Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing

4 minutes ago, St. Louis Bob said:

15 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

When is this party?  Is the host some kind of masochist - it's 90 degrees and humid.  

Is he planning on a having the hot tub going?

Next Saturday.  There's going to be a snow machine. :mellow:

Sounds super fun Bob.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, St. Louis Bob said:

Seriously, I could use some suggestions if anybody has them.  Found a fashion website I'm trying to comprehend.  Was REALLY hoping that apres ski= cat shirt.  This is a fund raiser, won't know anyone and a class of people I'm not used to hang with.  For example, Sac, according to the evite website, the Schnuck's aren't going to be able to make it.

I can't make it either. Sorry gb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sconch said:

Never had a problem with Geico :shrug:

Same here.  Been rear-ended at least twice (save your jokes, Gaffagain) and lost one car to a flood and they've always been easy to deal with.

I think insurance companies in general suck but Geico sucks no harder than any other.  

2 minutes ago, St. Louis Bob said:

Wondering what to wear.  I've settled on boots & jeans and maybe a sweater?

watch hot tub time machine.   wear anything anyone wears in that movie.

boots, jeans and a sweater sounds like very low effort.   Go big.

2 hours ago, Abraham said:

My wife used to point out that I was a bad parent in front of the kids. That was fun. 

Ugh.  Sorry, man.

If it makes you feel any better, my ex said to my very young kids:

"Don't listen to daddy.  He's being a (female dog) right now."

and then another time:

"I hope when you grow up you don't marry a jerk like your father."

24 minutes ago, Hov34 said:

Didn't really want to start a new thread with this and take up valuable Trump/Clinton space so enjoy:

Corey Feldman is back... in pog form.

What the actual ####### ####?  So...he's some kind of Michael Jackson-esque Sith Lord now? 

Guy must have the best publicist ever to actually book a gig at all, let alone one that involved that super sweet album cover art.

9 hours ago, shuke said:

Monday night.

Me, you, Abe, Leroy Jenkins, Kev, Cos.  Uni, Stu and Bogart are driving down. 

You're in charge of planning.

Leroy is staying downtown right? Is this going to be one of those bull#### 9 pm happy hours you like?

23 minutes ago, bentley said:

Leroy is staying downtown right? Is this going to be one of those bull#### 9 pm happy hours you like?

Probably. Shuke sucks at cornholing. "I'm available Tuesday night st 11pm after I've had a ribeye. Do you like that place 39 miles out of town?"

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, shuke said:

So you're supposed to dress like this, in September in St. Louis, after having not skied?  So dumb.

This is the Midwest, dude, they're weird.

Edited by cstu

3 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

Same here.  Been rear-ended at least twice (save your jokes, Gaffagain) and lost one car to a flood and they've always been easy to deal with.

I think insurance companies in general suck but Geico sucks no harder than any other.  

I like Geico too.  Been with them 5 years. No claims other than windshield repair.  But jacking my rates up for one ticket in 10 years?  Seems a bit much.  

6 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

I like Geico too.  Been with them 5 years. No claims other than windshield repair.  But jacking my rates up for one ticket in 10 years?  Seems a bit much.  

Not normal.  I'm in the insurance world and can tell you that in most cases if you don't make changes to your policy we wouldn't even know there was a ticket.  If we do make a change, we'll see the ticket on the driving record within the policy.  Minor tickets like speeding etc. wouldn't move the needle at all unless you are new to our company or a higher risk category (super young or old).  Major violations like DUI or reckless driving would be brought to the attention of the company by DMV and of course result in adverse action.  My peers at other companies have said their systems are similar.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

I like Geico too.  

I liked them when they were my carrier too.

Recently, I had the pleasure of having one of their insureds ram into my wife's practically new parked car. 

They were fine about the repairs but should have declared the vehicle a total loss. Now they are being real pricks about a legitimate diminished value claim. So we are suing their insureds and their chinzy (chinsee? chinsie?) cheap asses. We will probably get more than they were offering in settlement, but probably only enough to cover our legal fees. But dammit, the adjuster was so smug and dismissive I still think it will be worth it.

Edited by RedmondLonghorn