What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty and Redraft: David Johnson Saints (2 Viewers)

dipandglide said:
Redraft yes, dynasty no. I'd easily take Evans, OBJ, Nuk and possibly a handful of others over him. This is coming from one of DJ's biggest fans too. 

DJ has looked amazing thus far. I doubt I'd take any RB over him in dynasty right now. 
Easily? I could see an argument being made, but I can't imagine it being easy.

Easily? I could see an argument being made, but I can't imagine it being easy.
In a start up, I'm taking OBJ and Evans over him without any thought. I think it starts to get close when you compare him to AB, Nuk, Arob, and Julio. I made a thread the other day on DLF about who would you rather have in dynasty, DJ? Or Bell?I think I lean towards Dj, but it's pretty close. 

OK, maybe two weeks ago this guy Jeff Miller, a senior writer for dynastyleaguefootball, tweets that David Johnson still wasn't a good rb. So I get into it with him a little, end up unfollowing. Today I retweeted his original assertion and asked if he still thought DJ wasn't a good rb after last night and he blocked me.

Save your money on a subscription to that site folks. Unless of course you think David Johnson still isn't a good rb.

Really? Why are there 15-16 WR's consistently being mocked in the top 20 of dynasty startups compared to 4-5 RB's? WR's are a much safer asset to build around then RB's and it's been proven/written about many times. 
I guess if people write about it, it must be true. 

This has the makings of another HUGE stat line for DJ 

if the jets can't muster much offense and Ari plays with the lead all night we could be looking at another 1 or 2 tds. 

So I know this sounds absolutely absurd but is anyone else considering benching him this week? Reason I ask is because I have DJ, Bell, Ware, and Christine Michael as my running backs.

It seems Seattle is very good against the run in this season as well and Palmer has not been playing the best.....Am I crazy?

So I know this sounds absolutely absurd but is anyone else considering benching him this week? Reason I ask is because I have DJ, Bell, Ware, and Christine Michael as my running backs.

It seems Seattle is very good against the run in this season as well and Palmer has not been playing the best.....Am I crazy?
You are going to hate yourself if DJ goes for 30 points on your bench. You can't sit him right now. 

No way I sit the guy I drafted first overall, when he's shown absolutely no signs that he'd be a single-digit scorer in touch matchups. Heck, the Jets D is no slouch either and look what he did!

Don't overthink it. Just because Seattle is tough on paper doesn't mean it will turn out that way. And anyway, he's obviously a great receiver if they struggle running the ball.

Threw every thing and the kitchen sink in for this guy.  Owner still pondering.

Cam; CJ; Booker and J Reed.

Note - he is a Redskins fan and likes CJ.

Note - I could afford this move.  Probably wont happen.  He's 1-5 and I'm 5-1.

If you manage to pull this heist off, then run, don't walk, RUN  to your waiver wire and pick up Andre Ellington.

I would bet this big wallop to your team leaves you slightly thin at RB, so in that case get you a bit of DJ insurance. (I know it will be a bit of a committee, but Ellington has been sufficient at times when given a big enough workload)

IF you really want to get a chuckle, head on over to the Gurley thread and watch that goose "ghostguy" try and argue with me about how much better Gurley is over DJ, and he then went on to say seriously that he would "rather have Gurley in dynasty even if he tore both ACLs".

You may have to scroll back like 2 or 3 pages, but its worth the read, trust me.

Before this year, I thought it was fairly close, but I knew DJ was a better pass catcher and tied to an obviously better offense.

I don't think its close anymore.

I've been stockpiling DJ rookie cards, and I sleep good at night because of it.     :wub:

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:

I like your offer certainly worth a counter proposal.

It wouldn't be enough for me or likely a lot of people to part with DJ but at least it shows you are trying to offer multiple useful pieces to make something happen.

Is this CJ Anderson? Or which one?

I think you likely need to add something else significant, such as 1st round pick(s) if you really want to make this happen. Reed coming off of his 6th concussion can't have a rebuilding team feeling too good about his long term value. 

Last edited by a moderator:

That's not even close to enough. 

You need a couple kitchen sinks added. 

Yes. 

Is there a place to find target numbers before MNF is over?   I feel like he had a TON of targets including at least 2 on wheel routes to the end zone.  Could have easily been a ridiculous stat line.

Is there a place to find target numbers before MNF is over?   I feel like he had a TON of targets including at least 2 on wheel routes to the end zone.  Could have easily been a ridiculous stat line.
If you're a subscriber, they're in the weekly stats page. If not, ESPN game logs have them. DJ had 13 last night.

Matchup proof - this was a horrible matchup, and a horribly QB'd game by a seriously declining Palmer, and DJ still had 100+ yards and the receptions to make him a solid RB2 play this week. 

Not what I needed out of him, but more than I expected - they were down 21-0, and he only had 4.x points and I thought, "well, I guess I'll be happy with whatever I get today" thinking at best it'll be 8-10 points. Dude finishes with 17+.  there's simply no game script that will cause his value to drop. 

As for that .gif, dude is just electric. Moves on top of moves. The power of LT2, the cuts/jukes of Sanders - if he stays healthy in a decade he might be the benchmark player to compare others to. He's truly in a unique power/speed/agility mold. 

Any Cardinal homers with insight to what this line will look like without Veldheer? Losing him can't be a good thing, with regard to DJs value, but I'm curious how much of a hit he takes ROS with Veldheer out, since DJ has proven he's quite adept at creating for himself.

Users who are viewing this thread