Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Officer Pete Malloy

    5008

  • General Malaise

    4491

  • El Floppo

    4251

  • kevzilla

    3115

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

I'm kind of freaking out about having a cow heart valve put into my heart.  I feel like you're not supposed to cut pieces out of organs and replace them with beef.

better than a cow stomach

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, arrow1 said:

better than a cow stomach

Cud is an acquired taste. I like to marinate mine with some homemade stone-ground mustard - with a dash of Pappy's and two dashes of Worchester sauce - for 12 minutes. Add a dozen 'lope seeds and some brisket, and wa la!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

I'm kind of freaking out about having a cow heart valve put into my heart.  I feel like you're not supposed to cut pieces out of organs and replace them with beef.

OK if I start calling you Captain?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"There's a bar in Southampton where the toilet door says "Push" when it's really a pull door. It's right by the bar, so the bar staff laugh when you walk into the door. Coming out there's a pull sign, so, thinking you're being smart, you know you have to push the door. Unfortunately the sign and handle are both on the hinge side of the door so you still walk into the door. The worst thing is that because you're drinking you just don't learn throughout the night, and repeat the same mistake every time."

Lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/4w9kky/youre_the_inconvenient_terrorist_you_dont_want_to/

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

"There's a bar in Southampton where the toilet door says "Push" when it's really a pull door. It's right by the bar, so the bar staff laugh when you walk into the door. Coming out there's a pull sign, so, thinking you're being smart, you know you have to push the door. Unfortunately the sign and handle are both on the hinge side of the door so you still walk into the door. The worst thing is that because you're drinking you just don't learn throughout the night, and repeat the same mistake every time."

Lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/4w9kky/youre_the_inconvenient_terrorist_you_dont_want_to/

Local brewpub used to have a "Men" door mounted flat on the wall directly opposite the actual men's room door (which had a "Boys" sign).  It also happened to be the one you tended to see first as you walked into the hallway.  Always funny to see people trying to open that door.

 

Until you see the, um, developmentally disabled guy struggling with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The beef heart isn't for certain.  I'm getting a second opinion from the Chief of Surgery at a nearby hospital who's a friend of mine later this week, but it looks like best case scenario I wait a couple years.  Probably means I can set my death clock at 20 years the day after the surgery, which is a weird feeling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Why BBQ sauce/  Why not A-1, Tartar Sauce, or Salsa?  I'm intrigued.

Yeah GM, why did you walk around coshole pantless late at night, with BBQ sauce?  Tartar would have been much funnier.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

I'm kind of freaking out about having a cow heart valve put into my heart.  I feel like you're not supposed to cut pieces out of organs and replace them with beef.

My mother got a pig valve about a dozen years back.  She went from about 40% backflow to about 1%.  Pepped her right up.  Gave her many extra years of nagging, negativity, and guilt trips.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2016 at 7:14 PM, Tiger Fan said:

:goodposting:  I mention that I'm thinking about voting for Gary Johnson and I'm literally the most liberal person in history

My entire family thinks I'm going to ruin the election because I'm not voting for Trump in Alabama.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DA RAIDERS said:

pull tabs are a total mystery to me :(

They're like scratch off lottery tickets but you pull a tab instead of scratching with a coin. Somehow this makes them magical to Midwesterners.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bentley said:

They're like scratch off lottery tickets but you pull a tab instead of scratching with a coin. Somehow this makes them magical to Midwesterners.

Midwesterners are so weird

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, bentley said:

They're like scratch off lottery tickets but you pull a tab instead of scratching with a coin. Somehow this makes them magical to Midwesterners.

We have these in Washington.  It sets dive bars apart from other bars. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Cocktail Sauce, IMO

Because the name is suggestive and he is pantless in a strip club.  I like it.  Of course the Tartar could have had subliminal advantages as tell.  Steak tartar (having noting to do with the sauce but sharing a name) is, as you know raw.  The subliminal message could have been, eat it raw. 

 

Wait, I'm having a meltdown.  Not pretty.  I need some shrooms, blow, nitrous, and a weekend of good live blues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Because the name is suggestive and he is pantless in a strip club.  I like it.  Of course the Tartar could have had subliminal advantages as tell.  Steak tartar (having noting to do with the sauce but sharing a name) is, as you know raw.  The subliminal message could have been, eat it raw. 

 

Wait, I'm having a meltdown.  Not pretty.  I need some shrooms, blow, nitrous, and a weekend of good live blues.

No, it's the "k" sound.  It's inherently funny.

Cucumber is funny.  Car Keys is funny.  Cleveland is funny.  

Maryland is not funny.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

The beef heart isn't for certain.  I'm getting a second opinion from the Chief of Surgery at a nearby hospital who's a friend of mine later this week, but it looks like best case scenario I wait a couple years. Probably means I can set my death clock at 20 years the day after the surgery which is a weird feeling.

Probably way more time than most of this group has left judging by general lifestyle.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, strykerpks said:

Those look like tip boards which we use for pools and stuff but if you can win money and they are tabs you can pull so we'll go with that. Disregard the grammar in that sentence.

The Wisconsota version looks like this

That's like the ones I've seen here, except ours are just one tab instead of three.  Like the non-circular ones in the picture I posted.  I'd never seen that dumb circular kind with the cocktail recipes before.  Going to stick to traditional from now on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, -fish- said:

went out with vendorchick last night.   she's wild.   gave her a steamy leona before I left this morning.

I read this as ventiloquist and thought that would really suck to still hear nagging while getting a slurpy leona

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, heckmanm said:

Local brewpub used to have a "Men" door mounted flat on the wall directly opposite the actual men's room door (which had a "Boys" sign).  It also happened to be the one you tended to see first as you walked into the hallway.  Always funny to see people trying to open that door.

 

Until you see the, um, developmentally disabled guy struggling with it.

There's a bar over on the coast and their bathroom signs say "gulls" and "buoys".  So rich.

Edited by Sconch
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

HVAC contractor installing my new system today. Great guys and they're doing a great job. Only...apparently the supplier gave them the wrong furnace. And it wasn't noticed until the owner was here to get the system up and running. Which means we have AC now, but that they'll have to come back to rip out the furnace they installed and put in the new one. And of course they can't do it next week because the owner is on vacation and then the next week we'll be ok vacation.

It's not like I'll need my furnace at this point, but sheesh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

HVAC contractor installing my new system today. Great guys and they're doing a great job. Only...apparently the supplier gave them the wrong furnace. And it wasn't noticed until the owner was here to get the system up and running. Which means we have AC now, but that they'll have to come back to rip out the furnace they installed and put in the new one. And of course they can't do it next week because the owner is on vacation and then the next week we'll be ok vacation.

It's not like I'll need my furnace at this point, but sheesh. 

But they'll be leaving the one they put in accidentally until they replace it?  Or at least furnacing you with some kind of stopgap in the meantime?

Link to post
Share on other sites

#WeekOfMalaise update:

Went over to dinner at my parents house last night.  Meh, I didn't have any plans, but they were cooking steak and twice baked potatoes, which I love more than raisins.  Started watching a show on Netflix called Stranger Things, but paranormal or whatever isn't for me and started in on Night Of.  Now that's good!  Slept on the big couch in the basement, which is nice and cool.  Even had to close the windows as it was downright cold around 3am.  

Have not used a single dish since Tuesday.  Recycling bin is getting mighty full, though. Was a wee bit worried my invite to dinner was going to be, you know....one of those interruptions that trapped our good buddy HS. :oldunsure: 

I bought Frosty almost $100 worth of beef jerky yesterday.  I dread the shipping process, which I'm sure will cost as much as the contents did.  Hate mailing stuff.

Rereading this, I honestly thought there'd be more excitement.  I'm.......I'm now boring.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...