What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (16 Viewers)

Missed an office visit this morning from a very nice young gal who used to work next door to us years ago and still occasionally drops by for visits.  Honestly one of the nicest gals I know.  Fellas in the office were giving me the run-down.  She is very close with the family of Monty Williams and when his wife passed, she flew down to OKC to help Monty and his five kids (FIVE!  Idiot).  Monty has asked her to be a full time nanny and she's considering it.

Anyhow, some of you might have seen snippets of the service where Monty talked.  It was very well done and he held himself together quite well considering the circumstances.  Our young heroine was there to help with the service and it was very well attended, as you can imagine.  All the players from the team showed up and many other players and coaches arrived from out of town.  Plenty of talent in the OKC church were as they celebrated the life of Ms. Williams.

Anyhow, if you are into ranking human beings on their goodness, please move Kevin Durant way up on your ladder and go ahead and cross off another teammate who will not be named.  Selfish, rude, inappropriate and just not a nice human at all.  Exactly the kind of guy who would wear glasses without lenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed an office visit this morning from a very nice young gal who used to work next door to us years ago and still occasionally drops by for visits.  Honestly one of the nicest gals I know.  Fellas in the office were giving me the run-down.  She is very close with the family of Monty Williams and when his wife passed, she flew down to OKC to help Monty and his five kids (FIVE!  Idiot).  Monty has asked her to be a full time nanny and she's considering it.

Anyhow, some of you might have seen snippets of the service where Monty talked.  It was very well done and he held himself together quite well considering the circumstances.  Our young heroine was there to help with the service and it was very well attended, as you can imagine.  All the players from the team showed up and many other players and coaches arrived from out of town.  Plenty of talent in the OKC church were as they celebrated the life of Ms. Williams.

Anyhow, if you are into ranking human beings on their goodness, please move Kevin Durant way up on your ladder and go ahead and cross off another teammate who will not be named.  Selfish, rude, inappropriate and just not a nice human at all.  Exactly the kind of guy who would wear glasses without lenses.
gotta at least give us a good story here.....

In case you guys were wondering whatever happened to Hock Meng Tay....

Microsoft has apologised after a robot it made “tweeted wildly inappropriate and reprehensible words and images” that included support for Hitler and genocide.

The company launched Tay, an artificially intelligent robot, on Twitter last week. It was intended to be a fun way of engaging people with AI – but instead was tricked by people into tweeting out support of Hitler and genocide, and repeated white power messages.

Microsoft said that it had no way of knowing that people would attempt to trick the robot into tweeting the offensive words, but apologised for letting it do so.

Microsoft said that it had launched Tay after success with a similar robot, XiaoIce, in China. That is used by 40 million people, who hold conversations with it, and it has even presented the TV weather.

“The great experience with XiaoIce led us to wonder: Would an AI like this be just as captivating in a radically different cultural environment?” wrote Peter Lee, Microsoft’s vice president for research. “Tay – a chatbot created for 18- to 24- year-olds in the US for entertainment purposes – is our first attempt to answer this question.”

What Microsoft found however was that launching the robot into the English language, American Twitter would lead to people attempting to attack and trick it. It said that it had launched on the social network as a way of reaching a large number of users – but instead a small number of them were able to take advantage of it.

“Unfortunately, in the first 24 hours of coming online, a coordinated attack by a subset of people exploited a vulnerability in Tay,” wrote Mr Lee. “Although we had prepared for many types of abuses of the system, we had made a critical oversight for this specific attack.

“As a result, Tay tweeted wildly inappropriate and reprehensible words and images. We take full responsibility for not seeing this possibility ahead of time.”

The company said that the experience had shown the difficult challenges that face it in AI design.

“AI systems feed off of both positive and negative interactions with people,” Mr Lee wrote. “In that sense, the challenges are just as much social as they are technical.

“We will do everything possible to limit technical exploits but also know we cannot fully predict all possible human interactive misuses without learning from mistakes.”

The company said that it would hope to learn from the experience and would keep attempting to build a robot and an internet "that represents the best, not the worst, of humanity”.

No. GM would understand that.
:lmao:  :finger:

Nothing earth shattering and I'm reporting second hand via second hand, but there was a long line of people waiting to greet and hug the Coach and his family.  One player was not only irritated at the length of the line, not only cut to the front of the line, but once there pitched a fit because his wife - dressed as a hooker - didn't get a corsage like other player's wives.  Stay classy, guy with fake glasses.

On the other hand, Durant not only waited patiently in line, but said to each kid he would do anything they needed of him, anytime.  One of the kids - an 8 year old - took the opportunity to ask for shoes. :lmao:   Durant didn't skip a beat, asked what size and delivered personally the following day.

Also, last one - our gal was staying at the Williams house and helped with phone calls and people coming to the door.  One person arrived from out of town, said he was a good friend of Monty's and though Monty was there at the time, said "that's okay, I'll wait for him here until he's back".   So our friend said "I might need to ask of that's okay...who are you?".  Coach Doc Rivers was taken aback that she didn't know who he was.  I had to ask myself if I'd know him if he showed up at my door. :bag:  

Microsoft has apologised after a robot it made “tweeted wildly inappropriate and reprehensible words and images” that included support for Hitler and genocide.

The company launched Tay, an artificially intelligent robot, on Twitter last week. It was intended to be a fun way of engaging people with AI – but instead was tricked by people into tweeting out support of Hitler and genocide, and repeated white power messages.

Microsoft said that it had no way of knowing that people would attempt to trick the robot into tweeting the offensive words, but apologised for letting it do so.

Microsoft said that it had launched Tay after success with a similar robot, XiaoIce, in China. That is used by 40 million people, who hold conversations with it, and it has even presented the TV weather.

“The great experience with XiaoIce led us to wonder: Would an AI like this be just as captivating in a radically different cultural environment?” wrote Peter Lee, Microsoft’s vice president for research. “Tay – a chatbot created for 18- to 24- year-olds in the US for entertainment purposes – is our first attempt to answer this question.”

What Microsoft found however was that launching the robot into the English language, American Twitter would lead to people attempting to attack and trick it. It said that it had launched on the social network as a way of reaching a large number of users – but instead a small number of them were able to take advantage of it.

“Unfortunately, in the first 24 hours of coming online, a coordinated attack by a subset of people exploited a vulnerability in Tay,” wrote Mr Lee. “Although we had prepared for many types of abuses of the system, we had made a critical oversight for this specific attack.

“As a result, Tay tweeted wildly inappropriate and reprehensible words and images. We take full responsibility for not seeing this possibility ahead of time.”

The company said that the experience had shown the difficult challenges that face it in AI design.

“AI systems feed off of both positive and negative interactions with people,” Mr Lee wrote. “In that sense, the challenges are just as much social as they are technical.

“We will do everything possible to limit technical exploits but also know we cannot fully predict all possible human interactive misuses without learning from mistakes.”

The company said that it would hope to learn from the experience and would keep attempting to build a robot and an internet "that represents the best, not the worst, of humanity”.
I wonder if this is what happened with rock action earlier today

Oh yeah, real swell to see all of you guys visiting Houston in the last couple of weeks.  Glad we could get together for a beer.  (All of you except cos, that is.)

Rudy's is fine, get the juicy brisket. And assuming bAbe remains conscious, anywhere he takes tommyboy should work out.

I think Rudy's was recommended to me when I visited but I wound up at Ruby's instead. Not as good probably. Also wasn't that impressed with Lamberts.

Users who are viewing this thread