What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (5 Viewers)

So I'm in Atlanta for my cousin's wedding, the son of my favorite uncle and aunt. 

My sister is here and she's different.  I think I posted about this some years ago in this thread, but I helped her move a few years back and I found a bunch of racquetballs, masks, and jellycocks.  I joked with my woman that my BIL and sister probably brought a suitcase full of goodies with them. 

So we meet her, my BIL, and a few cousins for a couple of beers tonight and make a plan for pre-wedding drinking.  So we get in the elevator back to the rooms, and my sister says they are on floor 19.  Oh, so are we.  We get off the elevator, she asks what room we are in?  24 I say.  "We are in 22, right next store she said."  :X

So I went to the lobby and told the concierge that if I hear my sister breaking a whip on my BIL that I will be permanently scarred, and I will be suing the hotel and calling her as a witness.  She said I should be a comedian, I told her I was dead serious. 

So she gave me two sets of earplugs on the house.  :mellow:
I didn't know the Atlanta had a Sybaris let alone one with 19 floors

My sister's ex-boyfriend who beat her had to be rescued off Mt. Hood yesterday.  POS should have been left to rot in a crevasse (sp?).  Lead story on the news...guy still talking about the great book he's been writing for the last 10 years.  Book is about skiing Mt. Hood, not exactly War and Peace.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I texted her on Thursday because her and the BIL came in early.

Me:  Hey you guys enjoying Atlanta's famous cuisine (this was obviously said in jest)

Her:  Oh yeah, lovin it

Me:  Did you try some chicken and waffles yet?

Her:  Yes we are at Waffle House right now!

:mellow:

I'm going to the St Patrick's Day parade right now.  I can't wait to see how southern charm meets terrible American tradition head on. 

Vmartthongsong@DrDetroit19 29m29 minutes ago
The biggest mistake the Yankee Army made with Atlanta, was not burning it twice.
There should be a ton of tail at this wedding though. And since he's marrying a Doctor's daughter, I'm guessing open bar with booze not close to the rail. 

Atlanta really is an awful place. One of the few major cities I've been too that immediately made me think 'I need to get out of here ASAP' to myself.

I just read like 15 pages of the Trump thread. 

Thoughts and prayers appreciated. 
Currently trying to convince the Trump folks how I understand them and how similar Bernie is and how they should vote for him in open primaries now that Trump has this thing locked up.  Some small success.

Yeah I texted her on Thursday because her and the BIL came in early.

Me:  Hey you guys enjoying Atlanta's famous cuisine (this was obviously said in jest)

Her:  Oh yeah, lovin it

Me:  Did you try some chicken and waffles yet?

Her:  Yes we are at Waffle House right now!

:mellow:

I'm going to the St Patrick's Day parade right now.  I can't wait to see how southern charm meets terrible American tradition head on. 

There should be a ton of tail at this wedding though. And since he's marrying a Doctor's daughter, I'm guessing open bar with booze not close to the rail. 
"When you get done at the Waffle House, head over to Popeyes. Cannot recommend their spicy chicken highly enough."

Did you know there are health care providers that scan public police records for accident victims?

I was in an accident last week.  Stopped at an intersection and a truck slammed into the driver's side of my car, causing the side airbags to deploy.  I was taken by ambulance to the ER, but it ended up only being a minor concussion with some neck pain.

I'm not sure what triggered it, but within the last hour I have had two calls to my cell phone from these phony medical referral "services".  

First one was the "Injury Referral Group".  Basically telling me all my medical care would be covered by the other person's insurance, etc.  She said I could go to any doctor, but she had one provider that would do direct billing to other insurance so I would not have to worry about it.  It is a chiropractor all the way on the other side of town.  I asked if there were any other options and she said no.  She was basically begging me to make an appointment.  Saying they would do all kinds of extensive tests just to make sure I'm ok.

About 30 minutes later I get another from "Accident Referral Service".  Started out with similar spiel, but after I told her I was feeling ok now, she ended the call quickly.  

Is this #### legal?  I'd expect this from law firms, but it seems these were representing specific health providers.
Happy your OK GB. Can't give you any advice unfortunately, but glad you're OK.

General Malaise said:
My sister's ex-boyfriend who beat her had to be rescued off Mt. Hood yesterday.  POS should have been left to rot in a crevasse (sp?).  Lead story on the news...guy still talking about the great book he's been writing for the last 10 years.  Book is about skiing Mt. Hood, not exactly War and Peace.  
Are #### kidding me?

The sheriff's office identified the climber as Asitsinh Rathod of Portland. 

Have you been to one?
About 25 years ago my wife and i went to one. I went down the slide naked. That damn thing was like Clark Griswold going down the hill on a saucer in Christmas Vacation.

My wife said all she saw was ### and balls as I came flying down and racked myself good when I hit the water.

Limp Ditka said:
Atlanta really is an awful place. One of the few major cities I've been too that immediately made me think 'I need to get out of here ASAP' to myself.
Went to CFB HOF today, that makes this city OK IMO. 

The amount of panhandlers would make Detroit blush though, dumb.

Wedding was awesome.  Asked the bride where they were going for honeymoon and she said, "British Virgin Islands."  I said, "well when you leave you're not going to be a virgin or British" in front of her Baptist parents.  Welcome to the Dr Detroit family!!!!!!!!

ca266d9ed631bf5c4d359cd6110520bf.jpg

Great uncle Pierce passed away today at 94.  Really cool guy, retired chief justice of US Court of appeals or some such.  Dad flying to Kentucky to attend services.  Wish I could go with him.  Twins are neat.  

Rip Uncle Pierce

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierce_Lively
Seriously, one of the most impressive judges I've ever had the pleasure of quoting.  Repeatedly.  Also one of the last Republicans I can recall having unequivocal respect for.  I'm very sorry for your family's loss and our country's loss.  He's up there with John Minor Wisdom in the ranks of judges in my opinion.

Your great uncle is Pierce Lively?  High bar for the family. Hell of a Justice.
Grandmother's only sibling.  My dad was pretty close to him and was able to visit him in 2014 after the Kentucky Derby where Shuke messed up the Superfecta wager. He was still pretty sharp and upset he had to give up golf.  Taught law classes at Centre College into his 80s.  Cool that you know who he is.  Hell of a man.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Grandmother's only sibling.  My dad was pretty close to him and was able to visit him in 2014 after the Kentucky Derby where Shuke messed up the Superfecta wager. He was still pretty sharp and upset he had to give up golf.  Taught law classes at Centre College into his 80s.  Cool that you know who he is.  Hell of a man.  
I don't just know who he was, he was one of the most important judicial voices in history on a range of topics that we are all still fighting about today.  Wrote the appellate opinion that decided that Akron couldn't force a 24 hour wait period before an abortion could be performed.  Among other landmark decisions.

Sorry for your loss, but flying to Kentucky isn't as glamorous as you might think.  :killmenow:
Recommend Smash Burger Kitchen while you're there.  Food truck turned brick and mortar recently so you likely haven't had it in previous visits  Their signature burger with brie and habanero jam is pretty damn delicious.

I don't just know who he was, he was one of the most important judicial voices in history on a range of topics that we are all still fighting about today.  Wrote the appellate opinion that decided that Akron couldn't force a 24 hour wait period before an abortion could be performed.  Among other landmark decisions.
The fact that you are educating me about my own relative makes me like and respect you even more than I already do. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread