What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Tour Thread: 2019 Season Ends (3 Viewers)

chet said:
He will go somewhere between now and the end of round 5 probably.  He did well in last year's Masters but not so well in the other 3--T65 in the PGA and MC in the Opens.
He's playing well right now though.  Super consistent.  I'd love him as my fifth. 

1.1 Speith

1.2 Rory

1.3 Day

1.4 Scott

1.5 Fowler

1.6 Rose

2.1 DJ

2.2 Phil (??)

2.3 Stenson

2.4 Bubba

2.5 Oostie

2.6 Reed

3.1 Charl

3.2 Matsuyama

3.3 Willett

3.4 Snedeker

3.5 Sergio

3.6 Zach

4.1 Brooks

4.2 Grace

4.3 Kuck

4.4 Walker

4.5 Casey

4.6 Ryan Moore

5.1 Bill Haas

5.2 JB Holmes

5.3 Kevin Na--I hated making this pick but I didn't see anyone better

5.4 Kisner

5.5 Cabrero Bello

5.6 Leishman

6.1 Lowry

6.2 Ian Poulter

6.3 Dufner

and I am on the clock.  Thinking maybe Lingmerth or Horschel.

Golf Channel....holy hell I'd forgotten how bad Normans '96 choke really was.

Blows 8, spins it down the hill on 9, 3-gags 11, wet on 12, luckily stays dry on 15, the final nail duck-hook into the drink on 16...one horrendous shot after another.

Blows 8, spins it down the hill on 9, 3-gags 11, wet on 12, luckily stays dry on 15, the final nail duck-hook into the drink on 16...one horrendous shot after another.
How does it rank against Jean Van de Velde's '99 Open Championship?

Absolutely brutal to watch. And seemed like it was torture for the announcers as well. You wanted him to settle down but you knew he wouldn't, just watching his face and demeanor. You know what, #### him though.

Norman's misses were just awful. if there was one place not to hit it, he found it almost every time. and that three-whack at 11.....ooof.

and i forgot: Faldo shot 67 on Sunday.

One of the first sporting events I watched where I understood what was happening when a guy was "choking". 

so I'm doing a masters draft with my buddies...who are some deep sleepers I should be targeting?  I'm familiar with most of the names, just don't follow golf as closely as most in this thread...I'm a majors only type.

so I'm doing a masters draft with my buddies...who are some deep sleepers I should be targeting?  I'm familiar with most of the names, just don't follow golf as closely as most in this thread...I'm a majors only type.
Depends how deep is deep but I like Charley Hoffman for a sleeper. 

I posted extensively in the Wagering thread but:
Jaime Donaldson
Bernd Wiesberger
Andy Sullivan

And Poulter seems to be slipping way too far. If he's there in the 30+ range, he's worthwhile.

If it gets real deep and your stuck with the real old guys who are there for bring prior champions, I really like Vijay Sing in that range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already can't stand DeChambeau. The cap, the attitude, the non-stop gushing by CBS. All his clubs are the same length. Wow, so impressed.

Weather at TPC Sawgrass this week is supposed to be clear and warm. Could see some really firm greens late Saturday and Sunday.

This event is funner to watch in many ways than the PGA Championship. I'm glad, after a bad run of weather and sub par fields, we are turning the corner into the best 2 months in sports as far as I'm concerned.  

Somebody here is or was a superintendent. I forget who, but I'm curious to hear what he's heard regarding the greens at Sawgrass. Both Stadium and Valley have had dire problems. I know the Superintendent was sent to Sugarloaf, which is obviously a demotion. I remember a few of the greens were off limits to players during practice rounds a couple years ago and read that a spraying error was responsible for that. I've heard a similar kind of thing is at the root of the disastrous condition of the Valley greens now, which I saw for myself a couple months ago. Bad. And for a twist, they're stripping the Stadium greens after the tournament, for the second time in four years, and putting the same strain currently in dog#### condition on the Valley. Tiffeagle Bermuda. Strange things afoot down there in Ponte Vedra.

Wow...Day puts on a clinic on playing Sawgrass while curb-stomping Spieth hth.

Spieth ended with a(nother) seemingly mental breakdown on his 18th.

Users who are viewing this thread