What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PieLeeg HQ: Magic Beisbol Extravaganza (4 Viewers)

Very impressive September. I'm glad not claiming Jose Ramirez wasn't the difference. After the third bomb in two days I thought it would be, but he pulled away anyway. Well done.

Attention other winners: DM or email me with your PayPal addy of choice and I'll get it squared away.

BTW - After playing in cake, I much prefer players being free agents after a time, being able to make moves the day of the game and not having FA pickups knock you down the waiver wire list. 
Let's talk through this in February and we can make some changes. I'm cool with changes.

Also, I just floated through the Cake thread after some time away from FBG:

1- Really sad to see SCBF died. He was a long-time participant in our shenanigans.  :sadbanana:

2- I think it's really awesome that @jamny took over his team a month into the season and won the whole damn thing.

3- I think it's even more awesome that Jamny has the heart to donate the $1125 winnings from that league straight to SCBF's family to pay for the expenses, support the children, etc.

Gonna make a guy cry, man.

Let's talk through this in February and we can make some changes. I'm cool with changes.

Also, I just floated through the Cake thread after some time away from FBG:

1- Really sad to see SCBF died. He was a long-time participant in our shenanigans.  :sadbanana:

2- I think it's really awesome that @jamny took over his team a month into the season and won the whole damn thing.

3- I think it's even more awesome that Jamny has the heart to donate the $1125 winnings from that league straight to SCBF's family to pay for the expenses, support the children, etc.

Gonna make a guy cry, man.
Thanks man! :thumbup:  

He drafted a very good team but was in 11th place at like 65 points due to inactivity. -150 innings, 1pt in K, 1pt in W  I never took over a team before so it was interesting with a bunch of players I probably wouldn't have drafted. It's sad that we can't seem to get in touch with anyone in his family but I was still glad to win it for him and making it something to remember him by in our little world here.

BTW - After playing in cake, I much prefer players being free agents after a time, being able to make moves the day of the game and not having FA pickups knock you down the waiver wire list. 
This was the potential rule change discussed.  I'd be in favor of implementing this.

This was the potential rule change discussed.  I'd be in favor of implementing this.
It definitely made it more enjoyable. It favors a more active owner and made for a more active league. I mean, it sucks to have a guy go on the DL and lose a waiver spot to replace him with some shlub. Save the WW for quality players. Plus, being able to do it day of the game should be normal.

I wish there was some middle ground on this in the Yahoo settings. You're right about losing WW priority for a routine daily move, but I also know why we went to the format we went to in the first place.

We'll have 3 guys hawking the FA board at all times of day after a blown save or a guy walks off a field with an injury. It rewards them, but also makes it miserable for the 75% of the league who may not be glued to it at that moment.

I agree with you on day of game. That's probably the most annoying part of our current setup.

If you combine Cake's settings with Pie's league knowledge... it's going to be chaos of another kind. Mac will have 1400 add/drops, at minimum.

I'm trying to remember... isn't that why we have the settings we have in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't players on waivers until 8am the next day (or something like that?). So everyone has to put in claims at night, but then anyone not picked up through waivers just becomes a FA?

Aren't players on waivers until 8am the next day (or something like that?). So everyone has to put in claims at night, but then anyone not picked up through waivers just becomes a FA?
If there's a way to do this (and then have the player pool lock at first pitch) ... that'd probably make the masses happy.

We'll have 3 guys hawking the FA board at all times of day after a blown save or a guy walks off a field with an injury. It rewards them, but also makes it miserable for the 75% of the league who may not be glued to it at that moment.
I vote for whatever prevents this scenario. It's bad enough that the same guys always get the west coast closer changes. I wish waivers ran every morning at like 10am after Ive had a chance to see what happened the day before.  :coffee:

So, ideally:

Newly dropped players or players added to yahoo database subject to waivers for however long.

Waivers for all players after first pitch.

Waivers by around 10am(EST), then all those players not newly dropped or added to database become free agents until first pitch and able to be added for that days games.

Not possible?

So, ideally:

Newly dropped players or players added to yahoo database subject to waivers for however long.

Waivers for all players after first pitch.

Waivers by around 10am(EST), then all those players not newly dropped or added to database become free agents until first pitch and able to be added for that days games.

Not possible?
In the past it hasn't been on Yahoo. I'll check to make sure that hasn't been an upgrade for 2020.

I feel like Fantrax can probably house those parameters. It's not an ideal host, but if it means that much to everyone we could consider migrating.

I'm renewing the league on Yahoo now and I'll investigate the settings options.

We have one confirmed opening from Timmy PG's departure. I'm assume all 14 others are returning unless you say otherwise.

Here are Yahoo's waiver options...

Continuous: All unowned players are on waivers at all times. Waiver claims are processed on fixed days of the week as defined by the commissioner. When a player is dropped, he must remain on waivers for a set number of days before he can be claimed; that number of days is indicated by the Waiver Time setting.

Standard: All dropped players go onto waivers for a period of time specified by the Waiver Time parameter, and if unclaimed become free agents.

None: Players not subject to the league's waiver rules remain free agents throughout the week. Players must be added to a roster by 11:59 PM, PT Sunday to be eligible for the current game week.

Note that while changing your waiver rule or continuous waiver clear days during the season are allowed, changing either setting can lead to confusing or unexpected behavior. In particular, if your league has any outstanding waiver claims on players, or has players on waivers due to being dropped or newly added to the game, when you transition between modes or change clear days, players may not clear waivers when you might predict or expect.
From there I am able to alter things like what days of the week the waivers run (I have it set for all 7 days), but I'm not able to adjust the time of the waiver run. I'm also able to adjust the length of time a dropped player goes on waivers.

ETA: It looks like I can change waivers to FAAB. I don't think that works particularly well for daily leagues, though.

TL;DR on Yahoo: We're going to either have to adhere to one of the options from Yahoo above, or we're going to have to seek an alternative host that will handle the setup that the majority of the league wants.

TL;DR on Yahoo: We're going to either have to adhere to one of the options from Yahoo above, or we're going to have to seek an alternative host that will handle the setup that the majority of the league wants.
I don't mind using someone else like Fantrax or whoever and using their free leagues or paying an extra $10 so everyone is happy.

I'm renewing the league on Yahoo now and I'll investigate the settings options.

We have one confirmed opening from Timmy PG's departure. I'm assume all 14 others are returning unless you say otherwise.
Do we need to find someone or are we going with 14 this year since Timmy PG is out?

In the past it hasn't been on Yahoo. I'll check to make sure that hasn't been an upgrade for 2020.

I feel like Fantrax can probably house those parameters. It's not an ideal host, but if it means that much to everyone we could consider migrating.
If rather play fantasy wnba on Yahoo than mlb on fantrax

One of my other leeg's is giving fantrax a try this year - they're giving us a free year to give them a shot. I don't know if any of you have tried them before, but if not allegedly they're a good baseball platform. Yes, I'm aware that their football one sucks. So, if we're all ignorant to them and are hesitant about making the jump now I'll report back at season's end.

Yahoo's fine, but as RnR said the options are rigid. Status quo with their over night processing or go back to the way things were before - a streamer's paradise (>hi).

Unless there's a strenuous objection, let's just keep it on Yahoo. I'm OK with putting it to a vote re: our options here.

A - Keep the waiver rules the same.

B - Open it up to free-for-all. (With waiver process for dropped players)

One vote per team. (HellToupee's vote doesn't count.)

Let's have all votes in by Friday and we'll move forward with the payment + dice roll process the next week.

Users who are viewing this thread