What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PieLeeg HQ: Magic Beisbol Extravaganza (3 Viewers)

in these uncertain times i wanted the group to know that my white castle/hair cut trip will occur later this month.  this is only because my 86 YO FIL is moving to a new apartment and needs assistance.  This is not what we want to do right now, but if we have to go, may as well get castle and a cut.  

Chemical X said:
in these uncertain times i wanted the group to know that my white castle/hair cut trip will occur later this month.  this is only because my 86 YO FIL is moving to a new apartment and needs assistance.  This is not what we want to do right now, but if we have to go, may as well get castle and a cut.  
Looking forward to the trip report!  :thumbup:

3 of my top 4 picks are on the IL.

How do I start the refund process?  Is there a form I need to complete?

Yeah, I need a refund too. My 1st and 3rd picks who were supposed to carry my offense have played a combined 15 games.

Oh wait, I'm in 1st anyway. Nevermind. :whistle:

I agree to a trade.  In the time between agreeing to the trade and it's execution, one of the players I'm receiving goes on the IL.  Bringing my IL total to 6342 players.

I ####### QUIT.

I agree to a trade.  In the time between agreeing to the trade and it's execution, one of the players I'm receiving goes on the IL.  Bringing my IL total to 6342 players.

I ####### QUIT.
yeah, why does it take a full moon cycle to execute trades?  why isn’t this immediate?  also, next year let’s expand IL from 2 to 47.

My team is mirroring the NY Mets.

First place for most of the first half. Lose deGrom right after the All Star break. Team stops hitting and falls out of first.

Hopefully I can right the ship.

My team is mirroring the NY Mets.

First place for most of the first half. Lose deGrom right after the All Star break. Team stops hitting and falls out of first.

Hopefully I can right the ship.
Better than the LA Angels approach I've taken. Suck all year. Out of it at the deadline. Don't trade anyone of value. Keep acting like a contender. And continue to play sub 500 ball.

Why rush back Walsh. Just put Ohtani and Sandoval on ice and call it a season. You've got an expiring $8m Quintana just sitting back there begging to serve up Bundy-esque meatballs over the last 6 weeks, fellas. Embrace failure. Future you will benefit.

Yet here I am continuing to churn the dredge throughout the bottom half of the roster like I have any chance at all.  :lol: :bag:

Was looking back at my draft and it’s pretty crazy I’m in 1st in September after bombing my first 4 picks (Yelich, Nola, Springer, Flaherty). From rounds 5-20 I had a great run, only bad pick in there was Urshela in round 13.

Don’t think I’ll be able to hang on though, my pitching is teetering on the brink of collapse. My offense has been great, made up a ton of ground in RBI lately but could give it all back just as fast, that category is really close.

Nice comeback Sparty and great stretch run CharlieBrowns. I thought the way you piled up innings early would hurt you in the end. Not sure if that played into the final result but good battle to end the season.

Losing deGrom obviously hurt me, as did Ozuna early on, but my team just did nothing in the second half. I had to work hard to hold on to 3rd. 

Thanks again RnR for a smoothly run draft and season. Thanks to those too that were out of it but continued to compete. That always makes for a better league. See ya next season!

So, how do we handle ties???

Also, so we payout 3 or 4. Asking for a friend??
I’m not in the league but the way I’ve always seen ties handled in roto is that those 2 teams would split the money for both spots 

so let’s say

1st gets 1000

2nd 500

3rd 200

tie for 1st those 2 teams get 750 each, 3rd gets 200

One final thought as the rolls come in today: If Widbil ends up being a no-show, we'll move forward as a 14-teamer and simply remove the 4th place prize. We'll keep the same payout structure for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Bump for payout questions. This would make it 800/400/200. With a first-place split it would be 600/600/200.

Not sure if there's any tiebreaker for first. I'm happy with whatever, had pretty much settled on 2nd.

Hey guys, sorry I’m a day late to the tie party. Doing a little traveling this week. 

The 14-team payout structure dropped the “money back for 4th” (sorry Rodg) to keep the top 3 payouts the same.

That’s 800-400-200.

Since we have a tie for first, I think it makes the most sense to payout 600-600-200 rather than arrive on some arbitrary tiebreaker that wasn’t previously determined. If we want to do that in the future, it’s something we could vote on adding for next season.

So … congrats to @Spartans Rule and @charlieB for the co-championship!

If you guys and @jamny would like to verify preferred payment method via PM, I’ll send those out ASAP.

Thanks to everyone for another clean season.

As jamny said, a sign of a good competitive league is that we had folks making their moves all the way down the line. Made the winners earn it.

Users who are viewing this thread