What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PieLeeg HQ: Magic Beisbol Extravaganza (6 Viewers)

I think the biggest potential change for fantasy is whether the 5 IP minimum for starting pitcher Ws is going to be relaxed.

Gentlemen: Hope you're all doing well.

Please hold off on all transactions for now.

Once we get a little closer to knowing if this season is actually going to happen as planned, we'll proceed with a 5-round supplemental draft to expand the rosters. Let's tentatively put it on the schedule to begin the week of Monday, July 15. This will give everyone a chance to "corona-proof" their rosters fairly & hold players as they shuffle through 60-man rosters.

We'll randomize the draft order at that time. We can also talk about expanding the IL slots. We have 2 now. The max Yahoo will allow is 5.

If anyone has any other ideas/concerns, please let me know. Thanks!

@cosjobs@greedygoat@PIK95

@charlieB@E-Z Glider@Rated R Superstar

@HellToupee@Widbil83@Spartans Rule

@rodg12@Chemical X@Eephus

@jamny@MAC_32@shady inc

Last edited by a moderator:
So we're free to pick up players at any time?

Seems like it.
No, I'll reverse Chem X's transactions. He "loved" Cosjobs' post about reverse draft order for the supplemental draft, so he was aware.

I guess I should have sought to shut off the transaction valve at Yahoo after my note to everyone.

Since MLB is still on track to play, we're still on track to do the supplemental draft.

Let's try to get a check in from everyone and we'll get started. I'll start reaching out individually today.

Draft shouldn't take us more than a day or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I'll reverse Chem X's transactions. He "loved" Cosjobs' post about reverse draft order for the supplemental draft, so he was aware.

I guess I should have sought to shut off the transaction valve at Yahoo after my note to everyone.

Since MLB is still on track to play, we're still on track to do the supplemental draft.

Let's try to get a check in from everyone and we'll get started. I'll start reaching out individually today.

Draft shouldn't take us more than a day or two.
are reversing all moves?

are reversing all moves?
Any move made after the June 29 announcement in this thread will need to be reversed.

Anything before that will stand... Hard to reverse something that happened before we put the rule in place. In hindsight, probably should've frozen transactions when the season was delayed.

Chemical X said:
seems arbitrary and cheaty
Everyone should have waited until we got things straightened out. We're all in uncharted territory here and a consensus seems like the logical move before any changes were made.

Ok, here's the scoop on the supplemental draft order:

I'm going to roll 15 1000-sided dice (and copy Rodg12 on the results for confirmation). Your dice roll will correspond with your original draft position. (Ex. Chem X will receieve #2 dice roll because he was #2 pick).

We will determine the supplemental draft order by ranking those numbers highest to lowest.

Here's the original draft order, for reference:

1Rated R Superstar

2Chemical X

3charlieB

4Spartans Rule

5jamny

6MAC_32

7Eephus

8E-Z Glider

9HellToupee

10rodg12

11shady inc

12RnR

13widbil83

14cosjobs

15greedygoat/pik95

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 685
Roll subtotal: 685
Roll total: 685

Roll set 2
Die rolls: 462
Roll subtotal: 462
Roll total: 462

Roll set 3
Die rolls: 40
Roll subtotal: 40
Roll total: 40

Roll set 4
Die rolls: 708
Roll subtotal: 708
Roll total: 708

Roll set 5
Die rolls: 585
Roll subtotal: 585
Roll total: 585

Roll set 6
Die rolls: 338
Roll subtotal: 338
Roll total: 338

Roll set 7
Die rolls: 91
Roll subtotal: 91
Roll total: 91

Roll set 8
Die rolls: 180
Roll subtotal: 180
Roll total: 180

Roll set 9
Die rolls: 151
Roll subtotal: 151
Roll total: 151

Roll set 10
Die rolls: 790
Roll subtotal: 790
Roll total: 790

Roll set 11
Die rolls: 620
Roll subtotal: 620
Roll total: 620

Roll set 12
Die rolls: 25
Roll subtotal: 25
Roll total: 25

Roll set 13
Die rolls: 687
Roll subtotal: 687
Roll total: 687

Roll set 14
Die rolls: 22
Roll subtotal: 22
Roll total: 22

Roll set 15
Die rolls: 82
Roll subtotal: 82
Roll total: 82

So let me throw a curve ball in here. We drafted when some top players were injured and going to miss half the season. Now they're healthy and someone who drafted a guy in the 15 round because of injury normally would be a 3rd rounder. How is that fair per se? Or what if my 1 round pick decides he's not playing because of COVID. What happens then?

I'm up for a majority vote but I believe we should be redrafting our teams. Everything has changed now because it's only 60 games instead of 162. How much more important has pitching become? Is Freeman or Chapman gonna be the same player after testing positive? Rudy Gobert from the Jazz says his legs are still not right and he got it back in March. 

I'm down for whatever, just wanted to throw in my two cents. Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

So let me throw a curve ball in here. We drafted when some top players were injured and going to miss half the season. Now they're healthy and someone who drafted a guy in the 15 round because of injury normally would be a 3rd rounder. How is that fair per se? Or what if my 1 round pick decides he's not playing because of COVID. What happens then?

I'm up for a majority vote but I believe we should be redrafting our teams. Everything has changed now because it's only 60 games instead of 162. How much more important has pitching become? Is Freeman or Chapman gonna be the same player after testing positive? Rudy Gobert from the Jazz says his legs are still not right and he got it back in March. 

I'm down for whatever, just wanted to throw in my two cents. Hope everyone is safe and healthy.
These are all fair questions. I don't know that I have a great answer to any of it. We can talk through all of it. They didn't cover pandemics in magic baseball commissioner school.

I understand the thinking but am not down for a new draft. It's a hundred bucks, lets wing it and see what happens. I personally don't think the season will ever be completed.

I understand the thinking but am not down for a new draft. It's a hundred bucks, lets wing it and see what happens. I personally don't think the season will ever be completed.
This is kinda where I'm at. I'll take any joy we can squeeze out of this situation. However, your last sentence is what has me contemplating just returning the funds and calling it off. Could be a real mess from a fantasy perspective.

:ptts:

I love how most of the U.S. need to drive like 4 states and wait for hours to maybe get a COVID test, but pro sports leagues can have daily teasts for all, sometimes 2x daily, including nose swabs.  Priorities.

Draft order...check my math

1 - rodg12

2 - Spartans Rule

3 - widbil83

4 - Rated R Superstar

5 - shady inc

6 - jamny

7 - Chemical X

8 - MAC_32

9 - E-Z Glider

10 - HellToupee

11 - Eephus