What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty and Redraft: David Johnson Saints (2 Viewers)

That injury of his killed his chances this training camp. Had he been healthy, he would have been the clear #1 RB on this team right now.
Yes, the tough irony is that if DJ doesn't get hurt in training camp, CJ probably gets signed by another team or remains on his couch.

I dropped this guy to pickup Knile Davis. I just don't see DJ getting the carries necessary to be reliable.

I dropped this guy to pickup Knile Davis. I just don't see DJ getting the carries necessary to be reliable.
Ooof
I'm not naive enough to think Knile is better than DJ but Knile/West will likely be a one-two punch going forward. DJ is 3rd behind two vets under a coach that likes his vets. I love DJ and I'll draft him next year but he's not getting the touches this year unless both vets are down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooof
I'm not naive enough to think Knile is better than DJ but Knile/West will likely be a one-two punch going forward. DJ is 3rd behind two vets under a coach that likes his vets.I love DJ and I'll draft him next year but he's not getting the touches this year unless both vets are down.
why did he get the goal line carries last week?

I'm holding DJ in both of my redrafts. One has really deep benches so its a no brainer.

The other is a 14 teamer with short benches and I'm hoarding RBs to the point that I don't even have a defense for this week rostered yet. I actually have CJ?K in that league as well.

RBs are too valuable in my leagues and I just like the talent too much. I still think he pays dividends in redraft later this season and he's capable of putting up points even on the limited touches he's getting now as evidenced by 4 of 5 weeks so far.

Ooof
I'm not naive enough to think Knile is better than DJ but Knile/West will likely be a one-two punch going forward. DJ is 3rd behind two vets under a coach that likes his vets.I love DJ and I'll draft him next year but he's not getting the touches this year unless both vets are down.
why did he get the goal line carries last week?
One of the carries was Chris Johnson was gassed after a 40 yard run to the goal line and waved him. No idea what happened on the second, I stopped watching because the Lions suck

I'll have to start him this week due to byes and injuries. I say this only as a warning to others in the same situation, as I'm a total gooch. Expect 0 points from D.J. this week.

I'm really at a loss here. I have DJ and Ellington in a league and I really need to start one.....I'm leaning DJ because all he does is produce wen he gets his touches.....but I feel like if I start him he'll crap out!

I know this is AC stuff, but I think it's appropriate to keep this discussion going.....there's a pile of fantasy points with this team but that backfield is maddening.

That's likely because he goes down at the hint of contact.
For a large majority of his career I assume he hasn't taken much of a beating at all, yeah. Towards the tail end of his time in TEN and specifically when he moved over to NYJ he changed up his game and showed the willingness/capability to grind out yards in between the tackles. He really didn't have a choice since he couldn't lean on his speed anymore. I didn't think he was specifically good in NYJ but did notice the change right away. Now, here he is in ARI after everyone considered him washed up looking like a great all around RB.

For a large majority of his career I assume he hasn't taken much of a beating at all, yeah. Towards the tail end of his time in TEN and specifically when he moved over to NYJ he changed up his game and showed the willingness/capability to grind out yards in between the tackles. He really didn't have a choice since he couldn't lean on his speed anymore. I didn't think he was specifically good in NYJ but did notice the change right away. Now, here he is in ARI after everyone considered him washed up looking like a great all around RB.
I'd like to see the numbers. I'd be surprised if CJ's even league average after contact.

I'll have to start him this week due to byes and injuries. I say this only as a warning to others in the same situation, as I'm a total gooch Keerock. Expect 0 points from D.J. this week.
FIFY ;)
David Johnson has scored a TD in every game this season so far except one. That one non-td game was the one time I started him all season. Instead of Randle. Who scored 3 TDs on my bench that day. :thumbup:

I'll have to start him this week due to byes and injuries. I say this only as a warning to others in the same situation, as I'm a total gooch Keerock. Expect 0 points from D.J. this week.
FIFY ;)
David Johnson has scored a TD in every game this season so far except one. That one non-td game was the one time I started him all season. Instead of Randle. Who scored 3 TDs on my bench that day. :thumbup:
You are exceptionally good and making the wrong decision. :)

I don't think you are quite at TommyGunz level, but a poor mans TGunz perhaps?

Who are you starting this week? Perhaps we could use this as a reverse barometer of starts to avoid.

Biabreakable said:
Gr00vus said:
FIFY ;)
You are exceptionally good and making the wrong decision. :)

I don't think you are quite at TommyGunz level, but a poor mans TGunz perhaps?

Who are you starting this week? Perhaps we could use this as a reverse barometer of starts to avoid.
Like I said, I'm very likely starting D.J. today. Might sub in Duke Johnson instead, but it's a TD heavy league, so I'm leaning towards a most unlikely guy to be 2nd in the NFL in TDs. Other RBs will be Mel Gordon and Javorius Allen. Enjoy.

Milkman said:
SameSongNDance said:
Milkman said:
I'd like to see the numbers. I'd be surprised if CJ's even league average after contact.
Per Pro Football Focus, CJ?K is currently ranked 7th out of 51 in the league (of backs with 25% or more of team attempts) at 2.87 Yards after Contact per Attempt.

Of note: David Johnson is at 2.50 Yards after Contact per Attempt, and Andre Ellington is at 2.00 Yards after Contact per Attempt, though neither qualify for the 25% or more of team rushing attempts.

I hope all those considering playing D.J. (and/or Javorius Allen and Melvin Gordon) yesterday heeded my gooch alert.

I think this could be one of those games where Palmer can push the ball down the field at will but DaVid Johnson gets all the td's

I think Arians is content to let the young gun sit back and observe how a team wins. With two healthy veterans at RB now, it looks like DJ's wild TD streak will yield to the comfort that vets seem to bring for Arians.

I still think CJ isn't going to be the most valuable Cards back the rest of the way. I am not sure if it will be Ellington or DJ, but one of them is going to have some real value going forward IMO.

I still think CJ isn't going to be the most valuable Cards back the rest of the way. I am not sure if it will be Ellington or DJ, but one of them is going to have some real value going forward IMO.
I think CJ will remain the most valuable barring injury, but have to think that running 20-25 times a game is going to wear down CJ at this stage. Opens up more work for DJ, Ellington or both.

I think CJ will remain the most valuable barring injury, but have to think that running 20-25 times a game is going to wear down CJ at this stage. Opens up more work for DJ, Ellington or both.
I agree. I think they called on CJ when things got dicey (Ellington out, and a rookie RB with no reps) but I don't think they keep ringing this bell all season long. I see a full committee at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread