Top Posters In This Topic

• Officer Pete Malloy

• General Malaise

• El Floppo

• kevzilla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moo.

HELLO FROM REHAB!!!!   Not sure if anything's been shared but Sunday dinner at my parents' a couple weeks ago was in fact an elaborate ruse to stage an intervention.  Actually it wasn't very

Everybody take a minute tonight (or today) to raise a glass to HeckDad.  My sister just called to tell me that he passed away at home.  Don't have details other than he fell, but he was 94 with a bad

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bentley said:

And actually I have people that take care of the planning when they are. Should have delegated this to PR chick.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of overthinking things. In honor of our guest from out of town, I think we should pick an Austin classic rather than some obscure east side spot that I would normally pick like Shangri-La or the Brixton.

So, let's cornhole Monday at 7 pm at the bar at The Driskill. Classic Austin scene, good drinks and easy access to any number of other restaurants or locations.

I have a thing at 6pm that I have to attend. I probably won't get out of there until at least 8 is my guess. 

21 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

sitting on the family couch Friday night. wife, me and the youngest. oldest was at a sleepover.

my 5 year old looks at me: :excited: "dad! there's a bird in the house!!!  LOOK AT THE CAAAAAAAAAAAATS!!"

my wife: :oldunsure: uh, can you go... check on that "bird"?  (pulls a blanket over her and the kid)

me: i didn't see anything :mellow:

meanwhile the cats are bouncing up and down, chattering and trying to catch the "bird". 

i wandered in to the kitchen. cats are on the counter looking up on top of our cabinets and sure enough, it's a ####### bat.

so i did what any responsible parent would do. put the kid on the steps upstairs, shut the door, opened the front door of the house and waited outside until that mother####er evacuated the premises. :mellow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3po2ER3jxnI

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I have a thing at 6pm that I have to attend. I probably won't get out of there until at least 8 is my guess. 

Please rank the following venue features in order of importance: 

-Boneless chicken wing availability
-Full bar
-Texas chainsaw massacre themed decor
-Kids menu 

5 minutes ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

Fish sauce is magical. It is the Worchestershireerer of SE Asia.

Oh I like it just fine.  I just never would have considered it for meatballs.  

Wonder if Tanner enjoys it:  Fish sauce is an amber-colored liquid extracted from the fermentation of fish with sea salt.

8 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Wonder if Tanner enjoys it:  Fish sauce is an amber-colored liquid extracted from the fermentation of fish with sea salt.

I tend to put a dash of Worchesetersire in almost anything I do with ground meats. Same thing, but for the translucent peoples.

10 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Try it in your meatloaf or hamburger mix next time

1 hour ago, Sconch said:
1 hour ago, bentley said:

And actually I have people that take care of the planning when they are. Should have delegated this to PR chick.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of overthinking things. In honor of our guest from out of town, I think we should pick an Austin classic rather than some obscure east side spot that I would normally pick like Shangri-La or the Brixton.

So, let's cornhole Monday at 7 pm at the bar at The Driskill. Classic Austin scene, good drinks and easy access to any number of other restaurants or locations.

Just checked the menu at the Driskill Grill.  No boneless wings.  Lame.

Start with drinks at the Driskill - great place.  I always liked Manuel's mole enchilada - like it better than the Iron Cactus.  

25 minutes ago, RedmondLonghorn said:

Please rank the following venue features in order of importance: 

-Boneless chicken wing availability
-Full bar
-Texas chainsaw massacre themed decor
-Kids menu 

Full bar

Boneless wing availability

Stupid decor

Kids menu

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Sounds pretty good.  I love worchestershushtershire sauce.

8 minutes ago, Sconch said:

It better be Lea and Perrins.  None of that French's or Heinz horse ####.

store bought?  bah.

gotta make your own with vinegar, molasses, fish sauce, tamarind paste, soy sauce, onion juice, pygmy blood and shallots

• Like 6
1 hour ago, tommyboy said:

If you got one bat, you got more. They love attics and eves. Might want to get that inspected you don't want to be inhaling bat guano

pretty sure it flew in while we had the back door open after coming home abut 15 minutes earlier.  kid and wife were holding it open doing.... i have no idea what

3 hours ago, bentley said:

See you at 9:00.

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Aren't you the guest of honor? 

I'm going to a happy hour downtown at 4 and will be at the Driskill by 7 and depart by 10. The rest of you ####ers can do whatever you want on Monday.

28 minutes ago, bentley said:

I'm going to a happy hour downtown at 4 and will be at the Driskill by 7 and depart by 10. The rest of you ####ers can do whatever you want on Monday.

I'm honored to be the guest of honor then. 

The conference I am attending has some opening reception from 6-8.  I can probably get out before then and meet over there.  There are just 4 women from my company attending as well and I dont want to just ditch them the first chance I get.  Well, I DO want to do that, but cant really.  But I will make it work.

I am supposed to land around 12:20 on Monday. I have this reception at 6 that night. Tuesday I am in the conference all day, but have downtime 4-7 and I fly out wednesday at 2pm.  My boss is telling me to skip all morning sessions on Wednesday and get in line at Franklins for barbecue at 9am instead. 

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, bentley said:

How hospitable of you.

• Like 1

Sister had been feeling sick for the last few days, so decided to go to the doctor today and it was discovered that she has a parasite. Not life-threatening or anything terribly serious, but the drug she was prescribed recently went from $6/dose to $700. And it's on backorder. :lmao: 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Oh. Had my CT scan and other tests. Still have some other things to go through, but looks like none of the big Cs. It does appear that my wife and mom are right though; I am full of ####. 

Meh, we're all going to kill ourselves on Monday anyway.

• Like 1

us bank shut off my company credit card because of suspicious fraudulent activity yesterday.  I appreciate their diligence.  I approved the transactions, all of which were made with the card present.  And I go on with my life. 

And this morning their are 4 transactions over $1000 posted to my account from a Vietnamese travel agency. ?

What the guck us bank?

4 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I'm honored to be the guest of honor then. 

The conference I am attending has some opening reception from 6-8.  I can probably get out before then and meet over there.  There are just 4 women from my company attending as well and I dont want to just ditch them the first chance I get.  Well, I DO want to do that, but cant really.  But I will make it work.

I'm pretty sure that "4 women" is right in my wheelhouse. Bring them.

• Like 1