Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

2 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

I love my kid's school district. My daughter has some special needs and they've been amazing from the very beginning. I know lots of people that have had to continually fight their school to get help for their kid and we've experienced the exact opposite.

BUT, apparently I don't pay enough attention to some details because I just found out that our district doesn't offer bussing for 2nd-6th graders other than the kids that live the furthest away on the other side of the highway. So in September, my options are going to be to either have my non-driving wife with MS walk my special needs daughter 1.5 miles round trio twice a day in all weather, crossing a very busy road, or have to drop my daughter off an 1.5 before school and pick her up 2 hours after school every day from their childcare program at $250 a month. The money isn't a huge deal even though things are tight after my wife's forced retirement, but I hate the though of putting my daughter in child care for 3.5 hours a day where she'll likely feel overwhelmed and lost. 

Ugh.

http://www.nj.gov/education/genfo/faq/faq_transportation.shtml

A. Boards of education are not required by law to provide busing for students who live less than remote from school even for safety reasons. However, boards are permitted, at their own discretion and expense, to provide transportation for students who reside less than remote from school and may charge the student's parents or legal guardians for this service. Municipalities may also contract with boards of education for this service and charge the parents. This transportation service is called Subscription Busing.

Q. Where can I purchase subscription busing?

A. Subscription busing may be purchased from your own school district, another school district transporting students to that school, or a coordinating transportation services agency (CTSA) providing busing to that school. A board of education or CTSA may provide this service at its discretion.

It looks like New Jersey has loopholes that allow these sorts of things (I assume your "South Jersey" designation in your profile is true - I know it might not actually be where you live.)

In addition, any student classified with special needs who either meets these distance requirements or for whom transportation is required in the student's Individual Education Plan must be transported.

So you can also have your child's IEP shifted to include transportation if your school would help you with that.

• Like 1
  • Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

what are your plans for that Wrigley weekend? I know @Tiger Fan will be in town as well.

Fly in Friday night around 8 I think.   Golf Saturday at 7 am.   Nothing in the afternoon.   Head to the show around 6.  Fly back Saturday afternoon.   Staying at the Westin Michigan Ave

Just now, -fish- said:

Fly in Friday night around 8 I think.   Golf Saturday at 7 am.   Nothing in the afternoon.   Head to the show around 6.  Fly back Saturday afternoon.   Staying at the Westin Michigan Ave

not much downtime then. I'm probably not going to be around anyway as I'm moving that weekend.

21 hours ago, Sconch said:

Overcooking tri tip is unforgivable.  You're about to lose your west coast privileges.

What's really stupid is that I've done it successfully many times.  This time, I tried to get cute.  I smoked it on a gas grill for two hours, but thought it needed some more time, so it got finished off on the grill for longer than was needed, then taken off and wrapped tightly in foil.  It wasn't horrible, just cooked well, which, yeah, that's unforgivable.  Especially since it was marinated overnight in a delicious red wine marinade.  

• Like 1

There is a camera in here.  There has to be. Yes a comedian.  Or is trying to be.  Just told me he invented "slinky earrings" and got pissed when he googled and found they already existed. "Man, someone already thought of that ####!  They took my idea, mothere####ers."

6 minutes ago, Abraham said:

There is a camera in here.  There has to be. Yes a comedian.  Or is trying to be.  Just told me he invented "slinky earrings" and got pissed when he googled and found they already existed. "Man, someone already thought of that ####!  They took my idea, mothere####ers."

Where exactly are you?

Say you have a client named Kyle Smith that you have communicated with numerous times via email, never in person or phone. It's company practice to address all letters to an individual using Mr., Ms., etc. You suddenly get an email from person and the signature says Kylie Smith now. 

How do you address your next letter to this person? :confused:

22 minutes ago, Notorious T.R.E. said:

MN now giving medical marijuana for intractable pain.  Wondering if gout is finally going to pay off here...

before it was legal here, the easiest way to get a scrip for medical marijuana was to say that you had frequent migraines.

14 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Say you have a client named Kyle Smith that you have communicated with numerous times via email, never in person or phone. It's company practice to address all letters to an individual using Mr., Ms., etc. You suddenly get an email from person and the signature says Kylie Smith now. 

Dear Kylie

1 hour ago, Notorious T.R.E. said:

MN now giving medical marijuana for intractable pain.  Wondering if gout is finally going to pay off here...

i'll be there for Darkness day + an ounce

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

i'll be there for Darkness day + an ounce

I'm not sure how to get started on this.  I rarely go to the doc these days.  I have refills for gout meds, and occasionally have to go in for a blood test, but that's about it.  I guess I'd have to make an appt and plead?

2 hours ago, -fish- said:
2 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

Dear Kylie

Dear Kylie - First off, how are you?

No?

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Notorious T.R.E. said:

I'm not sure how to get started on this.  I rarely go to the doc these days.  I have refills for gout meds, and occasionally have to go in for a blood test, but that's about it.  I guess I'd have to make an appt and plead?

plead the fif

• Like 1
5 hours ago, -fish- said:

drinks in wrigleyville saturday before the show?

14 hours ago, -fish- said:

Now that K4 is a boat owner,  we need to do PugetSoundHole 2017. Air B&B on the water in Gig Harbor,  Port Orchard,  Poulsbo or Port Ludlow.   Fishing,  crabbing,  boozing,  dive bars,  pull tabs and make Mr.  Krista cook.   Who's with me? 

this sounds awesome

10 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

I love my kid's school district. My daughter has some special needs and they've been amazing from the very beginning. I know lots of people that have had to continually fight their school to get help for their kid and we've experienced the exact opposite.

BUT, apparently I don't pay enough attention to some details because I just found out that our district doesn't offer bussing for 2nd-6th graders other than the kids that live the furthest away on the other side of the highway. So in September, my options are going to be to either have my non-driving wife with MS walk my special needs daughter 1.5 miles round trio twice a day in all weather, crossing a very busy road, or have to drop my daughter off an 1.5 before school and pick her up 2 hours after school every day from their childcare program at $250 a month. The money isn't a huge deal even though things are tight after my wife's forced retirement, but I hate the though of putting my daughter in child care for 3.5 hours a day where she'll likely feel overwhelmed and lost. 

Ugh.

Uber?

Man, working in an ultra-conservative industry in an ultra-conservative state is neat.  Today I got a lecture on how Hillary was going to appoint a Supreme Court judge and then change The Constitution and appoint Obama as President For Life.

• Like 10
20 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Man, working in an ultra-conservative industry in an ultra-conservative state is neat.  Today I got a lecture on how Hillary was going to appoint a Supreme Court judge and then change The Constitution and appoint Obama as President For Life.

:goodposting:  I mention that I'm thinking about voting for Gary Johnson and I'm literally the most liberal person in history

30 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

Makes sense

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

That's just silly. No way Hillary would appoint anyone other than herself. /politicschat

• Like 1
23 hours ago, -fish- said:

Salmon shouldn't see butter or a frying pan. 

I pretty easily disagree about salmon not seeing a frying pan.  There are some delicious ways to cook salmon in a pan.  In fact, it bothers me a lot more when people cook salmon with so many ingredients that detract from the actual flavor of the salmon itself. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ignoramus said:

My wife's neighborhood bestie thinks that all the police troubles/black lives matter or any trouble for that matter, is being done on purpose so that Obama can declare martial law and be president forever. 

She's from texas. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tiger Fan said:

:goodposting:  I mention that I'm thinking about voting for Gary Johnson and I'm literally the most liberal person in history

How's things for you, GB?  I heard you guys had another big round of layoffs recently. I assume you survived the cut?

1 hour ago, DA RAIDERS said:
2 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

My wife's neighborhood bestie thinks that all the police troubles/black lives matter or any trouble for that matter, is being done on purpose so that Obama can declare martial law and be president forever. 

She's from texas. 

Every year I get older the more I realize that there are a lot more crazy people than I could ever imagine.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, gianmarco said:

I pretty easily disagree about salmon not seeing a frying pan.  There are some delicious ways to cook salmon in a pan.  In fact, it bothers me a lot more when people cook salmon with so many ingredients that detract from the actual flavor of the salmon itself. 

Dierberg's smoked salmon is the way to go.  Unless you want to go to the Chinese district and buy your fish and hope for the best.