What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (13 Viewers)

mr. furley said:
*sees $60 pair of hard to acquire Jordan's for sale on facebook. 

*sees dozens of other posts by the same guy selling similarly hard to acquire Jordan's for the same price

*asks if the shoes are legit and where the guy is buying them

*flooded with responses from people telling me to #### off if i don't think they're legit

i was 18 once and shopped at a flea market for knock off Hilfiger and Polo gear, too. no shame.  but am curious if legit selling $60 Jordan's that normally retail for $150 and gray market for three times that and, if legit, then i'll buy a couple pair.  at the same time not stupid enough to blindly trust some guy selling Foot Locker quantity shoes and gear out of his garage for far less than retail.

people are weird
I have no idea what you're talking about, but this reminded me I have still have my original pair of 85 Jordans.  I think I need to put them on ebay.

Fat Drunk and Stupid said:
ETA: If you're over 30 and you're asking friends/family to help you move. #### right off.*

*No offense to the Sconch family
Huh.  My family has moved each other any time any of us have moved.  Didn't know that was weird.  We move stuff, drink beer, and get pizza.  It's not the worst day.  Then again, we've never done a full move from a house to a house either.  I'm drunk.

Huh.  My family has moved each other any time any of us have moved.  Didn't know that was weird.  We move stuff, drink beer, and get pizza.  It's not the worst day.  Then again, we've never done a full move from a house to a house either.  I'm drunk.
Sounds horrible.  Of course you people seem to like and know about moving stuff. Like trains all the way to the west coast. 

Officer Murphy had been watching the pub all day

He had his eyes on one particular car that had been in the lot since the pub opened that afternoon. 

Sure enough, about mid evening he sees old Mr. O'Malley stumble out of the pub, somehow get the car started, and start weaving down the road.

Officer Murphy followed him for a few miles, then pulled him over. "Good evenin' to ye, Mr. O'Malley," said the officer. "I saw you leavin' the pub and your driving looks a little rough. Tell me, did you have anything to drink in the pub?"

"Oh, yes, officer. I had some of me Guiness, don't ya know." "Did you have more than one?" asked the policeman. "Well, I was there all day, so yes, I'm sure I had quite a few of 'em," Mr. O'Malley replied.

Officer Murphy frowned and said, "Mr. O'Malley, I don't think you're in any shape to be driving. Do you even know that your wife fell out of the car a few blocks back?"

"Praise God!" shouted Mr. O'Malley. "I thought I was losin' me hearing!"​

I have no idea what you're talking about, but this reminded me I have still have my original pair of 85 Jordans.  I think I need to put them on ebay.
cap seems to be $60 on those

unless they're unworn and with the box. then you might get $60.

I'll be spending some quality time in Reading Terminal Market.
Reading Terminal for sure. 

The two best restaurants in Philly are probably Vetri (extremely expensive) and Zahav (Israeli/middle eastern). 

Mark Vetri has other less pricey places that are all really good:. http://vetrifamily.com/

great hole in the wall korean is Giwa. Their tacos and dol sat bimibob are awesome. Federal Street Donuts and a hummas place owned by the zahav guy are also on that same samson block. 

If you are a belgian beer guy you have to go to Monk's. 

Alma de Cuba, El Vez, or Tequilla's are good latin food.

continental for martinis

Lots of great places though. These are Just off the top of my head. 

El Floppo said:
just met with the "director of architecture" (ie: the other architect left... but also the guy who runs that side of things- but as an employee). he was out of the office for the official laying off, but made a point of apologizing to me because he had wanted to be here for it- both for the sake of the other architect and for me. 

told me that earlier in the week the office manager said because of lack of billing, one of us had to go- and he said they couldn't afford to lose me, so had to be the other guy (who is more junior than me). I thanked him, but also expressed my nervousness... he said that there's no way our side of things will get less than 2- that he would quit before it happened.

even if he's over-compensating to appease my fears, it's working- definitely feel less freaked out. also met with the boss, who's pulling me into some other #### that layed-off guy was working on... so more work for me at least... for the time being.

still going to update the portfolio and resume- already started looking, and there's some applicable stuff out there. just not sure I'd get the paycheck I am now, or the flexibility to make time for my kids.
See?  Damn crybaby.

Whatever happened to YSR?

I noticed Clemson struggling in their game against Troy and I thought of how her dad might be reacting...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading Terminal for sure. 

The two best restaurants in Philly are probably Vetri (extremely expensive) and Zahav (Israeli/middle eastern). 

Mark Vetri has other less pricey places that are all really good:. http://vetrifamily.com/

great hole in the wall korean is Giwa. Their tacos and dol sat bimibob are awesome. Federal Street Donuts and a hummas place owned by the zahav guy are also on that same samson block. 

If you are a belgian beer guy you have to go to Monk's. 

Alma de Cuba, El Vez, or Tequilla's are good latin food.

continental for martinis

Lots of great places though. These are Just off the top of my head. 
Most appreciated.

local market has mint OG's for max of $60

at least that's what has been screamed at me via facebook all day today

eta: you should sell yours and take superbabytm on a nice vacation
"local market" went out the door when the internet was invented.

ahhh, football.  already got a text from a friend telling me "this is the same #### team (Packers) i've watched over the last 7 years. i had high hopes for this season, too. oh well"

it's the 2nd quarter of week 1 :mellow:

ahhh, football.  already got a text from a friend telling me "this is the same #### team (Packers) i've watched over the last 7 years. i had high hopes for this season, too. oh well"

it's the 2nd quarter of week 1 :mellow:
Well sure looks like the same old #### from the Packers D.

Users who are viewing this thread