer prices in the city, brohemian.
How is the overall shopper health and fitness? I've seen some bad stuff at Walgreen's.
It goes down quite a bit when I step in there. :bag:

It's like the KMart of the drugstore world...Walgreens is much nicer

Walgreens

CVS

Rite-Aid

I don't get the point you're making here. How does that show us that Costco shoppers are fatter than everywhere else and all riding around on scooters because they are too heavy to walk?
That was Tommy's point. My aggravation has less to do with the size of the people and more to do with the lollygagging nature of other patrons who make it difficult to maneuver. Also not a fan of long lines to pay.

But to say there are no scooters nor fat people at Costco is pretty silly. They're at Costco just like they are everywhere else. Are there more at Walmart? Sure, but there's also no cover charge at Walmart and while I'm not sure about this, I would bet there are many more Walmart stores in America.

I am member of Costco. I will go to to Costco. I just find it to be a hassle compared to other shopping experiences.
nobody said there are "no fat people at Costco". pretty sure the ridiculous statement that Costco shoppers (including women and children) average 250 pounds and are heavier than shoppers at every other retailer is what started this whole conversation.

I love the japanese.

tokyo dog show, where minecraft rulez.

eta: that white poodle? :lmao:

eta: I'll probably save this post for later- due to the major walmart whatever thing that's going on in here right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was Tommy's point. My aggravation has less to do with the size of the people and more to do with the lollygagging nature of other patrons who make it difficult to maneuver. Also not a fan of long lines to pay.
Now this I can get behind... Sat/Sunday afternoon at Costco can be pretty nerve wracking if you're in a hurry.

Thankfully the average Costco employee's IQ is about 37 points higher than the average Sam's employee, so the lines move reasonably quickly.
No doubt the employees are better. They take care of their people for sure.

Walgreens

CVS

Rite-Aid
I hope your wife talks you to death.

Actually, I bought my sectional sofa from Costco, as well as our recliner. Couldn't be any happier than I am with their line of furniture. Sofa is sturdy and versatile. Might even buy another one for our front room.
Look at me, I have more than one room!!!
is it a living room, a courting parlor, a solarium, a study, a library, we just don't know. Why the cryptic designation?

Walgreens

CVS

Rite-Aid
SHOTS FIRED

shopping at Costco on the weekend is almost always a mistake.

if you go often enough, you can be in and out in less than an hour during a weekday evening. even better to go close to closing time as it's usually pretty empty with no lines.

:shrug: I go there to buy a gallon of milk and some eggs when we are out. takes about 15 minutes tops.

if you go often enough, you can be in and out in less than an hour during a weekday evening. even better to go close to closing time as it's usually pretty empty with no lines.

:shrug: I go there to buy a gallon of milk and some eggs when we are out. takes about 15 minutes tops.
Never go on Super Bowl Sunday. (duh)

On the other hand, we went about a week before Christmas and it was a piece of cake.

Because we arrived about 6:30 PM on a Friday night. Great social life, huh? :kicksrock:

IKEA would makes a lot more money if they sold beer. I would be a lot more willing to go. I can't be the only guy that likes to shop with a buzz.

:goodposting: . if I don't have the GF in tow (who is apparently genetically predisposed to touch every single item in their generally abysmal clothing selection...every time), I can usually hit the meats, veggies, and a food aisle or two (spices, condiments, etc) and be in line within 10 mins max. Like you said, outside peak times lines aren't bad.

I don't get the point you're making here. How does that show us that Costco shoppers are fatter than everywhere else and all riding around on scooters because they are too heavy to walk?

But to say there are no scooters nor fat people at Costco is pretty silly. They're at Costco just like they are everywhere else. Are there more at Walmart? Sure, but there's also no cover charge at Walmart and while I'm not sure about this, I would bet there are many more Walmart stores in America.

I am member of Costco. I will go to to Costco. I just find it to be a hassle compared to other shopping experiences.
nobody said there are "no fat people at Costco". pretty sure the ridiculous statement that Costco shoppers (including women and children) average 250 pounds and are heavier than shoppers at every other retailer is what started this whole conversation.
To be fair to Tommy, his Costco (I'm assuming SE 84th?) isn't exactly in the heartland of physical fitness.

The one close to me isn't littered with fat people, but it is heavily populated by a certain ethnic classification of humans who fairly or unfairly have a stigma of being rather poor drivers. That stereotype tends to extend to their shopping cart behavior, which makes it rather difficult navigate at times. In addition, the general lack of awareness about personal space which some people tend to cherish is on full display at this particular Costco, which can be a tad obnoxious. I've been in mosh pits with less human contact.

I live across the street from a CVS. Super convenient if I need something fast, but I can't imagine shopping there on any kind of regular basis. All of the food items on the shelf are typically past their expiration date. There's no employees around and all the registers are self-checkout, so it's pretty fun when you're waiting in line behind someone who can't figure out how to use it. The markup on just about everything they carry is through the roof too.

Drug stores are pretty much the worst.

Actually, I bought my sectional sofa from Costco, as well as our recliner. Couldn't be any happier than I am with their line of furniture. Sofa is sturdy and versatile. Might even buy another one for our front room.
Look at me, I have more than one room!!!
is it a living room, a courting parlor, a solarium, a study, a library, we just don't know. Why the cryptic designation?
NOBODY KNOWS!

I've never been a huge fan of Costco or Sam's. The slightly lower prices on some things don't justify making a special trip when there are 2 grocery stores 1/4 mile away.

I live across the street from a CVS. Super convenient if I need something fast, but I can't imagine shopping there on any kind of regular basis. All of the food items on the shelf are typically past their expiration date. There's no employees around and all the registers are self-checkout, so it's pretty fun when you're waiting line behind someone who can't figure out how to use it. The markup on just about everything they carry is through the roof.

Drug stores are pretty much the worst.
It's where I buy most of my beer and wine. Their prices and selection are ideal for me. I also get nice parking spot, know all the employees and never ever have to wait in any kind of long line. I'm in and out of there quickly and with the comfort knowing I saved money on my booze purchase.

I've never been a huge fan of Costco or Sam's. The slightly lower prices on some things don't justify making a special trip when there are 2 grocery stores 1/4 mile away.
But they're so nice to me there. And the grocery store checkout people basically spit on me and wipe their genitals on my grocery bags.

I like to take the kid to costco on weeknights when I need something (usually MEATS). He eats all of the samples and its like hey, free dinner for him.

Lines always seem long but move super fast imo.

We now have something called Main & Vine, which is Kroger's answer to Whole Foods. It's pretty great. Good prices on craft beer, really good woodfired pizza, and a lot of tasty fresh cooked stuff like tandoori chicken for easy dinners. And MILFs galore.

cab driver did not kill me.

slap it high?
CAN YOU PEOPLE SHUT THE #### UP ABOUT YOUR GROCERY BAGS AND WHERE YOU BUY ####### TOILET PAPER SO ROVERFISH CAN TELL US ABOUT HIS DATE WITH THE MEXICANED CABBIE?!?!?
Did she smell like eggs?
why would she smell like eggs?
Huevos. Mexicans call them Huevos.
oddly enough, she smelled like a French whore.

To be fair to Tommy, his Costco (I'm assuming SE 84th?) isn't exactly in the heartland of physical fitness.

The one close to me isn't littered with fat people, but it is heavily populated by a certain ethnic classification of humans who fairly or unfairly have a stigma of being rather poor drivers. That stereotype tends to extend to their shopping cart behavior, which makes it rather difficult navigate at times. In addition, the general lack of awareness about personal space which some people tend to cherish is on full display at this particular Costco, which can be a tad obnoxious. I've been in mosh pits with less human contact.
thank you. and yes to the bolded.

if you're not familiar with Portland, where GM lives is basically filled with either vietnamese, chinese, japanese, thai, indian or pakistanis that mostly work for Intel or they own their own donut/noodle shops and don't pay taxes. we call that "the westside"

where I live, "the eastside" is where all the meth, all the crack, all the hookers and all the fat people live. There is no middle class, you're either stupid rich and fat, or mind numbingly poor and fat, or about to starve to death rail thin (those people don't go to costco). If you like fat hookers on meth in the costco parking lot where you can ride your rascal up and have a transaction, the eastside is for you.

But they're so nice to me there. And the grocery store checkout people basically spit on me and wipe their genitals on my grocery bags.
There is never a day nor time where I have to avoid Rite-Aid.
one by me is staffed with morons and people that would consider tanner young. if there are 2 people in line, it will be at least 10 minutes to check out. hate shopping there.
The Vons by my house is right across from a "Seniors Only" neighborhood (aka No Blood Alley). At least twice a month I am ask by some customer (who probably remembers when you got your vittles at the mercantile) to help them get something off of a shelf that's like 5 feet off the ground.

I have no real qualms with IKEA, but someone on Twitter pointed out that all thier products sound like rejected Pokemon names

Also last time I went there I spent 3 hours picking out an entertainment center and almost murdered my wife, but the horse meatballs are tasty so it balanced out
Last time i was at an Ikea it was like a UN meeting. Think I heard 5 different languages within the first 2 minutes of being there. Made my head hurt

I like Costco, but I don't love the Costco experience. Going there makes me stabby sometimes. Too many morons who would rather kill you to get the last sample than have to wait 45 seconds for the next round of chimichangas to come out of the toaster oven.

Users who are viewing this thread