Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty and Redraft: David Johnson RB Houston Texans

1 hour ago, rickyg said:

I am literally sad that I have to say goodbye to my beloved 1st RD pick this year.  It pains me that some other undeserving schlub in my league will get him next year.  Lol.  

Play dynasty. I'm so happy I get to have a long-term relationship with my new BFF.

• Like 3
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a great wife and two children, all of whom I love very much, but David Johnson may be my favorite person.

You’re a huge Cards fan and you thought Johnson injured his leg?  

We may not know until after the game starts.. 

I've made plenty of bad decisions in my dynasty league over the years.  Finally made a good one last year when I traded back into the 1st to select David Johnson at 1.8.  

Would have won the league championship last year if not for a dumb lineup decision.  But I finally won the league this year after 18 years (previously 0-3 in championship games) thanks to my man DJ.  I'm so happy and excited to have him in the fold for years to come.

Thanks, DJ.  God bless and stay healthy!

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, zed2283 said:

I've made plenty of bad decisions in my dynasty league over the years.  Finally made a good one last year when I traded back into the 1st to select David Johnson at 1.8.  

Would have won the league championship last year if not for a dumb lineup decision.  But I finally won the league this year after 18 years (previously 0-3 in championship games) thanks to my man DJ.  I'm so happy and excited to have him in the fold for years to come.

Thanks, DJ.  God bless and stay healthy!

Congrats

• Like 1

Johnson was a key role in the one  championship team I had this year. (God knows my WRs there were a bust)

Anyway, just some quick figuring a few minutes ago.

In our league, which is close to standard scoring (there may be a small bonus for 200 rushing yards, I can't remember) I sat and figured out his average weekly total.

Looks like over the 15 games of the regular season he played (and I and most everyone else started him every game), every week you started him you got an average of 21.56 per week in standard.

Not only that, he only had 6 games where he actually finished under the 20 point mark, with one of those over 19 in week one.

Next year, if I get the #1 slot in redraft, I think I know what my choice is. (in the past I was going WR) 

Even in my start 3WR leagues, this is just too massive to pass up.

TZM

9 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Takes a big man to admit when he was wrong.

definitely not a JAG.

next year it goes DJ, EE, Bell => everyone else. 

I know it hasn't been popular in recent years but it appears rbs win championships as much as ever.  Getting the difference between Jordy Nelson, aj  green, Julio, all those guys is all over the map but in the end not that much ( in single games, yes, but not over the course of the season).  However, if you get two top rbs, I don't know how you aren't successful.  

Maybe it's coincidence but a quick scan of championship teams this year look like bell and Freeman or dj and shady or zeke and Ajayi, etc.  I just don't know how teams offset a weekly 50+ point production like that.  

Edited by Shutout
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Takes a big man to admit when he was wrong.

definitely not a JAG.

next year it goes DJ, EE, Bell => everyone else. 

in standard maybe.......but on a per game basis in PPR its DJ/Bell and then everybody else.........

Edited by Milkman
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Otis said:

Excited to see what he does this week :popcorn:

I think it's going to be a big day. He needs 159 yards receiving to reach 1000, and I think they are going to go for it.

Dammit! Hopefully it's not serious.

I have no problem with him playing today. Why play anyone at all? He's got all kinds of records to go for, and it would be silly to start sitting star players in every game when they are out of the playoffs.

• Like 1
Just now, Pipes said:

Why wouldn't he be it's his job?  Terrible luck and hoping it looked worse than it really is

LOL omg just ridiculous thought. They gain nothing as a team from playing him and risk their most valuable player for nothing.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kutta said:

Dammit! Hopefully it's not serious.

I have no problem with him playing today. Why play anyone at all? He's got all kinds of records to go for, and it would be silly to start sitting star players in every game when they are out of the playoffs.

Nope it's what they should do. It's a great chance to look/develop young prospects. They gain nothing from playing him and risk everything.

Just now, Milkman said:

LOL omg just ridiculous thought. They gain nothing as a team from playing him and risk their most valuable player for nothing.

Why is anyone playing who isn't fighting for a playoff spot?  It sucks he got injured but he plays a violent game.

1 minute ago, Milkman said:

I get people saying its his job, etc, but when you're season is over in this business, you have to treat your most valuable resources appropriately.  If the Seahawks were out of it, it would be silly to subject Russell Wilson to punishment if their line was injured and he was getting hit a lot. It's just common sense. These aren't people you can just easily replace and sometimes injuries, especially at the position, can effect the following year.  

1 minute ago, Pipes said:

Why is anyone playing who isn't fighting for a playoff spot?  It sucks he got injured but he plays a violent game.

He should not have been playing in this game period. Records do nothing for the team. Losing him for the first 4-6 weeks of next year just ####ed them completely.

I think he should be playing but his workload should have been scaled back a few weeks ago.

Also, some encouraging news unless you needed DJ today. Dr. Chao said by video concern is MCL sprain which all things considering would be good news, again unless you needed him today.

Going for a record could actually have just ruined DJ's career. Nah it's not DJ's job to play in a meaningless game. It's DJ's job to help the team be as good as they can be. The best way to help them do that today was to have him sit out this game, heal up after a long season, and get ready for next year.

Edited by Milkman
Just now, menobrown said:

I think he should be playing but his workload should have been scaled back a few weeks ago.

Also, some encouraging news unless you needed DJ today. Dr. Chao said by video concern is MCL sprain which all things considering would be good news, again unless you needed him today.

Yes, Ellington should've played more in the previous games. He's a proven veteran with big-play potential. 

So should he have sat starting week 14 when they were officially eliminated?  If not why?  Why are Brees, Gurley, Rivers etc. playing today?

These guys are super competitive and hard wired to compete.  It sucks he got hurt but it's what they signed up for.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Pipes said:

So should he have sat starting week 14 when they were officially eliminated?  If not why?  Why are Brees, Gurley, Rivers etc. playing today?

You're right! Why the #### are they playing? What the #### don't you get? It's not about satisfying their competitive juices dude. JFC

Edited by Milkman
1 minute ago, Portis Homer said:

Chao only mentioned mcl sprain as the concern based on video, the guy is almost never wrong, I wouldn't panic or be overly worried about his dynasty value yet.

I mentioned that earlier but everyone carrying on about if he should be playing or not and they buried the lead.

You're right! Why the #### are they playing? What the #### don't you get? It's not about satisfying their competitive juices dude. JFC you're dense.

You're not being excellent here.  I guess your a DJ owner, so I am so I'll give you a pass for your hostility.  Why didn't you answer my question?  Where's the line on when superstars should and shouldn't play?

What do you think DJ's reaction would've been if they didn't play him today?

1 minute ago, Willie Neslon said:

What about Luck, Cam, Evans, Winston, etc, etc, etc.  Should they all have sat today too? Give me a break.

Why just today?  

Just now, Willie Neslon said:

What about Luck, Cam, Evans, Winston, etc, etc, etc.  Should they all have sat today too? Give me a break.

If teams were smart they would. Well Winston should play.....he needs the practice. It is absolutely asinine to have any valuable players on your team playing in meaningless games.

2 minutes ago, Willie Neslon said:

No kidding. It's ridiculous to say he should have sat. 

If teams were smart they would. Well Winston should play.....he needs the practice. It is absolutely asinine to have any valuable players on your team playing in meaningless games.

Define meaningless. Because Milkman thinks it's meaningless doesn't mean coaches, players, and owners think it's meaningless.

Just now, Milkman said:

These guys have performance bonuses in their contract. He could get hurt getting out of the car. If he's dinged up maybe you'd have a point but he wasn't. These guys want to finish the season on a high note. Look at Luck sprinting up the sideline after the game winning td. There's no way DJ was sitting today.

LOL at Fairy Tale Football guy assuming he knows better than the teams what players should and shouldn't play each week.

Sucks DJ got hurt, but as a fan of the team I have zero problem with him playing today, he earned the right this season to get the records and injuries can happen at any time and are rarely ever "convenient"  if it's just a sprain , in week 17 of a busted season that's about as convenient as something like that could be

Just now, Pipes said:

You're not being excellent here.  I guess your a DJ owner, so I am so I'll give you a pass for your hostility.  Why didn't you answer my question?  Where's the line on when superstars should and shouldn't play?

What do you think DJ's reaction would've been if they didn't play him today?

Why just today?  

It's not about DJ's reaction. Teams are dumb though. It's not about records. It's not about AJ Greens feelings.  It's about doing what's optimal for the team. That is resting proven studs when you are eliminated, getting younger players reps to help speed up their development and identify talent, and get the best draft pick you can by losing.

How does it help the team if DJ had 170 yards receiving today?