Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

3 hours ago, tommyboy said:

not true.     Spring Salmon filet, I cut into 2 inch wide strips,   heat some butter in a frying pan and start it skin side up.   4 minutes per side on medium high heat and you get a medium  rare chunk of the most delicious salmon you'll ever eat, anywhere

So much wrong here.   Where are you getting this fish you're ruining?   Salmon shouldn't see butter or a frying pan. 

• Like 3

Wife and I AE watching the new version of Match Game.

The question was something like Leonard DaVinci says that the only way I can get Mona Lisa to smile is if I tickle her with my blank.

Wife says "his ear".

Edited by Sconch
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, -fish- said:

So much wrong here.   Where are you getting this fish you're ruining?   Salmon shouldn't see butter or a frying pan. 

catch them in the Columbia in March/April.     Food Kitchen  5 star rating disagrees with you  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pan-fried-salmon-recipe2.html

more than one way to skin a cat as they say.    Thing about "springers" as we call them, is they have more oil/fat content than other runs of salmon/steelhead that come through the Columbia.   Since they have a richer flavor, you just don't need to #### with them much, just cook to medium rare and its heaven

https://www.amazon.com/Gronking-Remember-Rob-Gronkowski-Erotica/dp/150585766X/ref=pd_sim_14_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51AP-0uHLlL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL480_SR300%2C480_&psc=1&refRID=FW8TX32BGE1810KK2Y38

If you read one book about Rob Gronkowski this year, make it "Growing Up Gronk.” But if you read two books about Rob Gronkowski this year, make the second one “A Gronking to Remember!" 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tommyboy said:

catch them in the Columbia in March/April.     Food Kitchen  5 star rating disagrees with you  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pan-fried-salmon-recipe2.html

more than one way to skin a cat as they say.    Thing about "springers" as we call them, is they have more oil/fat content than other runs of salmon/steelhead that come through the Columbia.   Since they have a richer flavor, you just don't need to #### with them much, just cook to medium rare and its heaven

you're taking springers, which have been feasting on shrimp and anchovies for 3-4 years and are at their fattest and oiliest, and putting them flesh side down in a pan with more fat?  

blasphemy.   I'd hit you with the ####### frying pan if you did that to one of my fish.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tommyboy said:

Since1769.  You take fish, dare I say, more seriously than Henry Ford takes gyoza

Since you're claiming March springers,  I thought you may be native. 

1 minute ago, proninja said:

Sidenote, we now sell Traeger at work. So I'll be getting one of those soon too. :thumbup:

You'll love it.   Everything tastes good on a traeger.   We put frozen pizzas on it when we're skiing. 

4 minutes ago, proninja said:

We should play golf again one of these days. Maybe see if we can talk RL into coming along. 

I played shockingly well at the tournament we played before last week. Playing Cog Hill in 2 weeks before PJ at Wrigley.  Could shoot 120.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Is there a GM get-together on Saturday?  Or are we all still mad that he gave Maurile cancer (I might have read that post wrong)?

I will be on the water Saturday and if anyone wants to come South for a boat ride I guarantee a good time. 

3 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Some kind soul could delete a post to get you on page 1000, but I thought it was better this way.

Tommyboy could delete his embarrassing posts about salmon. 

Edited by -fish-
1 minute ago, proninja said:

Right? Grill marks? High direct heat is going to turn it into shoe leather. Smoke or sous vide, please. But I think that any salmon cooked to over 125 is too done. 

Smoke to 145.  But nobody catches springers in March,  let alone ruining them by frying them in a pan.   There are like 2 fish a day over the dam on March 31st.  

6 minutes ago, proninja said:

You are the only guy I know with a boat that I feel really gets his money's worth out of said boat 

Vendorchick will be coming.  We're fishing the evening bite. 

12 minutes ago, proninja said:

You are the only guy I know with a boat that I feel really gets his money's worth out of said boat 

I bought a 10 year old boat with 88 hours on the engine 2 years ago in June.  It has 325 now. 

Now that K4 is a boat owner,  we need to do PugetSoundHole 2017. Air B&B on the water in Gig Harbor,  Port Orchard,  Poulsbo or Port Ludlow.   Fishing,  crabbing,  boozing,  dive bars,  pull tabs and make Mr.  Krista cook.   Who's with me? 

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Sconch said:

That's like 413 hours.

Coincidentally,  hours you actually work in a school year. 

:summersoff:

Edited by -fish-
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, kevzilla said:

Unrelated: I had all six numbers for the titanic Powerball drawing Saturday night.

Twist: they were on my Texas Lottery ticket. Still walking with a limp.

And here I was thinking that I was the only limp for you

:kicksrock:

1 hour ago, -fish- said:

I played shockingly well at the tournament we played before last week. Playing Cog Hill in 2 weeks before PJ at Wrigley.  Could shoot 120.

4 tracks there. Assuming that you're playing Dubs?

I love my kid's school district. My daughter has some special needs and they've been amazing from the very beginning. I know lots of people that have had to continually fight their school to get help for their kid and we've experienced the exact opposite.

BUT, apparently I don't pay enough attention to some details because I just found out that our district doesn't offer bussing for 2nd-6th graders other than the kids that live the furthest away on the other side of the highway. So in September, my options are going to be to either have my non-driving wife with MS walk my special needs daughter 1.5 miles round trio twice a day in all weather, crossing a very busy road, or have to drop my daughter off an 1.5 before school and pick her up 2 hours after school every day from their childcare program at $250 a month. The money isn't a huge deal even though things are tight after my wife's forced retirement, but I hate the though of putting my daughter in child care for 3.5 hours a day where she'll likely feel overwhelmed and lost. 

Ugh.

8 hours ago, -fish- said:

Now that K4 is a boat owner,  we need to do PugetSoundHole 2017. Air B&B on the water in Gig Harbor,  Port Orchard,  Poulsbo or Port Ludlow.   Fishing,  crabbing,  boozing,  dive bars,  pull tabs and make Mr.  Krista cook.   Who's with me? 

SoundHole is the name of my Lords of Acid cover band.