Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, hagmania said:

With the share to reddit feature, Tanner can complete the Circle of Life.

wat

ETA:  Saw the share feature but didn't see the Reddit one until just now.  

No idea why anyone would share anything from here.

Edited by Officer Pete Malloy
11 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

With you in the cabin, or shipped? I think it's like $300 shipped or $150 in the cabin unless its a service animal.

Shipped from Louisiana.  I've had horrid luck with dogs and am scared to take the plunge again, but I love our four-legged friends and my fraternity brother found a trained german shepard who needs a good home and damn it, I'm this close to buying him a ticket to Portland.  We can't take on a puppy, but we could give an older dog who is okay around kids a great home.

Just now, Limp Ditka said:
2 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

good dude. coworker of mine. why?

He chimed in about being excellent in the bored upgrade thread. Saw he was a mod, but don't remember ever seeing the name before

Does a lot of DFS content IIRC.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, General Murmur of Agreemen said:

K4 - how much does it cost to fly a dog somewhere?  Figure you'd be the best person to ask.  Is it like buying a ticket for a human?  

Varies by airline.  On Delta, it was $125 domestic/$200 international if they're in the cabin with you as our kitties were.  If you put them in your checked baggage, you don't pay any extra, but I believe that policy is changing and you'll need to have them shipped via cargo.  I have no idea how much cargo costs.  It can all be pretty confusing in terms of the restrictions and limitations; would just call the airline.

1 minute ago, krista4 said:

Varies by airline.  On Delta, it was $125 domestic/$200 international if they're in the cabin with you as our kitties were.  If you put them in your checked baggage, you don't pay any extra, but I believe that policy is changing and you'll need to have them shipped via cargo.  I have no idea how much cargo costs.  It can all be pretty confusing in terms of the restrictions and limitations; would just call the airline.

also, don't a lot of pets die while flying in cargo?

5 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Claim it's a service dog so it can ride in first class with you. :shrug:

2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Oh, didn't know this.  Makes me really sad. :(

I mean, I'm not sure if that's factually correct. But, the cargo hold doesn't get climate control as far as I know. So extreme temperatures seem pretty bad. And I think it gets pretty cold at 30+k feet in the winter.