What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty and Redraft: David Johnson Saints (5 Viewers)

Some serious drugs were consumed in this thread methinks.
Um he's doing pretty good at the half.- 10 carries

- 53 rush yards

- 2 receptoins

- 6 receiving yards

Not bad at all but I'm glad I started Adrian Peterson instead over him right now but I think DJ will get at least one long'ish reception and still crank out decent yards, maybe even possibly score but if he only equals his first half then its a decent fantasy game.
Hey don't get me wrong, I have him going in my two most important leagues. I do not however own Peterson but could not imagine any scenario where I'd be sitting him if I did.

- 53 rush yards

- 2 receptoins

- 6 receiving yards

Not bad at all but I'm glad I started Adrian Peterson instead over him right now but I think DJ will get at least one long'ish reception and still crank out decent yards, maybe even possibly score but if he only equals his first half then its a decent fantasy game.
Hey don't get me wrong, I have him going in my two most important leagues. I do not however own Peterson but could not imagine any scenario where I'd be sitting him if I did.
Well right now the side-by-side fantasy scoring in my league reads:

Adrian Peterson - 10.4 pts

David Johnson - 10.1 pts

Tight as a tick scoring right now.

Very easily could have had 2 TD's in this game. One yard short and hurt himself on the dive for the endzone and he tripped in the 1st quarter or he would have had a TD reception. I know owners are disappointed but the TD's are going to come in bunches with this usage. Just have to be patient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great showing once again. Think it's clear he is the lead dog once Ellington gets back and will get 20+ touches per game. Only dilemma is if AZ decides to rest first teamera week 16. FF nightmare!!!!

Very easily could have had 2 TD's in this game. One yard short and hurt himself on the dive for the endzone and he tripped in the 1st quarter or he would have had a TD reception. I know owners are disappointed but the TD's are going to come in bunches with this usage. Just have to be patient.
That's fine for owners who survive 1st round of playoffs. I really needed a big(ger) game from him with injuries. Not too salty, just had sky high expectations.

If you have a completely expendable roster spot (which is really anyone you wouldn't feel comfortable leaning on in the playoffs) or have a first round bye I'd suggest cuffing DJ with Kerwynn Williams. Around this same time last year, Ellington went down and Williams was similarly activated from the PS. His stat lines..

Week 14 - 19/100

Week 15 15/75 (2 catches for 11 yards and a fumble)

Week 16 - 2/4 (have to assume due to the fumble, plus they got blown out by SEA 36-3)

Week 17 - 17/67

He's clearly no DJ and would split time with Taylor to an extent but I like what I saw last week and I like the TNF insurance. After the game (assuming DJ is fine) you can just can cycle him out and move on (assuming Yahoo).
I picked him up off this post. He looks serviceable if dj is out for next game. Nice post.

He was in on the last play they ran before the FG.

He had a decent day, should have had 2 TDs.

Dropped one and got stopped at the 1.

- 53 rush yards

- 2 receptoins

- 6 receiving yards

David Johnson - 10.1 pts

Final side-by-side.

RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB @Ari L 20-23

Bench

David Johnson, Ari RB Min W 23-20

BA isn't dumb, he knows the only way MIN even remotely stands a chance tonight is if AP gets 20-30 touches and excels with them. MIN's pass game as been atrocious and the defense is decimated, BA will commit as many resources as he feasibly can to stop AP tonight.

Will he stop him? Maybe. It depends on your definition of "stop". Do I think AP will have some weird 8 for 18 game like he did last week? No chance. Something like 25/90/0 (ARI allows 90YPG on the ground) seems more feasible with a couple receptions thrown in. A TD will define his night.

I do however think the way this game sets up for DJ (much better ground match-up, MIN projected as heavy underdogs, fresh legs, likely more involvement in the passing game) and he has a higher floor/ceiling. It's close, but I'd personally go DJ. I've also been known to sit studs because I'll essentially sit anyone, I don't give a ####.
I think I did a rather decent job of assesing this situation. #humblebrag

- 53 rush yards

- 2 receptoins

- 6 receiving yards

David Johnson - 10.1 pts

Final side-by-side.

RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB @Ari L 20-23

Bench

David Johnson, Ari RB Min W 23-20

I benched AP for DJ in my PPR league. DJ- 17.3, AP- 12.6. I'll take it.

Looks like DJ is fine:

"Kent Somers

Kent Somers Verified account ‏@kentsomers

Arians said David Johnson is fine, just tired. #AZCardinals, 41 carries in five days."

The 10 days should rest him up. Eagles await Sunday night for FF semis. It's on

Looks like DJ is fine:

"Kent Somers

Arians said David Johnson is fine, just tired. #AZCardinals, 41 carries in five days."

Hope so...But I would also hope that a young buck with minimal wear on the tires would be able to hold up to 41 carries in 5 days without having to ice up mid-game.

Looks like DJ is fine:

"Kent Somers

Hope so...But I would also hope that a young buck with minimal wear on the tires would be able to hold up to 41 carries in 5 days without having to ice up mid-game.
You'd assume his propensity to injury would be rather small due to relatively little wear and tear.. but variance.

This read is also interesting. It shows that there's a direct correlation between a lack of NFL experience and increased propensity to injury.

Game of inches. Like has been said could have easily had 2 TDs.

My first chance to watch a full game. He passes the eye test that's for damn sure.

Users who are viewing this thread