Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing


Recommended Posts

Small potatoes compared to what some here are going through, but Christ on a pogo stick - I think every appliance in my house has a poltergeist. After a week of trying to figure out what's wrong with my brand-new HVAC unit, now I think my hot water heater is shot. I don't have an unlimited budget, but anyone here have any experience with HE tankless units? 

In other news, had a fishing trip lined up with some of the guys on my dad's side of the family for yesterday. My cousin works with a guy who owns a charter boat out of Deale, MD (my home town). So Friday I drove over, had lunch with my mom at this cool little Honduran restaurant in Annapolis, then went to my brother's house. We weren't fishing until the afternoon as the captain had a paid charter in the morning. We were literally walking out the door when my cousin called and said the boat had lost power on the other side of the Bay with its morning charter and had to limp home on idle. My cousin had bought enough food to end world hunger, so he & my uncle came to my brother's house where we watched the Olympics, ate some kick ### BBQ, and drank maybe a beer or two.

Oh, and I'm girding myself for battle at work tomorrow. There's an ugly confrontation coming with a general contractor we're working for. I told him on the phone Thursday that I'd be out Friday - while we were discussing the issues in question - and we'd pick it up again Monday. He agreed, then that ##### Friday went and wrote a nasty letter to me, copying everyone on God's green Earth (I'm sure some of you have gotten it) including the owner. I typed out responses about 40 times this weekend but never hit "send" on any of 'em (for once). This is one of those ####### guys who has "asap" as a macro key on his keyboard, so maybe some of you know what I'm dealing with here. I've got a series of meetings out there Tuesday and I reckon I may have just about wound myself into wanting to "discuss" this out loud by then. I can feel my bp rising typing this. I ####### HATE people who do this ####.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 87.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Officer Pete Malloy

    5008

  • General Malaise

    4491

  • El Floppo

    4251

  • kevzilla

    3115

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

On August 5, 2016 at 8:31 PM, Mr.Pack said:

So we are anxiously waiting for some tests to come back to see if my wife may have some form of the big C. I get the mail today and I #### you not, she gets an advertisement addressed to her from a Funeral Home. We never get that kind of advertisement and don't even have any in our city.

WTF

Good luck, man.  I hope it goes well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sat down with my buddy today, chief of surgery at a local hospital and the son of the last honest governor of Louisiana.  He made it very clear in no uncertain terms that if I don't schedule this surgery he's helping my wife get me declared incompetent, getting assigned my right to make medical decisions, and scheduling the surgery himself.

So... I guess I have to tell my wife about this now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hawks64 said:

Yep, I'm fine so was her sister and our BIL. Her and her sister drank the same beer all day. They both had the same food too so not sure what else it could have been.

Saw the headline on CNN that a whole Ohio festival got deathly ill on drug laced candy someone dosed without telling anyone and thought of you.  Hope everything is okay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Sat down with my buddy today, chief of surgery at a local hospital and the son of the last honest governor of Louisiana.  He made it very clear in no uncertain terms that if I don't schedule this surgery he's helping my wife get me declared incompetent, getting assigned my right to make medical decisions, and scheduling the surgery himself.

So... I guess I have to tell my wife about this now.

Jeez, man. Missed your post in my initial run-through. Best of luck to you..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Small potatoes compared to what some here are going through, but Christ on a pogo stick - I think every appliance in my house has a poltergeist. After a week of trying to figure out what's wrong with my brand-new HVAC unit, now I think my hot water heater is shot. I don't have an unlimited budget, but anyone here have any experience with HE tankless units? 

In other news, had a fishing trip lined up with some of the guys on my dad's side of the family for yesterday. My cousin works with a guy who owns a charter boat out of Deale, MD (my home town). So Friday I drove over, had lunch with my mom at this cool little Honduran restaurant in Annapolis, then went to my brother's house. We weren't fishing until the afternoon as the captain had a paid charter in the morning. We were literally walking out the door when my cousin called and said the boat had lost power on the other side of the Bay with its morning charter and had to limp home on idle. My cousin had bought enough food to end world hunger, so he & my uncle came to my brother's house where we watched the Olympics, ate some kick ### BBQ, and drank maybe a beer or two.

Oh, and I'm girding myself for battle at work tomorrow. There's an ugly confrontation coming with a general contractor we're working for. I told him on the phone Thursday that I'd be out Friday - while we were discussing the issues in question - and we'd pick it up again Monday. He agreed, then that ##### Friday went and wrote a nasty letter to me, copying everyone on God's green Earth (I'm sure some of you have gotten it) including the owner. I typed out responses about 40 times this weekend but never hit "send" on any of 'em (for once). This is one of those ####### guys who has "asap" as a macro key on his keyboard, so maybe some of you know what I'm dealing with here. I've got a series of meetings out there Tuesday and I reckon I may have just about wound myself into wanting to "discuss" this out loud by then. I can feel my bp rising typing this. I ####### HATE people who do this ####.

You need a vacation.  Might have to move your visit to cosveston up a bit?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Sat down with my buddy today, chief of surgery at a local hospital and the son of the last honest governor of Louisiana.  He made it very clear in no uncertain terms that if I don't schedule this surgery he's helping my wife get me declared incompetent, getting assigned my right to make medical decisions, and scheduling the surgery himself.

So... I guess I have to tell my wife about this now.

#### man.

Take care of yourself. You only have one life. Get this stuff taken care of ASAP.

Good luck, thoughts and prayers your way 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Uruk-Hai said:

Jeez, man. Missed your post in my initial run-through. Best of luck to you..

Thanks.  I think my opening line to my wife should start with "Okay, don't have a cow..."

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr.Pack said:

#### man.

Take care of yourself. You only have one life. Get this stuff taken care of ASAP.

Good luck, thoughts and prayers your way 

Thanks.  Kind of numb.  I guess it'll all be what it will be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -fish- said:

Vendorchick turns out to have been a former "Miss Fitness Alaska."   I may need some spare parts for my heart soon.   

I have a used valve in pretty bad shape I can send you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Sat down with my buddy today, chief of surgery at a local hospital and the son of the last honest governor of Louisiana.  He made it very clear in no uncertain terms that if I don't schedule this surgery he's helping my wife get me declared incompetent, getting assigned my right to make medical decisions, and scheduling the surgery himself.

So... I guess I have to tell my wife about this now.

 

Get it done immediately HF.  Holy ####.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I skimmed through some pages a few days ago and apparently missed what is wrong with your heart, HF, but I'm glad you're getting everything taken care of.  The world, and more importantly the GMTAN, needs lots more years of you.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, krista4 said:

I skimmed through some pages a few days ago and apparently missed what is wrong with your heart, HF, but I'm glad you're getting everything taken care of.  The world, and more importantly the GMTAN, needs lots more years of you.

It's broken because I realized you were already married.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr.Pack said:

#### man.

Take care of yourself. You only have one life. Get this stuff taken care of ASAP.

Good luck, thoughts and prayers your way 

This. Don't be a stubborn, old, dead bastard.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Saw the headline on CNN that a whole Ohio festival got deathly ill on drug laced candy someone dosed without telling anyone and thought of you.  Hope everything is okay.

Thanks Henry...about 9:30 last night she was 180 degrees from where she was 3 hours ago. And totally fine today so not sure WTF happened by it was ugly while it was happening. And genuinely small in comparison to what some other FBGs are going through right now.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Sat down with my buddy today, chief of surgery at a local hospital and the son of the last honest governor of Louisiana.  He made it very clear in no uncertain terms that if I don't schedule this surgery he's helping my wife get me declared incompetent, getting assigned my right to make medical decisions, and scheduling the surgery himself.

So... I guess I have to tell my wife about this now.

JFC I missed this...not sure how though. Man be smart about this, I imagine it's not a fun thing to think about it but it's better than then alternative. Get well GB and TPW, now go get you some cow heart!

Edited by Hawks64
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Abraham said:

There's an institution, like with a handshake and dues and stuff?

Yeah,  you  agree not to have sex in exchange for half of your #### as  a membership fee.   Nobody has really figured out the upside. At  least Costco has a hot dog and a Pepsi for $1.50

 

Edited by -fish-
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Yeah,  you  agree not to have sex in exchange for half of your #### as  a membership fee.   Nobody has really figured out the upside. At  least Costco has a hot dog and a Pepsi for $1.50

 

Nobody?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -fish- said:

Saw GM,  made him do a shot of tequila, insulted the institution of marriage and left.   Good  day. 

Thanks for the invite, #######s.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Saw the headline on CNN that a whole Ohio festival got deathly ill on drug laced candy someone dosed without telling anyone and thought of you.  Hope everything is okay.

The "drug-laced candy" were marijuana edibles so I think they knew what they were doing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

There's a show on HGTV about a couple that is looking for an island in Lake Nicaragua to buy. I can't tell you how disappointed I was to see that the kristas are not involved.

Were they buying in Las Isletas?  We looked at a few there.  it's a series of about 370 islands in Lake Nicaragua by Granada.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, krista4 said:

Were they buying in Las Isletas?  We looked at a few there.  it's a series of about 370 islands in Lake Nicaragua by Granada.  

Yeah, just a smattering of tiny islands, full of trees, with lots of outdoor living. I imagine the mosquitoes are otherwordly at certain times of the year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kevzilla said:

Yeah, just a smattering of tiny islands, full of trees, with lots of outdoor living. I imagine the mosquitoes are otherwordly at certain times of the year.

Yeah, but you could be neighbors with the Isle Of Monkeys.

I did a tour of Las Isletas when I stayed at the kristas' place in Granada. Really cool. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...