What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PieLeeg HQ: Magic Beisbol Extravaganza (3 Viewers)

holy ####, justin turner apparently went 7 rounds ago.  did everyone else know about this?
He's getting full time ABs for the first time this year, so it's easy to see how you overlooked him. Love this factoid though: among hitters with at least 500 PA since 2014, Turner has the 11th best wRC+ (runs created basically), just behind Anthony Rizzo and ahead of Jose Abreu and Josh Donaldson. He's a solid 5 category contributor with mediocre power and speed. To put it in perspective for you, he's Eric Hosmer, only 98 picks later and with 3B eligibility.

He's getting full time ABs for the first time this year, so it's easy to see how you overlooked him. Love this factoid though: among hitters with at least 500 PA since 2014, Turner has the 11th best wRC+ (runs created basically), just behind Anthony Rizzo and ahead of Jose Abreu and Josh Donaldson. He's a solid 5 category contributor with mediocre power and speed. To put it in perspective for you, he's Eric Hosmer, only 98 picks later and with 3B eligibility.
I know what wRC+ is, ughkay (it's not "runs created basically").  it's a fairly solid publicly available measure of a players value added at the plate, and it's not a category for this leeg.  lol at calling 5 SBs "contributing".  the only category turner bested hos in last year was OBP, by 7 points.  

look, I like turner.  i was semi-enthused to take him with my 20th round pick, before I realized he had been taken 8 rounds prior.  he went 15th round in cake, ADP around 17th round in NFBC drafts.  I think those are decent places to get him.  i would probably experience flu-like symptoms if I took him in the 12th round.  

I loved having him last year as a fill-in and think his batted ball profile is legit.  Him never netting > 500 PA's in a season and coming off microfracture surgery probably ensures I won't draft him anywhere this year though.  Kinda would like to be wrong.  Love watching him play.

Users who are viewing this thread