What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

Ignoramus said:
I love a wooden roller coaster.  They beat the #### out of you and could fall apart at any given moment but what a ride!
Me, Mrs. SLB & Cal went on this a couple of weeks ago.  None of us knew it went from 0 to 53mph in 2.8 seconds because you couldn't see from the waiting platform. 

I about had a heart attack.  Stupidest thing I've ever done probably.

Should have thrown a red shell or banana at him.

that's cold, Bob :lol:  can't say i wouldn't have done the same to my 7 year old daughter, though :unsure:
I didn't do it on purpose.  He actually ran into me and almost did a full 360. It was pretty awesome but scared the #### out of him.  YOU TRIED TO KILL ME!!!   FTR,  I did stop until the kid got him back on track.  

You never rode The Beast?
No.  

Let me rephrase that.  #### no.

I do not like heights.  A lot.

When I was 5 they had to stop the ferris wheel at the Fairborn Carnival to get me off that ride.  There was no way you couldn't tell me that dangerous contraption was built to hold a 3.5ft, 40lb kid safely.  The bar that is supposed to lock in around your hips was about eye-height  :lmao:

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!

Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very elaborate, they just told me my mom was making her sauce and meatballs and I ran headlong onto the pongee sticks.  Long story short, the next day I was in the beautiful mountains of Colorado and have been sober for like 12 days.  I now own hiking boots (Krista>hey) and have actually used them.  Twice.

In case you're wondering how much of a life change this has been, just re-read that last bit.  I WALKED UP A FRIGGIN MOUNTAIN...AND NOT FOR BOOZE, DRUGS, OR SEX.

Anyway, I have a little more freedom now and can hop on here every once in a while and keep you jackholes up on the movings and groovings of your GB Homer J.

P and S I've already gotten in several arguments about all the god bull#### in the 12 step program, and basically been told that I can pretty much substitute anything for my "higher power" and I've decided to turn my life over to Paarthurnax.  Thorn and Tre will understand, the rest of you can look it up.

Much Love,

SoberHomer

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!

Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very elaborate, they just told me my mom was making her sauce and meatballs and I ran headlong onto the pongee sticks.  Long story short, the next day I was in the beautiful mountains of Colorado and have been sober for like 12 days.  I now own hiking boots (Krista>hey) and have actually used them.  Twice.

In case you're wondering how much of a life change this has been, just re-read that last bit.  I WALKED UP A FRIGGIN MOUNTAIN...AND NOT FOR BOOZE, DRUGS, OR SEX.

Anyway, I have a little more freedom now and can hop on here every once in a while and keep you jackholes up on the movings and groovings of your GB Homer J.

P and S I've already gotten in several arguments about all the god bull#### in the 12 step program, and basically been told that I can pretty much substitute anything for my "higher power" and I've decided to turn my life over to Paarthurnax.  Thorn and Tre will understand, the rest of you can look it up.

Much Love,

SoberHomer
Will be googles  Paarthurnax in a minute.  Thanks for checking in GB, you've been on my mind constantly.  Luff ewe.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!

Much Love,

SoberHomer
FUS RO DAH!

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!

Much Love,

SoberHomer
Best of luck to you, GBHJS.

and calling it a 'higher power' is just mean and, IMO, counter-productive.

Do you have any idea how powerful I was when I was high?

You realize how much I'm going to have to increase the booze,  drugs and sex to balance this out?   Good thing I just had a physical. 

--Posted from some stranger's house 50 miles from home. 
I'm already running at max levels (well, not on the dope), so someone else is going to have to take up the slack.

Be well, GB Homer

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!

Much Love,

SoberHomer
Go get 'em. Sobriety can be lots of fun.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!

Much Love,

SoberHomer
Just goes to show how much people care about you.  Best of luck but since you obviously got this, you probably don't need it. 

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!

Much Love,

SoberHomer
godspeed, gb

you're a good dude. hope you find success in sobriety :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread