What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (20 Viewers)

Worst cop out in movie history?

Calling the stuff in avatar "unobtanium"

The mission impossible 3 "rabbit foot" which is never explained as anything more than imagine the scariest thing

The virus in independence day

The virus in war of the worlds 

Go

The mission impossible 3 "rabbit foot" which is never explained as anything more than imagine the scariest thing

Go
I don't think I could list 4 sh##ier movies if I tried.

I don't think I could list 4 sh##ier movies if I tried.
V for vendetta

Donnie darko

Jupiter ascending

Whatever abe is watching right now

But that's not the point.  Of course they're ####ty.  Good movies don't have comically bad stuff like this.   They made a billion dollar movie and somehow agreed to call the rarest and most valuable thing in the universe "unobtanium".  Come on. 

From askreddit today:. Employers, what's the most outrageous/unique thing someone has put on a resume?

"Knows how to swim"
Too bad this is one of them land McDonalds

Under hobbies/interests: "Simulating earthquake by shaking table"

Not on a resume, but I sat in for interviews for my college's RA program. 

One kid came in with his boy scout scrap book. And went through it page by page. PAGE BY ####### PAGE!

The lead interviewer stopped him in the middle and he interrupted her to say he was almost finished.

I wasn't doing the hiring but was given some say over the process. There was a guy that just sent in a 8.5x11" photo of him standing next to a limousine. No explanation given.

Had a guy put that he was best man in 5 weddings

Go
The contents of the briefcase in Pulp Fiction.

There's a pretty awful thread by Fred focused on his hate for that movie around here somewhere. 
It was a teen angst movie where the main character sees an alien bunny telling him what to do then instead of wrapping up the movie in any sensible way they drop an airplane engine on his house and call it art.  

This is also the guy that once said he doesn't like women in high heels.  
I said I don't like women to wear boots.  High heels are fine.   Boots are terrible. It's an awful trend like grunge when all the girls liked wearing flannel,  covering up a beautiful woman with sweaty disgusting clothes.  Why would you not want to see her calves?  You like slutty though high boots?  Slutty naked thighs are better.  It's a trick by the fashion industry to make them buy ridiculously expensive clothes to signal to us that they are attractive so we spend more money on them to get to enjoy them less.  Consumerism at its worst. 

I said I don't like women to wear boots.  High heels are fine.   Boots are terrible. It's an awful trend like grunge when all the girls liked wearing flannel,  covering up a beautiful woman with sweaty disgusting clothes.  Why would you not want to see her calves?  You like slutty though high boots?  Slutty naked thighs are better.  It's a trick by the fashion industry to make them buy ridiculously expensive clothes to signal to us that they are attractive so we spend more money on them to get to enjoy them less.  Consumerism at its worst. 
No, it's a signal.  And it means "I'll let you do things to me you didn't learn about in sex ed." 

No, it's a signal.  And it means "I'll let you do things to me you didn't learn about in sex ed." 
Right,  I get that.  But what a lousy signal.  Signal me by wearing bikini bottoms or a shirt I think I can kind of see through or jeans or yoga pants even.  What are boots adding to the process?   Money for the stores that sell boots.  That's about it.   

Right,  I get that.  But what a lousy signal.  Signal me by wearing bikini bottoms or a shirt I think I can kind of see through or jeans or yoga pants even.  What are boots adding to the process?   Money for the stores that sell boots.  That's about it.   
But those things don't mean that.

Fred, I had a piece of a dream last night/this morning that Dale Earnhart, Jr and Martha Stewart (driving separate cars) got into a wreck in a Nascar race. I'm not a fan of Nascar, Junior, Martha, or wrecks. What do it mean?

Not hotter because she's wearing boots, no.   Is this really that hard a concept? 
No. In fact you are 100% correct. Boots are utilitarian footwear. And they're masculine. 

I guess if you're a beta postmodern submissive pansy man it's a turn-on. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread